Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#54366 by momzadiva Thu May 26, 2011 5:01 pm
Be careful when you buy jewelry on E-bay. More than once I have been scammed this way. The first time, I bought a supposed 925 sterling silver ring but when it came it was a cheap plated piece of crap. Next I bought what was supposed to be a 925 sterling silver cuff bracelet with amythyst, all the amythyst I have ever seen has been purple but this crap was red, and when I took it to a pawn shop they wouldn't take it because there was no 925 stamp on it. The 3rd and final thing was a supposed 925 sterling silver necklace, it did have 925 stamped on it but I suspect the only real silver was the clasp because when I tried to clean it with a baking soda paste as I do with all my silver jewelry, the damned thing turned an ugly bronze color but the clasp came out real shiny. Most fake jewelry will say "GP", Synthetic, or Lab created, but some just don't say any of that in the listing and you may not know it's fake right away so if you do buy jewelry on e-bay, then I suggest you take it to a pawn shop as soon as you get it to find out if it's real, that way if it's not then you can get a refund under ebay buyer protection.

I purchased what was supposed to be a Toshiba surround sound system, but when it came all it was was a subwoofer with 1 cord coming out of it that needed to be plugged into a receiver and 5 small speakers with no wires. I contacted the seller to ask where the receiver was and they told me they didn't have one but had tested the speakers.... Speakers alone do not constitute as a surround sound system. I then tried for 3 days to contact toshiba thinking maybe I could just buy a receiver, but I could never get a person on the phone. I called the first day and a recording told me they were having a training session to improve customer service and to call back the next day at 11am central time, well I called around 1pm the next day and the recording told me the same thing as the day before. Day 3 I call AGAIN and AGAIN same message plays, not only that, they no longer make surround sound systems so all you hear is press 1 for computers, press 2 for phones & faxes, press 3 for copiers.... Anytime you press a button it says to speak to customer service press 6, you press 6 and it gives you another number to call. You call that nuumber and here the same crap as the first number until they tell you to call yet another number so what happens when you call the next number?? You guessed it the same recorded bullshit. So after going around and around with toshiba and getting nowhere with the seller, I contacted e-bay and got a full refund plus they paid for the return shipping.Unfortunately I can't give the sellers names as they have all dissapeared from e-bay
Advertisement