Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#6907 by Gunslinger Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:08 pm
I had no idea that 419eater existed, that this site existed, or any other sites existed into defeating the scammers. In between playing Counter-Strike:Source, and being really drunk, I started having fun with these various emails. I had no idea, and I know this site does not endorse baiting, but I have been doing this for a long, long, time. I thought I was the only one. Wow. I was wrong. Here is an email I got a little while ago and it now lists bank names/emails/phone numbers which I believe you research???
I use Aldrich Hazen Ames as my name. For no real reason other than I've been using it for a long time. Heck, he's never getting out of Allenwood Federal Penitentiary. Also, I have 2 emails from "The FBI" I think are funny, but about the same as below. Here is the email:

EcoBank The Pan African Bank
2 Ajose Adeogun Street
Victoria Island, Lagos - Nigeria
From the desk of:
MR NELSON DAVID
International Settlement Dept.
EcoBank Nigeria Plc

Attn: Aldrich Hazen Ames
How are you today, I want to inform you that we receive an order today from our President of Nigeria because of scam going around here in Nigeria now, I want to let you know that your fund have been deposit in SUN TRUST BANK IN U.S.A now, I will give the contact of the bank so that you will contact them for your money, you have to follow advice from them so that you will receive your fund to your bank account. As soon as you contact them you let me know for your own good.

CONTACT PERSON :MR WILLIAM R .REED JR
HIS PERSONAL : E-mail: [email protected]
TELEPHONE : 206-339-2675

So try to contact them today and get back to me as soon as you receive this mail, i will make sure that you receive your money.
Looking forward to hear from you soon.

MR NELSON DAVID
International Settlement Dept.
EcoBank Nigeria
Cell Phone: 2348022507268

PS = sry bout not using the qoute things, I dont really ever post anything.
Advertisement

#6911 by Arnold Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:41 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners.
and I know this site does not endorse baiting

Not so. There's no conflict, but we take a different approach to 419eater that's all. The two sites are related, and we work together. If you want to bait, we encourage you to join 419eater.

EcoBank The Pan African Bank and Sun Trust Bank are both genuine banks, but scammers frequently use the names of genuine businesses, as well as financial and law enforcement agencies, FBI etc. The names of people and email addresses have nothing to do with them of course.

#6916 by Ralph Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:53 am
Hi Gunslinger and welcome,

As Mr Tambourine Man has suggested we are quite happy for you to bait scammers, it wastes their time and resources thus keeping them away from potential victims.

If you also post the details of the scammers you have baited it will also help to prevent scam victims.

Both sites have the same overall goal, but there are 2 distinctly different appraoches to achieving it.

419eater is prodominantly for encouraging baiting while Scamwarners is more about education and scam victim support, most of our members here are also members at 419eater although many of us use different names over there :wink: