Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#424628 by Michelle Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:38 pm
Rebecca Wilson <[email protected]>

Hi,
My name is Rebecca and I'm emailing you about the 2014 Look Enclosed Cargo Trailer 16x7x6.5. This was my father's trailer who recently passed away. It has always been stored inside. The title is legally under my name, clear and free of any liens or loans. Final sale price is $1000. I got a new job and moved to Great Falls, MT and many other things have priority now so...this trailer has to go. I am looking to sell it only to someone who will use it, not to resell it for profit. Also I have more pictures if you are interested.

Best regards
Rebecca Wilson

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#430273 by Michelle Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:14 pm

Hi again and thank you very much for getting back to me but I would like to clarify some things first. I am selling the trailer at this price because my father passed away not long ago (he was very sick) and this trailer brings me bad memories, another reason for selling it is because I work in the military and right now I'm on a military base. We are training and getting ready to leave the country. The trailer is already at the shipping company ready for delivery because someone agreed to buy it, but in the end he never got the loan (the price was different then). For this reason, the shipping is already paid for. I will use eBay in this transaction for our protection. If you are not aware of this program, you should know that it will allow you to test and inspect the trailer before paying me. The inspection period will be set to 5 days and I think that is enough time for you to make a decision about it. If you won`t like my trailer you notify eBay and you send it back at my expense but I assure you that won't be the case.

If you want to continue the purchase, please reply with your full name, delivery address and phone number so I can start the transaction with eBay and ask them to send you the terms of this transaction (with no further obligation or fees). I apologize for the long email but I couldn't explain the process in fewer words.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.