Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#367505 by Michelle Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:39 am
scott may <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for your response, I am really interested in the immediate
> purchase , what's the last Price for it? and if you have more, what is
> the price you want for everything

"scott may" <[email protected]>

Okay I'm satisfied with the the price ? i will like to pay from my paypal account to your bank account or you paypal account I need to let you know that i have a private shipper coming for the pick up as soon as the payment has been complete and approved so i will need your payment details

Account Name:
Swift code:
IBAN:
Price
Phone number:
Home Address:

OR

Your PayPal e-Mail Address :
Your Full Name:

Soon as i make the payment and you get the funds, the Courier Service will come for the pick up at your home at your convenient time.

Have a nice day.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#373120 by Michelle Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:20 am
SABINE sara Shuster <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello
The transfer has been completed.Please check your in-box or junk for payment Confirmation. I am sure you must have see the email from PayPal with the confirmation email that the payment has been made,a total of €610.00 EUR was sent €280.00 EUR for the Item Purchased and the extra €300.00 EUR for the shipping charges and am sure you notice that,which you will be sending €300.00 EUR to the address below via Western Union also while the remain €30.00 EUR is for the Western Union transfer Fee.

First Name: Eric
Last Name: Jordan

Address: Sokak 2144 cad 19
City: Istanbul
Zip Code: 34000

You will go ahead now ad send the agent money as soon as possible and send the Western Union receipt or the information you got from the Western Union to paypal by replying to the message you received from them and as soon as they verify the Western Union details valid, all your funds will clear and activated into your account

#374335 by Mike Wilson Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:47 am
Von: "Katja sabine" <[email protected]>

Ich bin ziemlich zufrieden mit dem Zustand und dem Preis. Ich muss Sie wissen lassen, dass der Spediteur zur Abholung kommt, sobald die Zahlung abgeschlossen und von PayPal genehmigt wurde. Der Spediteur wird mir helfen, mit allen anderen notwendigen Details fertig zu werden, um den Deal abzuschließen Sie kommen zu Ihrer Hausadresse für die Abholung.

So werde ich ohne Verzögerung sofort in Ihr PayPal-Konto einzahlen ... daher möchte ich, dass Sie mit Ihren Zahlungsdetails zurückkommen:

Dein Name:
SWIFT-Code :
IBAN:
Preis:
Deine Adresse:

ODER

Ihre PayPal E-Mail Adresse:
Ihr vollständiger Name:
Preis:
Deine Adresse:

Sobald ich die Details erhalten habe, werde ich mit der Zahlung fortfahren Ich hoffe, wir können den Kauf so schnell wie möglich machen und dann werde ich meine Speditionsfirma kontaktieren, nachdem Sie die Zahlung bekommen haben. Ich benötige Ihre Privatadresse, damit die Ware von der Reederei abgeholt werden kann.

Sie können mir auf Englisch antworten, wenn Sie es verstehen, bevorzuge ich es

Machine translated.
I'm pretty happy with the condition and the price. I need to let you know that the freight forwarder will be picked up once the payment has been completed and approved by PayPal. The forwarder will help me cope with all the other necessary details to complete the deal. You will come to your home address for pickup.

So I will immediately deposit into your PayPal account without delay ... so I want you to come back with your payment details:

Your name:
SWIFT code:
IBAN:
Price:
Your address:

OR

Your PayPal E-Mail Address:
Your complete name:
Price:
Your address:

Once I receive the details, I will proceed with the payment. I hope we can make the purchase as soon as possible and then I will contact my shipping company after you have received the payment. I need your private address so that the goods can be picked up by the shipping company.

You can answer me in English, if you understand it, I prefer it

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#391361 by Giulia123 Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:27 pm
BARBARA BEICH

Okay I'm satisfied with the the price ? i will like to pay from my paypal account to your bank account or you paypal account I need to let you know that i have a private shipper coming for the pick up as soon as the payment has been complete and approved so i will need your payment details

Name:
Account number:
iban
price
Phone (WhatsApp) number:
Home Address:

OR

Your PayPal e-Mail Address :
Your Full Name:
Phone (WhatsApp) number:

Soon as i make the payment and you get the funds, the Courier Service will come for the pick up at your home at your convenient time.

Have a nice day.

So, here's the thing. I'm 18 and selling my childhood bedroom on Ebay, for a lot of money because it was veryyyy expensive and not from Ikea. And suddenly I get a message by a phone number that was already sketchy because it was only 4 digits, smth. like 7785 or so. In there it said that i should get back to "Barbara" via mail. So I did.
She sent me all those emails saying she is interested and the price is fine with her.

NOW the second sketchy thing. She asks me if i have more??? Like? No. It's Ebay wth ? But i answer her anyways saying I only have the items listed.

Third!!!! sketchy thing she suddenly starts to write her mails in english. I'm German. So i thought, well maybe she lives here and is from another country who knows and who cares I just wanna sell my stuff. Anyways.

I answer her in english because I wanna make it easier for her and I obviously don't find it difficult to communicate through another language.

Then the next thing was this mail above. she wants my payment details. This is where she got rude and impatient up until now very very polite.
I told her my mail was kinda funky that day (probably had to do something with her now that I think about it) and she tells me "JUST SEND PAYMENT DETAILS!!" like very rude, i was never yelled at via mail...
so I say alright I will try again, and then this mail gets through:

Paypal blah blah blah, the transaction by Barbara Bleich 1650€ etc. etc.

So I think to myself, WHY does she send me 400€ too much? And what is going on anyways? So I check on my account and there was no money issued, duh. But in the email it said to be aware that the money will only be transferred once i made the payment towards the bank account of her "Pick up service" she earlier told me that she has someone who will pick it up.

I asked her how I would know when they would pick up the stuff and if she wanted me to dismantle the furniture. I also told her I would make the transaction in the morning. THIS is the answer i got:

ONCE YOU MAKE THE PAYMENT and get back to me with the receipt then we will choose a date for the pick up.. you can send the payment via Ebanking online

After her being so rude again and thinking that everything seemed sketchy to me I started my research.

I googled the PayPal email address ([email protected]) and immediately saw that it was a scam. Than I landed here because I googled her email address as well.

Honestly I should have noticed sooner but what can I say? I was naive and wanted to sell my stuff asap. So, that's never going to happen again. If you sell something via Ebay, don't let them trick you into doing it without the safety of Ebay to assure seller and buyer rights.

I hope I could help someone in the same situation as me.