Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#60899 by caro92cm Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:17 pm
Hi, i'm a new member from Italy, sorry for my poor english language.. I'm asking you to check if this is a scam, i sent 300 euro from Italy to London, to purchase an apple iphone 4 32 GB (i know i'm a fool)
I post there the email chronology.. it's about a company, so i think i can have my money back someway..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello

Thanks for your message. We are a legitimate company out to do business and we do not involve ourselves in any form of trade malpractice. We have nothing to fear, we allow anyone to visit our company anytime to show that we have nothing to hide.

It is against our company policies and guidelines to make payment on behalf of clients. Also we only refund money for orders received with complaints and not orders not received at all. When you receive your order and you have any complaints about shipped products , this is only when you qualify for refund according to our company policies and guidelines.

Understand that we are using a wireless internet connection and it is not impossible for it to change servers by itself. We would advise that you trust us and proceed with payment of the tax/custom duty and receive your package.

We apologize to you again for inconveniences and thank you for making us your choice.

Best Regards,

Sarah William( Sales Manager )
ELECTRONICS CITY LTD
86 QUEENSBERRY PLACE
LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM
E12 6UW
Company No. 07387062
TELL:+447035909983

To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:27 PM
Subject: RE: Updates for your order : ECL/IPH/8906/903HY(2 apple iphone 4G 32GB white)

I discovered you are connecting from Italy's servers and not London's... I know all your pc data and the police is now checking the info about your fake limited company, the using of a free e-mail account (yahoo), the payment via moneygram.... I have got your identity... now if you want to avoid a complaint on you sent back to me ALL THE MONEY IMMEDIATLY at the name you already have !

Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 05:24:08 -0700
Subject: Re: Updates for your order : ECL/IPH/8906/903HY(2 apple iphone 4G 32GB white)
To:
Hello

Thanks for your message.

Understand that tax/custom duty payment is not always obtainable. It is when the United Kingdom Government wants to raise funds that they demand for this payment. Amount to be paid is also fixed by the Customs Authorities and not by us here at our company.

We know that you must be displeased and this is why we have compensated you duly for inconveniences caused you.

You do not make the payment to the Customs authorities, we pay the money on your behalf and obtain the tax certificate for you. We then present this certificate to the shippers for shipment clearance for your order.

Kindly get in touch with us in time so that your order can still be shipped today.

we apologize to you again for inconveniences and thank you for making us your choice.

Best Regards,

ELECTRONICS CITY LTD
86 QUEENSBERRY PLACE
LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM
E12 6UW
Company No. 07387062

Sent: Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:52 AM
Subject: RE: Updates for your order : ECL/IPH/8906/903HY(2 apple iphone 4G 32GB white)

And you weren't aware of this custom tax before? you've got a company which send all around the world? are you joking?
So give me the address of the custom authority, so I give the money to them directly! and sincerly I checked, this tax exist but it's just about some euros.. not surely 180! but give me the address of the Custom authority so that i pay them!

Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 02:39:15 -0700
Subject: Updates for your order : ECL/IPH/8906/903HY(2 apple iphone 4G 32GB white)
To:
Hello

Many apologies for not getting back to you as soon as expected.

Your payment has been confirmed by our company's accounts department, your package has also been registered with the shippers for shipment and necessary shipping charges has been paid for your package.

However, the United Kingdom Customs Authority insist on payment of Tax/Custom Duty for your package. This payment will be used to obtain a tax/custom clearance certificate for your package from the Customs Authority. Without this clearance certificate, the shippers will not be obliged to ship your package.

Understand that we had no previous knowledge of this payment or we would have informed you earlier.Also all orders we received was affected by this development and our company's board of management has added 1 unit of apple iphone 3gs 32gb (white) to your order free of charge to serve as due compensation .

Tax/Custom Duty fees for packaged 2 units apple iphone 4g 32gb @ discounted cost of 300euro - 162.99GBP ( 187.56Euro)

Payment should be sent to our company payment details used for previous transaction via MoneyGram :

Receiver's Name : Mary Christian

Receiver's Address :
86 Queensberry Place

City : London, E12 6UW

Amount : 187.56Euro

Kindly remember to send us payment details when done for confirmation of your payment.

Once this payment is confirmed, necessary tax/custom clearance certificate will be obtained for your package and your package containing 2 units of apple iphone 4g 32gb(white) and 1 unit apple iphone 3GS 32GB(white) will be shipped without further delay to your registered delivery address (via san bartolo 15 ,Ferrara FE 44100,Italia).

Your package tracking number will also be emailed to you immediately.

We apologize sincerely for any inconvenience this development might cause you. It is well regretted.

We thank you profoundly for your kind patronage and for making us your choice.

Best Regards,

ELECTRONICS CITY LTD
86 QUEENSBERRY PLACE
LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM
E12 6UW
Company No. 07387062

Sent: Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:03 AM
Subject: RE: Your order 2 (1+ 1 Free) apple iphone 4g 32gb unlocked

Sooo? what's the excuse now!?? IT'S YOU THAT RIDICULE ME WITH THIS SCAM!
Be sure that if I don't receive my packed order Id number and tracking in your next mail i'll start with the complaint using
the the data that the postal police has been able to trace on you...

Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 05:29:03 -0700
Subject: Re: Your order 2 (1+ 1 Free) apple iphone 4g 32gb unlocked
To:
Hello
via san bartolo 15
Ferrara FE 44100
Italia

Thanks for your message.

Confirmation of your payment will be done by our company's accounts department and this should be done before the end of today.

Your package will be shipped 2 hours after confirmation of your payment and will be delivered to you within 48hours.

You will get a notification via email as soon as this is done. Your tracking number will also be emailed to you so that you can monitor your order till delivery.

Be rest assured that your order will be delivered to you and you will be well satisfied.

We thank you for your very kind patronage and for making us your choice.

Best Regards,

ELECTRONICS CITY LTD
86 QUEENSBERRY PLACE
LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM
E12 6UW
Company No. 07387062

Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 6:57 AM

But you have just said you received my payment, what's the matter of the confirmation?? you must have already sent the material!
i'm not apprehensive, i'm scared that you wont send me my iphones 4... when does my order ships?

Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 03:00:32 -0700
To:
Hello
Are you willing to patronize us or to ridicule us?

You have made your payment and we are still awaiting confirmation of your payment.

Why wont you exercise patience and let us get back to you instead of been so apprehensive.

Regards,

ELECTRONICS CITY LTD
86 QUEENSBERRY PLACE
LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM
E12 6UW
Company No. 07387062

Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 9:35 AM

hahahaha they found your IP server ahahaha genius!!!!!!! SCAM SCAM SCAM!!! THEY HAVE IDENTIFIED YOUR POSITION AND IDENTITY!

Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 10:46:31 -0700
To:

Many apologies for very late response. Your payment has been received.

Please exercise patience while it is been confirmed by our company's accounts department.

As soon as your payment is confirmed, your packaged order will be shipped and delivered to your registered address.

We thank you for your very kind patronage. It is well appreciated.

Best Regards,

ELECTRONICS CITY LTD
86 QUEENSBERRY PLACE
LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM
E12 6UW
Company No. 07387062

Sent: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 11:25 AM

If i wont receive the items, i'm going to take legal ways, i'm a lawyer.. be sure that i'm not joking

Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 14:33:50 -0700
Subject: Your order 2 (1+ 1 Free) apple iphone 4g 32gb unlocked
To:
Hello

Thanks for making your order with us. Be rest assured that the Iphone 4 you will be buying from is original quality, we buy all our products direct from manufacturer (Apple INC).

Your order has been registered by our company's logistics department. It has also been packaged and labeled for shipment pending your payment.

Below is details of your order :

Order reference number : ECL/IPH/8906/903HY

Product : Apple iPhone 4G 32GB

Quantity : 2 ( 1 + 1 Free)

Colour : White

Buyer Name :****************

Buyer's Full Delivery Information :***********************************************************

Total Order cost : 300euro

Payment for your order should be sent to our chief accountant payment details below via MONEYGRAM :

Receiver's Address : Mary Christian

City : London, E12 6UW

You will be required to send us the following information for confirmation of your payment :

Sender's Name and Address :

MoneyGram Reference Number:

Amount Sent :

Once your payment is confirmed, your packaged order containing 2 units Apple iPhone 4G 32GB (white) will be shipped to your registered address (via san bartolo 15,Ferrara FE 44100,Italia) via UPS delivery services..

Your package tracking number will also be emailed to you so that you can monitor your order till delivery.

We thank you profoundly for your kind patronage. It is well appreciated.

Best Regards,

ELECTRONICS CITY LTD
86 QUEENSBERRY PLACE
LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM
E12 6UW
Company No. 07387062

Sent: Monday, August 1, 2011 2:38 PM
Subject: RE: apple iphone 4g 32gb unlocked

I order a white Apple Iphone 4 32 GB ORIGINAL
I'm going to create a money gram profile for my credit card
Articolo:

Numero di unità: 1

Nome completo: C*********************i

Indirizzo di consegna: ******************

Città:**********************

Paese: Italia

Numero di telefono: ******************
I hope this phone is really original.. if not please tell me now!

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 11:38:52 -0700
Subject: Re: apple iphone 4g 32gb unlocked
To:
Hello

Thanks for your message,

We are currently on our promotional sales buy 2unit of apple iphone and take 1unit free.we also have them in white color.

You can use your credit card to make payment via western union or money gram online and if you don't have account with western union or money you can visit http://www.westernunion.com OR http://www.moneygram.com to registered with them so that you can make the payment with your credit card details.

We await your response as soon as possible to proceed with the packaging and label of your order.

Thanks for your patronage and stay blessed.

Best Regards

ELECTRONICS CITY LTD
86 QUEENSBERRY PLACE
LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM
E12 6UW
Company No. 07387062

Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 7:34 AM
Subject: RE: apple iphone 4g 32gb unlocked

i'm interested in your offer buy 1 take 2 for two white iphone4 32 gb for 300 euro.. i've got a visa credit card is i possible to pay with that ?

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 02:14:08 -0700
Subject: Re: apple iphone 4g 32gb unlocked
To:
Ciao ,

Grazie per il vostro messaggio, abbiamo il 4G Apple iPhone 32GB UNLOCKED disponibili per vendere.

L'Apple iPhone è nuovo di zecca mai usato, è sigillato in confezione originale completa con accessori di lavoro di cui 1 anno di garanzia completa internazionale e di rimpatrio sei mesi.

Siamo legittimi società commerciale di elettronica in italia, siamo anche registrati azienda come una società commerciale di elettronica con Regno Unito government.we basare la nostra on''Trust affare''

Siamo anche sulle vendite promozionali nella nostra azienda, vendiamo tutti i nostri prodotti con sconti e prezzi accessibili (BUY 2 e ottenere 1 gratis)

Dettagli Costo: 1unità di Apple iPhone 4G 32GB € 300
Spedizione e gratuito

Metodo di pagamento: trasferimento di denaro (Western Union / Money Gram) per ordine di sotto 5pz
Bonifico Bancario (T / T) per ordine sopra 5pz

Spediamo il tuo ordine alla conferma del pagamento tramite i servizi di consegna UPS e fornire esattamente in 48 ore. Vi mettiamo a disposizione un numero di tracking al momento della spedizione per consentire di monitorare il vostro ordine fino alla consegna tramite http://www.ups.com

Manteniamo una politica di ritorno sei mesi, si dovrebbe ottenere la Apple iPhone 4G 32GB UNLOCKED e di reclami sul dispositivo, si è liberi di restituire l'iphone per una nuova o per il rimborso del denaro entro questo periodo.

Per confermare l'ordine, si prega di compilare il modulo d'ordine cliente di seguito:

Articolo:

Numero di unità:

Nome completo:

Indirizzo di consegna:

Città:

Paese:

Numero di telefono:

Una volta che queste informazioni sono ricevute, la nostra azienda le informazioni di pagamento saranno trasmessi al di abilitare si effettua il pagamento tramite MoneyGram e prendere in consegna del vostro ordine.

Ci piacerebbe averti come cliente abituale qui nella nostra azienda e quindi sono pronti a servire al meglio delle nostre capacità. Abbiamo anche sconti per i nostri clienti registrati sugli acquisti successivi.

Attendiamo il vostro ordine e vi ringraziamo anticipatamente per il vostro patronato gentile.

Cordiali saluti,

ELECTRONICS CITY LTD
86 QUEENSBERRY PLACE
LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM
E12 6UW
Company No. 07387062

Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 3:56 AM
Subject: apple iphone 4g 32gb unlocked

Secondamano.it

Il tuo annuncio è stato visto su Secondamano.it e l’utente richiede maggiori informazioni.
sono interessato, ma è originale posso fidarmi?? le foto sono sgranate ma sembra lui... pagamento e spedizione in che modo?
Questo messaggio è stato inviato da parte di: carolina
email :
tel: -
Codice Secondamano: 1655625 (apple iphone 4g 32gb unlocked)
Fai click qui per vedere l’annuncio

Cordiali saluti,
http://www.secondamano.it

Indirizzo IP: 87.16.57.73
29/07/2011 10:56:06
Advertisement

#60901 by caro92cm Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:26 pm
THEY SAY THEY HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR ABOUT, AND THAT EVERYONE CAN GO THERE AND TAKE A LOOK AT THEIR COMPANY, CAN ANYONE OF YOU, WHO IS FROM LONDON, CHECK FOR ME??
#60906 by Justin Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:03 pm
Hello caro92cm,

First off please edit out your email address in your post. That is a sure fire way to have even more scammers contacting you.

This is a scam. It seems from your email you know it is a scam. The company may be real but you are not in contact with the real company. It is a scammer using the real company as a cover to try and legitimize the scam.

- They are using 447035909983 which is a re-direct number. The scammer can have this number redirected to any cell phone in the world.
- http://electronicscity-ltd.webs.com this is a free sub domain of webs.com it is highly unlikely a legitimate company like this would have a free website.
[email protected] as you pointed out this is a free email address not linked to the company.
And the most important evidence
-Payment should be sent to our company payment details used for previous transaction via MoneyGram Scammers request funds sent this way because the money is completely untraceable. Legitimate businesses do not use Money Gram or Western Union.

I’m sorry to say there is no hope in getting your money back. It is long gone. Scammers will often try a recovery scam offering to get your lost money back. It is just another scam and they will ask you for fees to get the money back. Watch out for those.

I am sorry you lost your money but I am sure you will learn a lesson from this and be more careful in the future,

Justin

#60907 by Helen Halper Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:09 pm
Hi caro92cm!
Welcome to scamwarners.
I'm sorry to say that your suspicions are correct. This is a scam. The website http://electronicscity-ltd.webs.com is fake and is set up on a free webs.com address. The phone number +447035909983 is a "redirect" number, which is a number that looks like it's in the UK but actually can be anywhere in the world.

ninja'd by Justin

#60910 by Arnold Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:28 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners. It is definitely a scam, and as you have paid by Western Union or Moneygram, there is no chance of getting you money back. Sorry.
4470 numbers are free and anyone in the world can get one and have it redirect calls to another phone number.
I'm still looking at Electronics City Ltd. Scammers often steal the names of real businesses, and less usually set up a fake company. So far, I've found no evidence of it being a genuine limited company.
The website http://electronicscity-ltd.webs.com is a free one and definitely fake. It shows the 4470 number and the map on their "contact us" page shows a different "Queensberry Place" to the one given.