Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#50668 by alrokayan Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:45 pm
I didn't expect to see professional scammers that good, ECTops.com (trading as “KONO Trade”) is very professional with their scam ..

Firstly, they said that they don't accept PayPal anymore, they said PayPal is trouble! What dose that means? that means that they can't approve them self to PayPal, and they didn't pass PayPal verification process ..

Secondly, they won't ship the 1st order via DHL .. they always ship the 1st order via EMS, because it takes longer time to be delivered!! Not just that, they sent me a tracking number, it shows that this package has been delivered. It is supposed to be shipped from China to Melbourne, Australia. When I went to the Australian Post tracking page (http://auspost.com.au/track/track.html) it showed that it has been shipped .. But it hasn’t been received yet!! In this case, we believe, they ship a package containing “whatsoever” and send it out just give the customers a track number so they believe there is something coming on its way!

In the mean while I placed 3 more orders, and I asked for DHL instead of EMS, they agreed with a FREE DHL shipping, plus a 7% discount!!

As soon as I sent the money via Western Union, they stopped replying to me, and stopped chatting with me for around 2 days. After 2 days they said you have to contact their “shipping man” or sometime they address him as “after-sale department”.

Thirdly, they uses @hotmail and @gmail email address, not @ectops.com or @apple2002.com.

What is Apple2002.com ?
Apple2002.com is the company website (KONO Trade), and it is a scam too, because on top of the above mentioned reasons, I called “New Town Plaza” shopping center, which where they said that they have their physical location at(see this page: http://www.apple2002.com/contact-us), the shopping center information desk said that they don’t have such a store in that name, and what’s on this adress “Shatin Shop 619, Level 6” is Bose store not KONO!!

Fourthly, the two phone numbers (the one for ectops.com and for apple2002.com) are mobile phone numbers (I used this site to check: http://www.numberingplans.com//?page=an ... ub=phonenr).

Fifthly, they don’t have business number nor business profile.

Sixthly, their prices are VERY low.

Seventhly, they don’t sell their goods on eBay. With this low prices for the iPhone 4 and the iPad2, they can add $100 on top of their prices and sell it immediately with tens or hundreds of orders per day.

Finally, we all know that trade-whole.com is a scam, and it is very obvious that trade-whole.com and ECTops.com are using the same CRM and e-Commence system but by different themes.

Now it’s been more than 2 weeks and they (Steven and Brian) keep telling me that you have to contact Garnett (thier "shipping man" AKA "after-sale department"), and he keeps ignoring me.
Advertisement

#50702 by GomerPyle Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:05 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners alrokayan.

It won't help you now but if you used Western Union you can't have paid the money to a company. Western Union only handle payments to private individuals and can't handle payments to companies. The website shows a bank logo and bearing in mind what they say below it would be ridiculous to believe that they don't have a bank account.

ectops.com is an international computer and gadget online shop offering a convenient and secure e-shopping for only the finest goods and services of the most famous brands as well as exclusives. Its product range encompasses IT-related products, consumer electronics and gadgets in all price categories to consumers and small businesses aiming to operate the business-to-customer transactions with overseas consumers.........

ectops.com belongs to and managed by KONO TRADE CO.,Ltd,

If you believe you are dealing with a company then you must NEVER pay money to a private individual for their goods and services unless there is a very good reason (and I can't think of one).

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer