Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#356078 by Loramore Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:13 pm
Same situation - almost exactly the same wording:

From 917-261-0626

Hi, i will love to see more pix cos I wont be able to see it myself due to job busy but I will arrange mover who will come for pickup once payment is confirmed. Let me know asap. hope it can be picked up in 2days if we have an agreement? still got some questions.
is that the bottom price,the location, since when have got it and any negative thing i should know

<... my response>

Thanks for the details and time, i want you get back to me with your paypal email address for me to make the payment and also the pickup address to forward to the mover who will be coming for the pickup once the payment is made and cleared, also when you will be available for the pick up to happen so i can make the arrangement once.
Advertisement

#356079 by Bryon Williams Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:22 pm
If there was an email address he used please post it.

The scammer wanted to send you a fake Paypal payment. He has a fake Paypal address from a free email provider. The payment would look real. Its a screen shot of a fake payment. He then will instruct you to pay a mover, shipper or agent. The fake Paypal email from the scammer would say that your Paypal funds will be released when you send the scammer (mover,agent or shipper) money via Western Union or Money Gram. In reality Paypal would never hold your funds.

Log into Paypal directly without any links to check for monies received or call Paypal directly from the number on their site.

If you are selling electronics, Cell phones or computers then the scammer is trying to steal your "item". Your fake funds will be released when you send the scammer a scan copy of a receipt showing you mailed your item.

This same scam works with fake check and money orders. You and your bank will think they are real. After you cash the fake check. Days or weeks later your bank will inform you of the fraud. Your bank will have you repay the monies. Possibly close your account for fraud and report you to Law Enforcement.

The best thing to do is to sell in person face to face in a public place.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/