Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#53426 by Con Warner Sun May 15, 2011 7:38 am
Date: 15 May 2011 11:11
Subject: Re: Reply to your "NEW Apple Macbook Pro 17 2011 2.2GHz quad core" Ad on Gumtree
To: Con Warner

Hey,

The macbook pro is under the 1 year factory warranty. This warranty can be extended by buying an apple care warranty for around the $200+ for three more years.
I still have the macbook pro. But the thing is that I'm in the Italy for my school (I have the machine with me).
I hope you are still interested and we can make the deal happen right away.
Obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.
I have found a way for us to complete the deal fast (3 days) and easy. The solution is a
worldwide delivery company called Auto Traslochi. Auto Traslochi is similar to FedEx, DHL or UPS and they will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the macbook pro.
With this procedure you will be able to check the macbook pro before I receive the payment.

Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the macbook pro right away.
Let me know what you think.

Thank you!
Mart

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or MoneyGram with a promise that he will send the goods through a courier company.
He will reinforce the request with a link to a fake courier company website. In this case, auto-traslochi-spa.com . Website reported. CW.

Sounds safe. It's not!

If payment is made and you release the details, they will collect the money.
There will be a request for more money due to things such as fake courier fees, taxes or insurance.

The goods will never arrive!

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement