Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#60608 by clairebear Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:10 pm
I nearly purchased a laptop from ecgoon.com. I went through all the order process and nearly paid by Western Union but I couldn't figure out how to use Western Union to pay with since they removed Paypal paying from their site, I normally use Paypal on other sites I buy from. Anyway I got reading through some of the feedback left and it sounded odd and did research and found that this may be a spam. I also read that Western Union is not to pay businesses with if that's right. They are hounding me through email now for 3 days can someone advice me what I can do. They have my address....

This is what they sent me...

Dear Claire,
We have already prepared your product for shipment.
How about your payment?
If you have paid for your order pls send the MTCN to us, then we will ship the package as soon as possible.

Waiting for your reply.
Beat regards.

Alina

> Firstname: Xiaobo
> Lastname: Xu
> Address: China
> You only pay the money as this detail.
> After you pay, pls send the MTCN to us.
> once we confirm your pay We will ship your goods within 24hours by DHL express.
Advertisement

#60610 by Justin Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:05 pm
Hello clairebear!

I would stay clear of any company wanting payment via Western Union. The main problem is once the money is picked up there is no way to get it back. You have no buyer protection and no recourse if you do not get your goods. It says on their site they take credit cards and PayPal so I think it is odd that they are asking you to pay via Western Union. They have a VeriSign seal looks to be fake which is usually a sign of a fake site.

Justin

#60613 by clairebear Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:55 pm
It did say on website they take Paypal but going through the whole order process I found out they disabled it and don't take it that's why I was going to pay by Western Union do you think I will be okay If they just have my address?
#60618 by Justin Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:06 pm
I wouldn't worry too much if they just have your address. Scammers are criminals bit they are really only after your money not to hurt you. If you ignore them they will eventually take the hint and go away.

#60678 by clairebear Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:54 am
Thanks guys I will just ignore emails they send me if they send any. Also Jolly_Roger thanks for the link.