Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#54230 by Justin Wed May 25, 2011 3:53 pm
This is a check scammer targeting Craigs list clasified posters. He will send you a fake check for over the amount of your item and ask you to Western Union the money.

Brain Nelson- [email protected]

Samantha [email protected] [email protected]

Nice Item on advertisement.. Please is it still available for purchase???

Thanks for the prompt response, I am quite satisfied with the condition .I am also interested and I will like to make an instant purchase, so kindly end the advert on Craigslist, I do not mind adding an extra $30 for you to close the advert on craigslist so that I can be rest assured that I am the prospective buyer, I would have loved to come take a look but I am a very busy man I am very sure you understand. I will also want you to know that I will be paying via Certified Check, and it will be sent to you via courier service due to the distance. You don't need to bother about the shipment, as that has been taken care of...... So I will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.
1. Full Name on the check
2. Address where payment will be sent to
3. City
4. State
5. Zip Code
6. Phone Number
Once again, I will like to remind you that you will not be responsible for shipping as I will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the check .
Have A Nice Day.

I am still interested in the item,but am a very busy person so please understand that i would have loved to come and check it out but my mover will be coming over for the pick-up as soon as you receive the check in 1-2 days so please kindly send your information for the mailing of the check asap..

Hello
Thanks for the email I have ordered my secretary to issue your payment immediately and this will take about 2 - 3 days to get to you via courier service so I will suggest you get back to me so as to notify that you have receive payment so that my shipper can come for pick up as soon as you have the check. I will be glad and thanks for your understanding.
Regards..

Hello ,
How are you doing? I want you to understand that the deal is on as my secretary has posted the payment already, but there was a slight error I guess can be handled with care. Instead of the actual amount for the item, she made out the check for $2330, she claimed that was what I requested but she didn't get that right. So once you have the check kindly deduct the money for the item. The excess funds should please be sent to my mover via Western Union Money Transfer as it would be used in offsetting the cost of the shipment the mover has undertaken for me recently.
********Please kindly email at once to let me know that I can trust you to have the excess funds sent to my mover**
Regards.

Advertisement

#57876 by stro77 Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:45 am
Thanks, just got an email from Samantha Freeman. Will be sure to cut this potential purchaser loose. Though I find insisting on cash payment and in-person item pickup is a pretty solid way to get rid of these people.

Manny Hopkins is also a name that I received email from, with the exact same email language as what you have typed for the scammers above.