Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#50603 by Ryan Hains Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:29 pm
lise janeee [email protected]

[email protected]

Craigslist scammer actually wants your merchandise

The scammer sends very elaborate and convincing mails with Paypal Logo's.

The Scammer will send email that appears to be from Paypal asking you to send a shipping number before your funds can be released to your Paypal account.

To: "[email protected]"
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 07:58:20 +1000
Subject: Re: IBM 600E thinkpad laptop - $130
Hi seller,

Nice thanks for your fast response i am happy to purchase this
item for my son, who is currently working in the Oilfield west
Africa, for a birthday Gift and i will also be paying you $230 for the
item and shipping cost Via USPS *EMS* Express Mail International i will be
paying you through the best way to pay online PayPal Kindly get
back to me with your paypal email address so i can make the payment now
hope to hear back from you ASAP.
Thanks
Best Regards.

In this case the scammer is using a free mail.com address to pose as Paypal.The scammer also sends the address where the victim should send his merchandise.

To: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 15:40:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Notification of an Instant Payment Received from Lise janeee ([email protected])

PayPal

Dear [email protected],

You have an Instant Payment of USD $230.00 from
Lise janeee ([email protected])

Payment Details

Purchased From:[email protected],
Transaction ID : 3W492537HE3468708

IBM 600E thinkpad laptop
$230.00
USD $230.00

Shipping & Handling via to USPS PRIORITY REGISTERED MAIL 3-4 Days Delivery to 23401 :-
(includes any seller handling fees)
$00.00

Delivery Information
Address:
Wisdom O
24,Apesin Street
Mushin
Lagos
Nigeria.
Address Status: Confirmed

Important Note: This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED"but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller.
Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited.
Send tracking number to us or email us through this mail [email protected] and our customer service care will attend to you. As soon as you send us the shipment's tracking number to us for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller,the money will be credited to your account.
**PLEASE NOTE**
Once item has been shipped and the tracking number sent to us,
You will receive a "CONFIRMATION EMAIL" from PayPal® Team informing you that the Fund has been credited
Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Paypal will never hold a sellers money until a shipping receipt has been provided.

Once you have shipped your merchandise, it it very hard to stop and retrieve it.

Sellers should always personally verify payment before shipping merchandise.

Advertisement

#133227 by mybiscuit Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:59 pm
I have a new email doing the same thing. I actually kinda messed with the person, asking for the address for her son so I can give her a better price than what she wanted to overpay. They were still adamant on getting the paypal info sent to them asap to send the money.

The thing is, I am not new to selling. The money won't be held unless the money isn't available. I always check my account too after an email saying money was sent. I don't trust any email anymore!