Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#365044 by Michelle Sat May 19, 2018 4:20 am

Hi,

My name is Sarah and I'm the owner of the 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited LJ . It has no damage, no scratches, dents or hidden defects. Everything works perfect, has only 60k miles, its automatic, with an 4.0 L Inline 6 Cyl engine. Title is clear, without liens or loans on it, under my name. The vehicle belonged to my father who recently passed away. I have no use of it and it’s been in the garage for the past month,so I only want $5,000 for it. Right now I've return to my base in Springfield, MO, because in two weeks we leave for duty. Due to the training I can’t leave the base to meet you and close the deal so I’ve decided to use DDM Quality Shipping and left the vehicle in their possession. Since it’s such a large transaction we need a reliable company to help us, I think DDM Quality Shipping is the best. The best part about this is that you'll get 5 days for inspection for free with no further obligation or fees to decide. The funds will be placed on hold into an DDM Quality Shipping secure account, so you can physically see the vehicle before I will receive any money.To receive the details from DDM Quality Shipping I only need your name, your phone number and a shipping address. If you have any questions, please reply to this email.

Thanks!

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#372138 by wrlee Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:07 pm
I left a message with a person about a truck on craigslist via their phone number 425-341-3339. I got a text from 937-453-8008 telling me to contact his sister, Sarah Newton a that [email protected] email address. I got a similar sob-story about how the truck belonged to her husband who died of a heart attack and she is anxious to get rid of it. She says she is in Omaha to "pick up the pieces". And that I should send her my full name, address, zipcode, and phone number so that she can submit to eBay to let them know that someone is interested and to handle the transaction. (I'll try to post the email's literal text, later). I responded to the email to find out where the car is. I might try to ensnare them in a counter-scam of my own.

I knew the car was too good a deal to be true. I am glad I looked up the email address and found this site.

Who should I report them to?