Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#374573 by tbruns Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:52 pm
Craigslist auto sale scam:
I texted the contact number that was posted on Craigslist. I received a text directing me to email his "mother" at '[email protected]', which I did. Oddly, the response came from 'Denise Herrera' <[email protected]>

1st email response:
Hello,
My name is Denise, and I'm emailing you about 2006 Toyota Camry 4-door X-LE SEDAN 6 cylinder. This Camry was purchased new with only 1 owner and has a clean and clear title,mileage 117,370. The interior has leather seats without stains or rips. It has tinted windows and a sunroof. It is Sirius XM ready.The current set of Michelin tires are in great condition.The price was reduced at $1,200 because I'm in a hurry to find a buyer. I need to sell the car before the 4th of the next month, when I will be leaving on military duty with my medical team out of the country for a year and do not want to store my car. Hate to sell it but its not worth keeping insurance and paying storage fees for a year. If you interested I can send you pics.
Thank you

Upon further inquiry, I received this response:
Hi again, as I've told you in my first e-mail, I'm in the army with my military medical team and right now I am in a military base. We are training, getting ready for leaving the country. Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with eBay services so my presence isn't necessary. The delivery process will be managed by me. I think I can have it there at your home address within 2-3 working days. It will come with a clear title and reg. You will have 5 days to test and inspect the car prior to make any purchase. During that 5 days testing period I will not be getting any money. I need to know if you are interested so I can ask eBay to send you the details on this deal. If interested please include in your next email your contact info for eBay (full name, shipping address and email address), so we can get the ball rolling.
Here you have more pics with the car attached .Looking forward to hear from you!

I've made no further contact.
Advertisement