Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#416781 by Rognes Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:33 am
Below is a very well structured car selling scam for which i almost sent the money last week:

1) Seller Milo Svensson < [email protected] > pretends to work for http://www.lundin-energy.com as you can see the scammer uses a fake domain lundinenergyab.com similar to the real website.

The domain is registered using NameCheap.
Please send abuse report to [email protected]

2) The scammer uses a fake shipping company http://www.avtautomotive.com with multiple headquarters:
CALL: +46 8 559 16611 [email protected] Upplagsvägen 2, 117 43 Stockholm, Sweden
CALL: +353 1 455 8822 [email protected] S Circular Rd, Dublin 8, D08 WR9T, Ireland
CALL: +1 727 260 5555 [email protected] 3391 SE 14th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316, USA
CALL: +56 51 2411666 [email protected] Isidora Goyenechea 3600, Of. 201, Las Condes, Región Metropolitana, Chile
CALL: +56 51 2411666 [email protected] 52-62 Tsing Yi Rd, Tsing Yi, Hong Kong
CALL: +852 8190 8000 [email protected]

Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under the PSR 2009: No. 546224201 / Registered with HM Revenue & Customs as a Money Services Business: Registration No.

Registered with Namecheap. Please send abuse report to [email protected]

WEBSITE PICTURES:

3) Scammers even built fake reviews on this website: http://dealer-rater.com/TransportandEscrow.html , when i first googled this poped up. Which is also registered by Namecheap, mostlikely

created by scammers and published on google to get a good rating for their website.

Please send abuse report to [email protected]

4) Scammer provided me with a fake passport:

[Removed - AJ]

5) Texts they used, the conversation started in german then he asked me to move towards English, the email also has a fake signature using the real Energy Company:

Guten Tag ,

Vielen Dank für Ihr Interesse, der Preis beträgt 28.400 EUR.
Das Auto hat eine vollständige Service Geschichte, einen hervorragenden Zustand, siehe Innen- und Außenfotos, keine Unfälle, Sommer- und Winterreifen sind in sehr gutem Zustand, fast 90% neu.

Das Auto ist in Deutschland zugelassen, es hat Kennzeichen und deutsche Dokumente.
Ich musste wegen der Entscheidung meiner Firma nach Stockholm, Schweden, ziehen. Ich verkaufe das Auto aufgrund eines persönlichen Problems. Außerdem gibt es viele Dinge, die jetzt Vorrang haben. Deshalb muss dieses Auto fahren.
Aufgrund der Tatsache, dass ich sehr beschäftigt mit meiner Arbeit bin und nicht zu viel zu Hause bleibe, habe ich das Auto bei der Transportfirma im Lager gelassen und es kann an den neuen Besitzer geliefert werden.
Das Kennzeichen kann sofort auf Ihren Namen umgeschrieben werden. Wenn Sie dieses Fahrzeug kaufen möchten, antworten Sie bitte und ich werde Ihnen weitere Details mitteilen.

Für eine bessere Zusammenarbeit schreiben Sie mir bitte in englischer Sprache, da mein Deutsch nicht so gut ist.

Freundliche Grüße,
-------------------------------------
Hello , I am the first owner of the car, As I said the car is in the company's warehouse in Stockholm with all the documents ready for transport and transcription, the price of the car is all with transport.
I already paid the transportation charges and the price includes the delivery taxes to your location.
We can do everything through the transport company, they are taking care of everything and they can arrange the delivery to your address. If you decide to buy the car I will need your full details (Full name, Address, Phone number). As soon as I have your details I will pass them to the transport company and they will start the procedure. Next step they will get in touch with you and send you an invoice for the car, the tracking number to check the status of the delivery at any time and all the rest of the transaction details. After you receive the invoice you'll need to make the payment by bank transfer to the transport company and they will hold the money into their bank account until you receive, inspect and agree to keep the car. For the buyer's peace of mind I've also added a 5 DAYS REFUND POLICY so if you don't like the car, you'll receive a full refund, no fees or taxes deducted. If the car is not as described, the transport company will transfer the money back into your bank account. If you decide to keep the car after the 5 days inspection period, you will need to sign the owner transfer papers and only then I will get the money from the transport company.
I will call you after I get your information.
Regards,

--------------------

I will use AVT Automotive Cargo
I can start the transaction but I want to be sure you understand the procedure, I can send you the contract, the transport company will contact you and will send you the information about the transaction (car details, transport, payment). You must confirm the payment to them and after the payment is received they'll start the transport to you and within 3-5 days the car will be delivered. If everything is good, you accept the car and the transport company will send the payment to me, if you have any reason to refuse the car, they'll will return your payment. Let me know if you agree, send me your Name, Address, phone number and I will call you. Thanks!
Last edited by AlanJones on Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed unwatermarked photos
Advertisement

#416815 by Rognes Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:20 pm
Scammers also have hvteautomotive.com, the same registered on Namecheap. Please send abuse email to [email protected]

CALL: +46 40 666 50 99 [email protected] Elektravägen 21, 126 30 Hägersten, Sweden
CALL: +353 1 453 8800 [email protected]
CALL: +1 727 275 0657 [email protected]
CALL: +56 51 2477666 [email protected]
CALL: +852 8197 8719 [email protected]