Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#54959 by Michelle Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:59 am
Sent: 01 June 2011 14:08
To: Michelle Banks
Subject: Re: Reply to your ad: 2001 AUDI TT QUATTRO (180 BHP) SILVER

Hello,
My name is Williams Walle and I still have my Audi for sale at the price of £1800. The car is in excellent condition, garage kept and accident free. The mileage is real and I never had any problems with the engine. The car looks and works just perfect. It has 95000 miles, and it has 6 previous owners.I bought it from UK and it is still registered here. We live in the Northern part of United Kingdom, in a beautiful sea-side city called Thurso. History is available.We are a nice couple of pensioners (I have 62 and my beloved wife is 64 years old) and don't use the car so often. We love to spend our time on the road but now we travel by plane, so a car is no more useful for us. Also we sold our house and bought a big farm here in Thurso. If you are really interested we are ready to make a trip to England and meet you personally. You can take the car for a test-drive and any kind of inspection.
Please tell us where do you live? I am sure that we will find a nice city in England to arrange a meeting, a region acceptable for us and for you in the same time. We have the faith that this can be a good deal!

Thank you

Williams

P.S. For more pictures just ask me!!!!

Sent: 01 June 2011 14:13

Hi mate,

Thank you for your prompt response. As I told you the car is in perfect condition and has no technical problems. There are no visible scratches and no rust. I like to keep my car in excellent condition so I don't think you will find anything wrong with it.
The car is registered in UK and has valid plate numbers. It comes with MOT and Road Tax (valid till 04/2012). I have all the original papers including full service history.
As I've already told you we are in Thurso now (the car is here as well). If you are interested in a test-drive and a full inspection I am ready to meet you.

We can meet you next week Friday or Saturday morning in Preston. Let me know if you agree so I can start looking for a Hotel in the area.
Regards

Williams

Sent: 02 June 2011 13:37

Hello,

I am glad to inform you about the place for our meeting, at Holiday Inn Preston (Ringway, PR1 3AU Preston). I will arrive there on Friday evening and we will have our meeting on Saturday morning.
Before we come to Preston, we want to be sure that you will be there and we will not drive for nothing. ... There is a risk which we want to avoid. I spoke with my wife about this and we have a proposal for you. If you accept our proposal, we can come to the meeting as we agreed...

My wife will go tomorrow to the local Post Office. She will transfer £1800 to my name to UK, Preston. The transfer will be done by my wife to my name and I will take back the money from Post Office in Preston. As soon as the transfer is done, we will send you the transfer document. This will be our proof that we will come to Preston and meet you. We will have to take our money back, so we will have to come there.

The same thing we want from you. Your wife or a friend of yours can go to the Post Office in your city and transfer £1800 on your name to Preston using "eMoney Transfer Same Day Service". This is a service in the Post Office where you do not need a bank account. It is a transfer from a person to a person. The transfer is instant. You will take back the money from the Post Office in Preston at the moment when we meet. When the transfer is done, you must send us the transfer document as proof that you will come to Preston...

Please understand that I am not asking for an advance payment, the only one who can pick up the money from Preston is you.
This transfer will cost you about £40. As soon as we meet I will pay you back this money. It doesn't matter if you will decide to buy the car or not. This way you have nothing to lose.

We hope you understand our message and also we don't want to seem rude but it's a long way for a blind date. Please inform us about your decision.
Regards

Williams

Sent: 02 June 2011 15:51

Please call my son at the number 07924580077(Daniel) because i have a speech impediment( I'm mute) and i can't talk at the phone or you can give me SMS on my phone number 07813547673. Thank you for your patience.

Advertisement