Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#57092 by LNJSports Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:40 pm
Has anyone had similar offers from someone named Nelson James which they want to purchase a large volume of products and request to have the freight forwarder named: LOGISTIC EXPERT CO. LTD handling the shipping of the items overseas?

Before I post the information, I wanted to just see if someone ran into either one of these names?

Regards
Advertisement

#57093 by Dotti Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:57 pm
I have no doubt it is the same scammer in the thread below. Note the 95 instead of 96 in the email address. Scammers often open several addresses at the same time, simply changing the numbers, because they know some of their email addresses will inevitably be closed.

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=19758

Scammers often run several different types of scams at the same time. Please post the emails you received, as having the script posted can also help victims to avoid being scammed.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#57095 by LNJSports Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:25 pm
Thank you!

This is an odd one because he contact us through our on line store which he wanted a large quantity of products.

First email: Simple question about available quantity and how much of a deal they could get for large quantity order. Pretty much a normal email which the question was asked if we ship internationally.

Second Email: Said the price was great and would like to get 80.

Third Email:

Thanks for the mail. I will need to have the Order picked up and shipped to one of my Shop in Sweden. So i will need you to contact the freight below and find out the cost for shipping the below product to the Delivery Address that i provided in the email below. Below is the details for the Shipment.

Qty : 80 pcs at $81.00 each as quoted.

I have also included the contact details of a Freight Forwarder that i will need you to contact in regard of the Pick up and Shipment.Please provide them with the Pick up Address, the weight and size on the Order and the delivery address below :

Delivery Address:
Nelson Inc
Jeppahalla Ljud. Storgatan 4,
S-599 33, Odeshog
Sweden.

Freight Company Details :
Name : Logistic Expert Company Ltd
Email : [email protected]
Owner : Johnson McCoy

Get back to me with the grand total cost for the order so i can proceed with the final payment right away.

Thanks and Best Regards
Nelson James

Email from Freight Forwarder:

LOGISTIC EXPERT COMPANY LTD

Freight Quote No. 2328
22nd JUNE , 2011

PICK UP ADDRESS
Your Warehouse
WA 98027
USA

DELIVERY ADDRESS
NELSON INC
JEPPAHALLA LJUD. STORGATAN 4,
ODESHOG S-599 33,
SWEDEN

DETAILS ON SHIPMENT
3 full pallets (72 benches) at 678 lbs each=2034 lbs
40 x 48 x 71 inches
Grand total= 80 benches on 4 pallets is 2287 lbs ( 1 partial pallet of 8 benches=253 lbs )

FREIGHT CHARGES
SHIPPING COST : $2000.75
INTERNATIONAL AIRWAY TAXES (I.A.T) : $1000.25
TARIFFS AND CUSTOM CLEARANCE DUTIES : $650.25
TOTAL QUOTE FREIGHT CHARGES : $3651.25

JOHNSON McCOY
LOGISTIC EXPERT CO. LTD
ESTIMATOR AND CHAIRMAN

Final Email that Red Flagged Us:

If i could make payment to the freight company directly i will wouldn't bother you ..The freight quote they gave you has a policy saying they accept payment from pickup location only.And it there company policy..So now i want to make all payment to you via my Credit card and as soon as the fund clear into your account you can just make payment to them via Wire Transfer for them to come in for the pickup.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Regard
Nelson James

ENDING of this SCAM!
As soon as we heard the words of "Wire Transfer", it through out a red flag to us. Plus the fact that they said they do not accept credit card payments at this time. I am sorry but if you are an international freight company charging that much, credit card payment should always be accepted.

My question is on this scam is if this Nelson guy was going to pay us in full via credit card, and then have us wire transfer money to someone else, where did the money come from to pay it in the first place? A stolen card?

Just curious of the process of how these scammers are working now a days.

Regards
#57097 by Dotti Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:15 am
Your guess is correct. The scammer has bought stolen (usually phished) credit card numbers, and he is trying to use fake orders such as this one to convert those credit card numbers into cash for him.

Large retailers usually have stronger verification processes and/or shipping policies, so he approaches small to medium businesses, under the assumption that they are more likely to be unaware of the scam.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#115769 by DantheMan9913 Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:46 am
Hello, I was just browsing through gumtree to see if i can get a very good and nice item for a very good friend and a colleague of mine who has just been posted abroad on a training course on environmental pollution while i am being posted to Asia on a training course on Population so we are into exchange of gifts with each other,and i came across your lovely item. I want to know if the item is in its top condition,I will like you to help me send the item down to my friend in Lagos Nigeria 23401 on my behalf as gift as i am due to leave for Asia soon so won't be able to receive the item here in the state..I will be offering you £50 for the postage via Royal Mail International Signed For,with p&p, so i will quickly want you to get back to me with the total cost including your pay pal e-mail or your bank transfer details and your gumtree item number and your full name so that i can make the payment asap. Hope to read from you soon.

That's from Nelson trying to scam a 13 year old out of his ps3 he is selling! He should be dead!

This is the Nigerian scam!