Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#364272 by Bryon Williams Fri May 11, 2018 10:47 pm
Subject: Amazon - Order #486-7476122-4092543

Amazon.com

Order Confirmation

Order #486-7476122-4092543
Hello xxxx,

Thanks for your Amazon Marketplace order with~ Store Electronics ~. We’ll let you know once your item(s) have dispatched. Your estimated delivery date is indicated below.

Order Details

Order #486-7476122-4092543
Return to product information
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
Sold by ~Store Electronics~
Condition: New

$500.00

Item Subtotal: $500.00
Postage & Packing: $0.00

Order Total: $500.00
Selected Payment Method: Gift Voucher

Payment Details

In order for you to complete this purchase you need to buy an Amazon Gift Card in the value of $500.00

How to complete the payment

To purchase your Amazon Gift Card please follow our instructions as detailed below:

Complete Gift Card details

1. Here you can find Amazon Gift Card (s) near your location: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000465651

(In order to avoid shipping delays and get Two Day Free Shipping choose the 1. - Option and purchase the Gift Card (s) from a Retailer Store)

2. NOTE: You can add only up to $500.00 into a Amazon Gift Cards card. For your purchase you need to buy an Amazon Gift Cards vouchers of $500.00. In order to avoid any mistakes when buying the Amazon Gift Cards, you will need to purchase the scratchable vouchers and NOT the VISA or MASTERCARD cards.

Information and instructions about order:

To confirm your payment, please reply back to this email with the following details:

1) Amazon Gift Card Claim Code
2) Gift Card Value
3) Screenshot (Photo) of the Gift Card and Receipt

Do Not Redeem or verify Amazon Gift Cards (code)- Must To Be Unused

Amazon Payments - Guarantee Protection

We guarantee purchases from third-party sellers when payment is made via Amazon Payments. Customers who pay for purchases from Amazon Marketplace via Amazon Payments are eligible to receive all amount of the purchase price, including delivery charges.

Please note! Do not redeem this Amazon Gift Card to your Amazon account! Click Here If you need further assistance.

We hope to see you again soon.
Amazon.com

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#365237 by Todd Nguyen Mon May 21, 2018 2:27 pm
I'm just another victim of this. A $500 Amazon giftcard lost to this scam. What happened to me with Amazon makes me want to share with you all because the scam started with a phishing listing on Amazon's site.

I was interested in a Taylor 214ce acoustic guitar. Generally costs from $824 to $999. But then an item came up in my Amazon search site that lists a used item under "More Buying Choices" for $500. The seller "USA BRAND NEW BOX" has a few 1-star ratings but otherwise a legitimate seller.

I put the item in the cart but then noticed that it was special seller instruction to contact them at [email protected] before proceeding to checkout. After a few correspondences with the "seller" at this emai address, I was instructed to to expect an email from Amazon of the order and to follow instructions on that order to complete the checkout.

I received an email from [email protected] with an order id and all details of the item, etc. Before anything I thought to check out the domain part which brought me to amazon.com. And this is the stupid part 1 that I made, I assumed that the redirect was legitimate because Amazon.com came up. The stupid part 2 was the instruction to reply to the email with an id of my $500 giftcard. I did.

Then nothing came back.

I contacted Amazon on the order and there everything about the order went down hill. At the end, Amazon was only able to record the details of the case and info I forward them. The level 2 support person does not guaranty I can get the $500 back. I was eluding to tell him that Amazon.com was infiltrated with the fraud and the scammer was able to use Amazon as the base for their followup activities.

My lesson. NEVER make exceptions on payments and info giving out to someone outside of the "safe zone" even though the activity initiated from within the safe zone; in my case, the phishing activity initiated within the Amazon site.

Todd