Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#49075 by Con Warner Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:01 am
This website is appears fraudulant!
If you are the owner of this site and can prove otherwise, please contact me via the email address at the bottom of my post.

Brico House Ltd. is not registered as a company with companies house in the UK.

Since its beginning, Brico House has rapidly grown to become one of the most popular Online Mobile Phones Distributor

The website is registered in the Netherlands and was only set up on February 26th 2011. To become one of the most popular distributors in that time frame would be impossible!

The telephone number (+44 191 406 0649 / 0191 4060649) is a redirect number which goes to a voicemail. Although they state that payment can be made via paypal, the emails from Robert Becket state that they only accept bank to bank transfer. "Credit card details can only be accepted through a third party clearing house thus delaying your order". "We're sorry but paypal is no longer accepted due to complaints made out to our company for the delays in ordering when using this payment method."
They don't accept cheques either.

This site asks for your personal details as well as a password which I believe is for phishing purposes.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#49403 by Con Warner Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:08 am
As this is currently ongoing, I do not wish to post details of the victims that are contacting me including what they have paid for purchases but my email box is getting a liitle busy about this one.
My advice is to steer clear and don't be tempted to pay these people.

#49460 by Michael Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:24 am
I am collecting information and proof on this site right now to get them shut down. If you want to share your story or send email evidence please contact me using my email adress below :)

This also goes for general enquiries related to this site- please use my adress.

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored
#49737 by deborajim Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:34 am
if u contact apple they will confirm that they do not deal with brico house and the prices offered would not be possible . also address is fake and they will not accept your collecting of goods,so come on IT IS A FAKE NO DOUBTS ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :evil: :twisted: : :yikes:
#49745 by GomerPyle Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:26 am
http://www.bricohouse.co.uk/info.php?conditions

An idiot who can build a website - is still just an idiot. :lol:

Any legal action brought against Brico House ("Brico House Ltd.") shall be governed by the laws of the State of London without regard to its conflict of law principles.

A unique legal jurisdiction clause - beyond laughable. :lol:

London isn't a state to begin with and doesn't have its own separate and unique legal code. If it had said 'Camelot' :wink: it would have made more sense.

The genius who made this up from his own inadequate brain would be a genius among meerkats.

......without regard to its conflict of law principles.

Conflicting with what ? It appears to be proposing the application of the legal code of a fictitious entity whose law is pre-supposed to be contrary to natural law, and by suggesting that such law is flawed it immediately provides grounds on which to challenge it.

I think that this website builder thinks he's a bit of barrister too. :D If he'd been to school he'd know better.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#49747 by GomerPyle Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:42 am
When you go through the tedious ordering process they can't/won't accept a card, which is normally because they aren't a company and don't have the required facility to handle cards which they claim to have on the website.

It's possible that they don't have a bank account either and will ask for payment to be sent by Western Union/MoneyGram to a private individual (scammer).

Payment Method

This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order.
Bank Transfer T/T ( Please contact us for payment details )

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#59304 by Con Warner Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:16 am
The address Domohouse.co.uk claim to be trading from has been visited by one of our volunteers and Domohouse do not exist there.
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
7 Lisle St., NE1 7DE
United Kingdom

The telephone number is a redirect number
+44 1916 45 20 19

Domohouse are now asking for payment with the bank account below:

Bank Name: Halifax
Halifax Commercial Street Branch
P O Box 4 Standing Bldgs
Commercial St
HALIFAX
West Yorkshire HX1 1Bh
Sort Code: 11-00-01
Account No: 05948759
IBAN: GB04HLFX11000105948759
BIC: HLFXGB21F08

#59403 by knino8812 Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:31 pm
Hi,
I just have payed them by bank transfer, is there anything i can do, i have not read this forum, and i would like to say that on a alibaba forum there was people saying they got their stuff, I am very worried after read this forum, is alibaba and pages like that leting people to steal?, best regards and hope anyone has this troubles.
#59427 by Bubbles Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:20 am
Contact the bank immediately and tell them the situation. Take copies of emails with you. They may be able to cancel the wire transfer as they usually do not occur immediately.

If it was by Western Union, contact them right away too by telephone. Have all of your information with you.

Let us know how this works out.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#59463 by knino8812 Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:16 pm
Hi,
thank you for your help, i could cancell payment on time, this is what he told me when i canceled:

Hello Joan,

Who is this partner and on what bases can he say our address is wrong ?
How can he proove that ? We don't operate as a cash & carry, we are a
wholesaler and we work only by carrier. Please let me know if you want to
go forward with your order. Awaiting your reply.

Regards,
Daniel Watson
Sales Dept.

I really apretiate your help, you save me 1300 USD, i will be more carefull in future.