Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#6306 by Ralph Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:05 am
This scammer will pick his victims from the auction sites, he will send you messages saying he wants the item and will be paying by PayPal, he will try and get you to send the goods straight away claiming he is in a hurry to get the item, he will tell you he will pay extra for you to organise the shipping and include that in his payment as shown in this email, the below example refers to loot.com but he will also trawl other auction sites

I am here to let you know that i saw your lovly item on http://www.loot.com so i am so much intrested in buy this to my store in west african ...so i will like to pay you through http://www.paypal.com so i want you to get back to me with the shipment cost to nigeria Via DHL EXPRESS and your paypal email address,Total amount....so that i can proccess the payment immediately. SHIPMENT ADDRESS BELOW ADEO JOHN 11 EYIOWUAWI STREET IFAKO IJAIYE AGEGE
LAGOS STATE
NIGERIA
SO I WANT YOU TO KINDLY GET BACK TO ME IMEMDIOATELY FOR THE PAYMENT TO BE MAIL OUT ONTIME.

Then he will tell you that payment has gone through, assuring you that the reason why you cant see a record of the payment is a problem with PayPal and he will ask you to contact them with the below email

Good Day! My Friend I just want to let you know paypal contact me and let me know that your funds has been approved and all you just need to do right now is to get the item ship out to the address given to you on payment list and get back to them with the shipment tracking number you will be given at DHL for verification...i really need the item urgent that is why i made the payment fast and the have debited my account and let me know that your accont is just ben pending and before it can be clear your will need to confirm the shipment to them for verify. PAYPAL CUSTOMER CARE EMAIL ADDRESS : [email protected] kindly get back to me. business is all about trust. Miss Lizzy.

[email protected] is another email address used by the same scammer

I will point out that the email address listed in that email is a free email address provided by Mail.com, anybody can get an email address like that one in much the same way you can get your @yahoo.com email address, you can also get, @lawyer.com, @banker.com or @accountant.com just to name a few

The same scammer will then write to you pretending to be a PayPal employee and send the below email, it will include the logos and look quite legitimate on first appearance but take a closer look :wink:

*** Funds in Progress Notification***

Dear PayPal Customer,

We are using this medium to inform you that our client xxxxxxxx ,has contacted us in respect of your money for the package bought from you and the money is right now on our Desk ready to be transfer into your Personal PayPal Account and the payment has been made to us by our client, but has not been reflected on your Personal PayPal Account ,We want you to know that the payment has been 100% approved off and is waiting for being transfer into your Personal PayPal Account as soon as we are able to received the shipment tracking number on ROYAL MAIL SIGN FOR INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY website..... for the verification of the shipment,Your ACCOUNT Account Information.So that we can transfer the money immediately

Moreover we want you to know that the money has been deducted from the Personal Account of the Buyer and it will be transfer into your Personal Account as soon as we received the shipment tracking number from you and we are doing this to prevent any Frudulent Activities between the Buyer and the Seller.

SHIPMENT ADDRESS:

NAME : Adelakun Poju
ADDRESS: 35 Idera Street
CITY: Oworonsoki Kosofe
STATE: Lagos State
ZIP-CODE: 23401

Thanks for your Co-operation,

Yours Sincerely,

100% of eBay sellers prefer
payments via PayPal

Thanks for using PayPal®. We are online to serve you Better We Look Forward to your Response if you.

Furthermore,the shipment reference number should not be sent to the buyer and it should be sent to us at ( [email protected] ) for more verification in order to credit your account.

Thank you.

Here is your new confirmation PayPal® Pin code :(C840-LC01-Q469-T1350) for you to know the processing of your money because we process millions of orders online,

All Rigth Reserved.
Advertisement