Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#362462 by Michelle Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:30 pm

The 2012 Honda Civic EX-L is still available. It is in a good condition, no scratches, no damages, never been involved in any kind of accidents. It has a 2.4L - 4 cylinder engine (great on gas), automatic transmission & only 35,735 miles. ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES at all and I have the clean title in hand. I'm selling it at this final price 2,000 because my husband passed away 2 months ago (he had a heart attack) and brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it asap. I also got a new job, moved back to my hometown, and many other things have priority now, so, this car has to go. If you are interested in buying my car, feel free to email me.

As I told you in my first email, got a new job and moved back to my hometown, Omaha, Nebraska. Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with eBay so my presence isn't necessary. They won't give me any money until you receive and test the vehicle. It is at the shipping company, ready to be delivered.
The shipping cost is included in the selling price of the vehicle! You will have 5 days to test it and inspect the vehicle. So if you want to make this deal I need the following details from you: full name, address and a phone number.

Once I got all the details I will forward them to eBay and they will proceed with the order. They will email you with all the information that you need to complete this deal and also they will confirm that the deal is conducted through them and I'm a legitimate seller. Waiting for your email with the requested details.Thank you.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#363099 by Headgaskett Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:42 am
Thanks for alerting me. A search of this scammer’s email led me to your site. Here is a copy of the email which is virtually identical to the scam found on your site.

The 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS is still available. It is in a good condition, no scratches, no damages, never been involved in any kind of accidents. It has a 6.0L - 8 cylinder engine (great on gas), automatic transmission & only 55,994 miles. ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES at all and I have the clean title in hand. I'm selling it at this final price 1,800 because my husband passed away 2 months ago (he had a heart attack) and brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it asap. I also got a new job, moved back to my hometown, and many other things have priority now, so, this car has to go. If you are interested in buying my car, feel free to email me.
Last edited by AlanJones on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Merged with existing topic.
#364673 by Bagmansports Tue May 15, 2018 9:07 am
I just had an email from this lady selling cars on craigs list. She emailed me the same email. Then pulled the ebay thing on me. I told her some choice words. I did get a phone number from her that seems to work.
#366403 by gswarren45 Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:43 am
Glad I searched her or his email before I sent anything to them! Gosh this pisses me off so bad when they do this shit!!!! :evil: :evil: What made me think was I never received a first email from them anyway???

Hi again,
As I told you in my first email, got a new job and moved back to my hometown, Omaha, Nebraska. Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with eBay so my presence isn't necessary. They won't give me any money until you receive and test the vehicle. It is at the shipping company, ready to be delivered.
The shipping cost is included in the selling price of the vehicle! You will have 5 days to test it and inspect the vehicle. So if you want to make this deal I need the following details from you: full name, address and a phone number.
Once I got all the details I will forward them to eBay and they will proceed with the order. They will email you with all the information that you need to complete this deal and also they will confirm that the deal is conducted through them and I'm a legitimate seller. Waiting for your email with the requested details.Thank you.
<removed rea; name and message - Tim>
.On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 12:20 PM Fiona Johnston <[email protected]> wrote:

The 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited is still available. It is in a good condition, no scratches, no damages, never been involved in any kind of accidents. It has a 3.3L - 6 cylinder engine (great on gas), automatic transmission & only 55,472 miles. ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES at all and I have the clean title in hand. I'm selling it at this final price 1,500 because my husband passed away 2 months ago (he had a heart attack) and brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it asap. I also got a new job, moved back to my hometown, and many other things have priority now, so, this car has to go. If you are interested in buying my car, feel free to email me.

I also attached more pictures.
Best regards,
Fiona Johnston
#371008 by hag Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:11 pm
Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2018 2:01 PM
To:
Subject: Re: 2016 Honda Civic Touring

Hi again,

Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2018 12:57 PM
To:
Subject: 2016 Honda Civic Touring

The 2016 Honda Civic Touring is still available. It is in a good condition, no scratches, no damages, never been involved in any kind of accidents. It has a 1.6 Turbo - 4 cylinder engine (great on gas), automatic transmission & only 80,231 miles. ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES at all and I have the clean title in hand. I'm selling it at this final price 5,500 because my husband passed away 2 months ago (he had a heart attack) and brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it asap. I also got a new job, moved back to my hometown, and many other things have priority now, so, this car has to go. If you are interested in buying my car, feel free to email me.
I also attached more pictures.
Best regards,
Fiona Johnston
#373075 by evank Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:01 pm
Same thing happened to me today. Replied to CL post, asked why the car (supposedly a 2001 Subaru Forester) is so cheap, heard her story about the husband, replied asking where it's located, got the copied-and-pasted reply about Omaha, Googled, found this thread (thank you!), and replied again to her: BUSTED!!!! with the link to this thread. Didn't get a reply, of course.
#373076 by Bryon Williams Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:13 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

replied again to her: BUSTED!!!! with the link to this thread

^^^^ Please do not tell scammers they are listed on an anti scamwarning site or give them links.

It will take them less than 15 minutes to change information and get a new email address.

This warning is now useless. It wont help others as it helped you.

Now we will find this scammer again when a paying victim or potential victims reports the new information.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#373077 by DebA. Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:06 pm
I am so glad I checked this site! Whoever it is isn't too clever, as it has been changed to Fiona Johnston Johnston, [email protected] and the MO is exactly identical. A blue 2012 Honda Civic EX-L is posted in the Wichita Craigslist as of this morning and the number to text is 816-321-0679. Of course, for $2000 I was interested. When she needed my full name, address and phone number for eBay and the transportation was included, I wondered. What really gave it away was when the invoice from "eBay" had to be paid with 4 $500 ebay gift cards. I don't use eBay, but I know better than that. I haven't let her know, since I checked this out. Do I report this, or how does this work?
#373146 by evank Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:05 am
Bryon Williams wrote:Welcome to Scamwarners,

replied again to her: BUSTED!!!! with the link to this thread

^^^^ Please do not tell scammers they are listed on an anti scamwarning site or give them links.

It will take them less than 15 minutes to change information and get a new email address.

This warning is now useless. It wont help others as it helped you.

Now we will find this scammer again when a paying victim or potential victims reports the new information.

Sorry. :( I thought I was being helpful by informing the scammer that people are on to him.