Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#406547 by Peter Andersen Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:12 am
A regular scammer it seems. He contacted me, trying to buy a camera lens, from a online selling platform. He wrote he was from UK, and I have sold things to UK before so, well no problems as long as he pays in advance.

But he wanted to contact me over Whatsapp, not email. Hmm.. So I said he could contact me on Skype. I tried to make a online video chat with him, but impossible.

He should pay for the item, and he asked how much it would be in euro - because in UK they used euro.
Nope they use British pounds in UK :-) He didn't know that. When you are a scammer, its important that you know basic things about the country you are trying to scam from. Haha....

After that I was 100% sure it was a scam, so of cause I didn't do anything. I got an email from a "Santander Bank PLC.".... from a gmail account :-) that is stupid. About "Payment approved" and so on.

I should have known from the beginning, and I have been scammed from Nigerian scammers before.

So to everyone: Steven Gaukroger is back..... be careful. Now he is going to report me to "the nearest police". :o he wrote on Skype :-)

Peter
Advertisement

#406548 by AlanJones Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:13 am
Please help his other victims by posting the current contact details and those of the fake Santander bank.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.