Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#376679 by slniecko Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:07 am
Hello,

I was selling one thing and one lady had interest. Then she was supposed to send me money and after I get money I was supposed to send her product. But she sent me this email where she is saying that she ,,sent" that money but it´s waiting for proccesing, that after I send that product that money will be sent to me, after I give her some ,,shipment receipt". I´m not sure about this, it seems suspisious. After I refused to sent that shipment information I got already another emal about FBI and that lady said that Im gonna have a big problem.
Please, can you check it?
This is that email:

Dear Valued Customer XXX,

We have confirm you are the one delaying Shipment and we promise to take a legal step we have all your data on our system we give you just 24 hours to complete the shipment . We therefore implore you to comply and send the shipment to the address given to you, we gave you in our confirmation email and send Photo of the Shipment Receipt to us, we will automatically credit the amount into your account without any delay Today.

Payment is overdue and that legal action will commence within today if you don't comply with us.

You have within today to comply otherwise we are going to report you to the International Police (INTERPOL) and Federal Bureau of Intelligence (FBI) you know we have your full contact and the internal police to figure you out and hand you over to the Federal Bureau of Intelligence (FBI) Agency for proper prosecution.

Smile Bank cares about our customers, there associates and partners so much so we do not want you to have any problem with the International Police, this is why we are still taking it easy with you. Do comply with us and send the necessary Payment details to complete the transaction.

Your monthly account statement is available any time; To correct any errors about this payment, please contact our Payment Help Center through this email.

Please, If you need to ask a question or help, Reply to this email. This mailbox is monitored and you will receive a response. For assistance once we got your mail.

Payment Pending. Shipment Receipt Details required for verification.

NOTE: WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST YOU NOT FOLLOWING OUR BANK'S POLICY AND NOT MAKING THE SHIPMENT TO THE DESIRED ADDRESS AND IF NO RESPONSE IS RECEIVED FROM YOU WITHIN THE NEXT 24-48 HOURS.

Thank you for using Smile Bank® Online Secure Banking System (Wire Transfer)®.
Our mission is to serve you in every way we can - by first understanding your most important goals and objectives.
Sincerely,
Smile Bank®
Online Wire Transfer System
=======================
REF. Number: XXX
Sincerely.

And this email I got before from that lady:

I have made the payment of the money to you Bank Account and you
should have get the payment confirmation from Bank so, all you need to
do now is for you to proceed with the shipment of the item via DHL
Express / POST OFFICE URGENT OR EXPRESS DELIVERY to the address below:

Name: Akin Lolu S
Address: Flat 17 Coniston Avenue Essex
City:London
Postal code: RM19 1PG (Purfleet)
Tel: +448709457900

Make sure you proceed with the shipment as soon as possible so, for
the activation of the money to be transfer to your Bank Account ...

NOTE:Import duties and local taxes is been paid on item to London so,
for my daughter not to pay huge custom fee , you need to declare a low
value price I,E (50 EUR) should put write on the shipment receipt at
the post office. Do you understand?

wait for your quick mail...
Last edited by AlanJones on Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Removed personal details and added quotes for clarity
Advertisement

#376680 by AlanJones Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:22 am
It's a scam. Banks do not hold on to people's money pending confirmation of shipments.

The best thing to do is block all of the scammer's email addresses and stop responding. Do not accuse them of being scammers, they will just try to deny it.

Please post all of the email addresses that the scammers are using as their other victims may be searching for them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#376687 by AlanJones Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:19 am
Thanks for the email addresses.

smilehelpfulservice.com is a fake domain that was anonymously registered by the scammers at the start of the year.

The scammers may try to contact you claiming to be the FBI, just ignore them. The real FBI would not get involved in such things and wouldn't be emailing you in any case.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.