Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#6349 by kitjhanna Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:43 pm
I am not very familiar with how to use these type of sites, but I wish to warn people of this woman. She attempted to scam me with a US Certified Check, but I had a bad feeling about her so i stopped responding to her. I have all of her emails saved if thats any help. her email address is [email protected]
Advertisement

#6357 by Ralph Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:26 pm
Hi kitjhanna,

Welcome to Scamwarners.

Forums can be daunting places to those who are not used to them, dont be too worried, we wouldn't have a clue who you are so there is no need to be embarrassed if you happen to make a mistake, we all do from time to time.

Chances are that the person who tried to scam you was not a woman, odds are very much in favor of it being an African man pretending to be a woman, they often think it makes them more authentic looking.

Posting the details of the scam is a great way to warn others, if you could include those emails you recieved with any of your own details removed it will help those who may have the same person attempt to scam them.

Scammers, especially the Africans, are notoriously lazy and will normally use the same script over and over while occasionally changing email addresses, I have just done a search on the email address you supplied and nothing came up which is often a sign of a new email so posting it here may be the difference between somebody losing money or finding that they are being scammed.

While you here take a look around, there are many variations of scams that you can find examples of here and remember, if you have any questions just ask, we are only too happy to help out