Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#51201 by rampage Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:26 pm
You may get stuff in your email that looks like this. These link actually will take you to log in screens and once you put your email and pass word in to log into your CL account, now they have your info. The second email is the same stratagy but they want you to believe somthing you posted has been flagged for removal. Sorry if all this has been covered already, just wanted to help out. I am on CL all the time and I am getting pretty good and spotting spammers and scammers in there. One easy rule is.....if you get a responce in your email and they are interested in your Advert..its a scam. Anytime that word is used its a scam. :beer:

We've received your request to reset the password for your craigslist user account. However, we weren't able to locate an account associated with your email.

Information about creating and using accounts can be found here:

Removed live links.

If you are trying to edit or remove an existing post, you can use the edit/delete link that was originally used to publish the ad. Requests for a new edit/delete link can be submitted here:

Removed live links.

If you received this email in error, please disregard this message.

Thanks for using craigslist!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

flagged & removed 169808953Monday, April 11, 2011 9:40 AM
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>Add sender to ContactsTo: undisclosed-recipientsYour posting has been flagged for removal.

Approximately 98% of postings removed are in violation of craigslist posting guidelines.

Please make sure you are abiding by all posted site rules, including our terms of use:

Removed live links.

If you need help figuring out why your posting was flagged, try asking in our flag help forum. Include posting title, body, category, etc.

If you feel your posting was wrongly flagged down (2% of flagged ads are) please accept our apologies and feel free to repost using the link below:

Removed live links.

Sorry for the hassle, and thanks for your understanding.

Mod Note: I removed live links until clarification and requested screen shots in place of links. ~Bubbles
Advertisement