Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#385453 by AlanJones Thu May 09, 2019 11:41 pm

Hello XXX,
I am the seller of the 2008 Volkswagen T5 Transporter campervan with awning included. I am very glad that you are interested to buy my motorhome.Actual asking price is £5,300.Current mileage is 123,000. MOT valid until 20 January 2020.
The motorhome is still there, I have the V5 document present in my name, current MOT certificate and a full service history.
See all pictures attached.
Regards,

Barry John Richards

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#385454 by AlanJones Thu May 09, 2019 11:41 pm

Hi,
Would it not be possible to email me, I have given my number only to be inundated with text messages and phone calls. Since I am in the Isle of Man there are only 2 ways to do this sale:

* The first option is to use a transport company that deals with the transaction, van and the money as escrow. I travel for my work and I do not have time to bring the van and I think your free time is limited too, so this is the perfect way to make things easier, fast and safe for both of us. I will pay the company, so you will not pay extra money then the van price. You will get the van to your home address, and you can check the van before making the final decision. I think this is the perfect way for us.

* The second option is by using PayPal pay after delivery service: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/p ... very-terms

Please let me know how you want to continue with this transaction and I will provide more details.
Regards,

Barry John Richards

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#386542 by Binkerton Fri May 24, 2019 6:02 pm
I got some emails from this guy regarding a Mitsubishi Outlander. See texts below.

On 21/05/2019 23:41, Barry Richards wrote:
> Hi,
> It has to go due to lack of use, there are no hidden issues. No damage history. Since I am in the Isle of Man there are only 2 ways to do this sale:
>
> * The first option is to use a transport company that deals with the transaction, vehicle and the money as escrow. I travel for my work and I do not have time to bring the vehicle and I think your free time is limited too, so this is the perfect way to make things easier, fast and safe for both of us. I will pay the company, so you will not pay extra money then the vehicle price. You will get the vehicle to your home address, and you can check the vehicle before making the final decision. I think this is the perfect way for us.
>
> * The second option is by using PayPal pay after delivery service: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/p ... very-terms
>
> Please let me know how you want to continue with this transaction and I will provide more details.
> Regards,
> Barry John Richards

and

On 21/05/2019 23:21, Barry Richards wrote:
> Hello,
> I am the seller of the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlender. I am very glad that you are interested to buy my car. Actual asking price is ??8100.
> The car is still there, I have the V5 document present in my name, current MOT certificate and a full service history. Current mileage is 33500.
> See all pictures attached.
> Regards,
> Barry John Richards