Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#52016 by CrazyBux Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:55 pm
If it is too good to be true...it is a scam!!!!!

Received from : Richard And Brenda Nagel [mailto:[email protected]]
(I reported the scam to hotmail)

Here are emails from the scammers after inquiring about a very cheap tractor:

Hi I’m Richard, thank you for your interest in buying my tractor. The total price for my 2008 John Deere 3520 Tractor is $2,700. The tractor has only 116 hours. It was my father's but unfortunately he can't use it anymore as he died 3 month ago. I wanted to keep the tractor but I need cash money to pay the mortgage on my house and during this financial crisis you can't sell anything for its real value.
So if you are interested please email me back so I can explain to you how the transaction will work.

P.S: Here are some specs and photos with my tractor: https://picasaweb.google.com/1120347745 ... 20Tractor#

2008 John Deere 3520
Make: John Deere
Color: Green/Yellow
Fuel: Diesel
Model Year: 2008
Engine HP: 38
Hours: 116
Vehicle Description
Comes with 5ft front loader
Box blade
5ft brush hog and backhoe attachment 20" also the three point attachment for brush hog and box blade
All were bought at the same time as a package deal in 2008 from John Deere dealer ship
38 hp 4x4 well taken care of. Has 3 gears
A for getting down the road, B for mild load, and C for the most torque
Automatic Transmission with a forward pedal and a reverse pedal when released the tractor stops
Both on right side
Brakes are on left side. Has all lights, blinkers, hazards, headlights, brake lights
It is a workhorse that is able to get a lot done in a short period of time with just a 38hp diesel
This tractor is amazing.
Perfect Condition - Very LOW Hours

Thanks.

and here is how the transaction works:

The tractor is already at a shipping company in Syracuse, NY. I took the tractor there to be able to ship them to a potential buyer because I was recently awarded a position in an engineering department working in Ontario, Canada that will be effective until June or July of 2015. I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period in Canada will be for about 5 years, and I don't need the tractor anymore. My brother in law works at this shipping company, and he promised me that it will cost me or you nothing to deliver in all US states. The tractor is listed on eBay and that lets me use their secured system. According to eBay you will have 5 days from the time you receive the tractor to inspect them and decide if you want to keep them or not. The total amount that you will have to pay for it will be $2,700. I also want to inform you that I am entertaining another 2 offers for it at this moment so please let me know your decision as soon as possible to know what to do. One of them is waiting for a loan and will get in touch with me tomorrow if he can buy it or not and the other one have only $2,600 to buy it. So if you really want the tractor let me know your full name, full shipping address, mobile phone number and I will forward all your details to eBay, my eBay agent will send you and invoice for this transaction. Thank you

P.S
Have you cell phone available you will receive a text messages from eBay on your mobile!
Advertisement