Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#7171 by Michelle Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:30 pm
Looking to rent a house like after you receive a reply like this ? It is going to cost you a lot more than you bargained for.

You will soon be asked to pay a deposit .... you'll never get to live in the house, and you'll never see your deposit again.

Re: $2500 / 4br - Single Family in MYRTLE BEACH (MYRTLE BEACH) (map)
Tuesday, February 3, 2009 8:22 PM

"Ulla Mose" <[email protected]>

To:

Thanks for your email an interest in renting our home,my husband and i works for UNICEF and we are currently in the west africa region to save lives and to ensure the rights of all children because more than 2 million children have died as a direct result of armed conflict, and more than three times that number have been permanently disabled or seriously injured. An estimated 20 million children have been forced to flee their homes, and more than 1 million have been orphaned or separated from their families.

Measles, diarrhoea, acute respiratory infections, malaria and malnutrition are the major killers of children during humanitarian crises.We are in africa to ensure safe supplies of drinking water, and to improve sanitary conditions for communities and the displaced also to focuses on these children and their families – on the essential interventions required for protection, to save lives and to ensure the rights of all children.

We are renting our home because we will be spending a long time traveling around Africa and we need a clean responsible person that we can trust to take a proper care of the home at all time and also utilities are included in the rent.Below is the rental application please fill it and get back to me ASAP if you are interested renting our home..here is the address of the house Southbury Dr Myrtle Beach 29588 at East and West Of 707 and West Of 17 Bypass SC

The rent is $2500 while you will be paying a deposit of $1500

RENTAL APPLICATION
Pls let me get this answer.
1) Your Full Name:
2) Your Full Address & Phone Number:
3) How old are you?
4) Are you married?
5) How many people will be living in the house?
6) Do you have a pet?
7) Do you have a car?
8 )Occupation?
9) Our prefer method of payment? Western Union or Money Gram?
10) When do you intend moving in?

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that I can have it in my file incase of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you. Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys of the house to you. We are giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words, you know that, we do not see yet and only putting everything into God's hand, so please do not let us down with our property and God bless you more as you do this.
Regards.

N:B:please note this that you cant go inside the house because the keys are right here with us but feel free to go view the exterior of the house and upon approval the keys will be send to you.

Advertisement

#7173 by Ralph Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:02 pm
you can see some more examples of the scam in this search result Click here

And in this search result, it shows a person who is most likely the same person who also runs adoption scams Click Here

And finally, the same scam script in use for a different home Click here