Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#48732 by Hellchambers Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:31 pm
Hey I'm new here so forgive if I posted this in the wrong place.

I recently listed my car on carsguide.com.au
Australiancarsales.com and gumtree. The first 4 emails that replied to my advertisement were a bit iffy.
Three were scammers for sure and I suspect the fourth to be since he stopped contacting me when I said I will
Not accept paypal and that the buyer is to pick it up not a travel agent.
Here are the emails just incase these pricks try to use them elsewhere.

[email protected] George Simpson
[email protected] Not in uk
[email protected] Nelly park
[email protected] Jon vizer stopped contact once I said no to paypal.

The biggest give aways these scumbags put out there are
1) always request paypal
2) more often than not they have to send there travel agent to pick the vehicle up.
3) always in a different state or working just offshore on a oil rig or something.
4) can only communicate through email.
5) all sound the same (same style of writing/ explain thing the same way etc)
6) most of my encounters offered more than I was asking.

I got a message bout my cars just a few hours ago that I suspect due to having complete interest in buying the cars that he hasn't seen and asking the price which is stated clearly on the website. But don't feel right posting him up until I know 100% that he's fake and not just stupid. I would love to screw with them but my real name an phone number is viewable so that sucks.

Just search the location for Internet IP: 203.176.97.202 which was attached to [email protected] and found that it was sent from a computer in my area. Not surprising that it would be in victoris to be honest.
Advertisement

#48761 by Hellchambers Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:46 am
Just had a couple more of these Parasites contact me bout the supra's.

[email protected]
And
[email protected]

Called "Samson brad" out by telling him the cars arnt for sale to scammers
And told mark louis that his name sounded very familiar.
Havnt heard from either since.

Thinking bout placing a false ad on one of these free sites to bait some of these turds. Use all fake details and pictures. Hell I could write "this advertisement is fake" in the description so the honest ones know. the scammers don't tend to read anything in the ad apart from contact this seller anyway.
#48763 by Hellchambers Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:42 am
Well hopefully I can waste there time and save someone who is uneducated to these criminals alot of money.
Just placed a false ad to bait them with but also hid a message in hope that honest buyers will see it.

MR2 must go.

Red exterior, black interior, no head unit, AD includes
extras, motor is sound, 180,000km, this IS a great buy,
power steering, I apologize now for the FAKE bonnet pins
(not in picture) as I do regret putting them on.
Please before you get too interested,
read this description very carefully
as this ad is directed at a specific type of buyer.

These guys have wasted my time while I'm trying to sell my car so I will return the favor.
#48780 by Bubbles Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:29 am
I recommend you visit our sister site www.419eater.com to learn how to bait scammers safely. We do not support that here because educating, supporting and warning of scams is what we do here.

Please go to Eater and learn to be safe wasting their time. Thank you for your participation here. :D

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#49792 by gusluv Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:22 pm
OMGOSH!!

Thank you sooo much for putting this blog up..i am right ATM in talks with [email protected]..Thank goodness i always 'Sherlock Holmes' investigate things..lol..looked up the email in google and led me to this..trying to sell my car too and had another scam [email protected] and [email protected]..this is such a great website!! thanks heaps!
#49810 by Bubbles Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:49 am
We are pleased that you found us gusluv and it is great that you so your research which brought you here. We are so pleased that what we do is helpful!

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#51766 by Ophelia Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:26 pm
Thankfully, this site exsists! I had some dodgy exchanges with 3 'different' people interested in purchasing my car (from auto trader site), who all had a very poor grasp of english (spelling and grammar) and had no interest in knowing anything about the car - but insisited on buying it immediatley, using: "As for the payment..i will be paying you via the fastest and secure way to pay online(PayPal)." Needless to say, I finally got his information:
Steve Mike
51 East St, Gatton,
Queensland,
4343 Australia
plugged it into Google and up sprang your site!

I'm in Canada (and have reported the scam) but the scammer is using the names Dean Harry and Juliet Caasey as well.
Cheers!