Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#62218 by Italian Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:54 am
Hi at all,
I'd like to share my personal experience with the Ebay seller Koybe.com. I've posted my story all over the Internet because a lot of users buy through Ebay and probably it won't be difficult to meet these thieves.
Do you know Koybe-Inc? They sell Ram on Ebay. They're Power Sellers, but it's only appearance!
When you buy a product from them, rarely they will ship you that package and specially if you are resident abroad (they sell from Simi Valley, U.S.) they won't ship you nothing!!

I share my story, but there are lots of people who are waiting for their packages from Koybe!!

I've bought a Ram on November 2010 and I'm still waiting to receive it!
Continuously they keep mailing me writing "We will ship at the earliest". I just know I've lost my 41$. But I must share my experience, because I think there are a lot of people in my situation.

What do you do when your package doesn't arrive? Normally you send mail to the seller. Ok, this is what I did. In front off this situation they ALWAYS reply trick people into waiting over the limit for opening a dispute. They send you a lot of e-mail writing "The package will arrive in * days, please co-operate with us". Moreover, if you asked for a tracking number, they send you an inexistent one. They are a thieves.

This is another standard message of Koybe:
We do offer the upgrade as option - if you wish, and there is no additional profit. You only pay for cost difference. All we ask in return is please create win win for us by giving us positive feedback for customer service with 5 STAR DSR ratings.(Anything less and we get penalized by eBay in different ways).

And if the package arrive? Read the text of this RED feedback:
the ram destroyed my 800$ laptop and gonna cost 700+ to fix .. GO NAMEBRAND!!!!

I saved every e-mail exchange from them and if you want I can post all this stuff. But now I only start to post a pair of e-mail. I publish the last updates: after 10 months they are still finding excuses and stalling. Moreover, they are blackmailing me. Obviously they hate bad publicity but instead to refund me they are blackmailing me!

Read this:

Koybe-Inc, 01 August, 13:42
Hi
Even we are ok to give you the refund
Regards
PRince
Desk-11

My msg, 01 August, 13:45
I'm tired for your same mails.
You know my Paypal account and you know how much I paid: 41$.

Koybe-Inc, 01 August, 13:56
Hi
We need to take the permission from our concern department to refund you.
Regards
PRince

My msg, 01 August, 14:07
I'm tired of your excuse.
You don't have any commercial department, Koybe is only composed by 3 people: you, Brad and Jessica.
You decide how much time I still waiting.

Koybe-Inc, 01 August, 14:34
Hi
We can understand your concern.
We request you to give us this month time; surely we will serve you better.
We want your co-operation. If you will wait then we can do something better for you.
Regards
PRince

My msg, 03 August, 13.29
What does it mean "something better for me"?
I'm waiting since November and I don't want to exchange anything for the truth and the honesty.

Koybe-Inc, 03 August 14.00
Hi
Something is better for you. It means you will get something better than before.
Regards
PRince

My msg, 03 August, 14.12
No. Nothing better unless I receive my money now.

Koybe-Inc, 08 August, 14.20
We never tell you that, you will not get the refund.
We request you to give us this month time.
Regards
PRince
Desk-11

My msg, 08 August, 14.36:
You can do it now. Open your Paypal and do it.
I'm unavailable to wait 1 month.

Koybe-Inc, 08 August, 14.56:
This is to inform you that, refund is not in my hand; otherwise I would have refunded you long back.
As per Brad words we cant give you the refund. But I can do it for you.
I am ok to give you the refund.. could you given us 1 month time?
Regards
PRince
Desk-11

My msg, 08 August, 15.36:
If you didn't refund immediately is because you always said crap with me.
Anyhow I keep posting everything because truth is very important.

Koybe-Inc, 08 August, 15.47:
If you will keep posting all this stuff then I cant give you the refund.
We just need your support. if you will support us then we will serer you better.
Regards
PRince
Desk-11

Please don't buy from Koybe!!!
Advertisement

#64257 by Italian Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:08 am
New updates from Koybe-Inc!
Now, after the blackmail and ridicule, they are denying me a refund that would have me tomorrow!

This is the last mail exchange!

Koybe-Inc, 18 August, 13.30:
Hi
This is to inform you that, refund will take time, this is the reason we asked you to wait.
We request you to keep some patience.

My msg, 18 August, 15:54:
If you told me 1 month at the end of July, at the end of August I'll must have my money on my hands.
If I don't have anything, probably the pages will be translate in each language. It's your interest, not mine.

Koybe-Inc, 18 August, 17:47:
At the earliest. Please.

My msg, 18 August, 21:00:
No, I'm waiting since November 2010. Why on Dicember 2010 did you tell me that you opened a claim throgh Paypal and Ebay? Why did you cheating me?

Koybe-Inc, 19 August, 09:30:
Please understand our situation. USPS was not responding. You don’t worry I am here to help you.
Regards
PRince
Desk-11

My msg, 23 August, 17.16:
In any case in a week (30th August) you will send me a refund.
Otherwise it means that you don't understand your mistakes and everyone, in other languages??, should know it.

Koybe-Inc, 24 August, 12:00:
Hi
We request you give us 1 month time.
Regards
PRince
Desk-11

My msg, today:
Tomorrow is your day end. You must refund me.

Koybe-Inc, today:
Hi
We request to you give us 1 month time.
Regards
PRince
Desk-11

My msg, today:
Whaaaat?
A month ago you told me "we refund you in a month", one week "we refund you in a month", but when is this month? Do you realize how stupid you are?
You know you're hurting your business? Perhaps it was better to pay now?

Koybe-Inc, today:
We have talked with our concern department. They can refund you in installment only.
We thought your refund process will be done in this month only, but it won’t happen.
We can refund in installment only.
Yes it would be create a problem in our busingess.

We cant do anything if you will not understand our situation.
Regards
PRince
#64708 by Italian Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:43 am
I have very disturbing news updates from the world of Koybe-Inc. I was blackmailed for the umpteenth time. They finally offered me a refund in installments, but only after many complaints. A scandalous proposal! The people who buy from them pay always in a single solution, anyone have never paid in installments! They offered me a full refund in 10 installments of 4$ each. But I had to remove all these posts, otherwise I wouldn't be refunded. Scandalous. I proposed to remove everything after the first installment (which I never did, it was a bluff). They sent me a payment of 1$ and they tell me: "now you must erase every post about us". I sent them to hell! What a ridiculous people! Truly truly amazing.
P.S. I've discovered that they sell from Ahmedabad (India), for this reason they reply at my e-mails only during the morning (the night of Unites States).

Here the new (and I believe the last) mail exchange with Koybe-Inc (U.S. hour):

MY MSG: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:58 AM
Why do you work so early? It's night in Simi Valley and your Internet Protocol is from Ahmedabad, India. Why? I think refund immediately is the best way for you.

KOYBE-INC: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:07 AM
We are from USA only. We are working 24x7. Right now time is 2.25. We are ready to give you the refund right now but in installment only. We can give you the refund every month $3.00 for 14 months. Is it ok with you? PRince - Desk-11

MY MSG: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:13 AM
I don't have paid in installments, but in a single solution, so you must refund me in a single solution.

KOYBE-INC: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:15 AM
This is what we can do for you every month $3.00. PRince - Desk-11

MY MSG: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:34 AM
The only solution I can consider is the payment in two installments of $21.

KOYBE-INC: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:40 AM
It is not possible. This is my last proposal to you: every month $4.00 for 10 month installments and you need to erase all you have posted then we will refund you. PRince - Desk-11

MY MSG: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:54 AM
I don't delete any post.

KOYBE-INC: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:10 AM
I have decided to refund you $2.00 then you will delete all your post. Every month I will refund you $4.00 till 9 months. First I will send you $2.00 then you will delete all the post then I will send you another $2.00 after one month. PRince - Desk-11

MY MSG: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:15 AM
Ok. (it was a bluff!)

KOYBE-INC: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:22 AM
I have refunded your $2.00. PRince - Desk-11

MY MSG: Tuesday, August 31, 2011 1:15 AM
You are very funny: I only got 1.62$. Under these conditions and in the name of freedom I won't blot any posts. Everyone needs to know how you are behaving with your customers. I know that due to my post you're losing a lot of money. Immediately sue your heavy blackmail the international judicial authorities. I don't be blackmailed by idiots like you. Now go away, come back with another proposal, otherwise nothing will ever change here. You can't kidd me.

KOYBE-INC: Tuesday, August 31, 2011 3:22 AM
It is ok guy. Forget about the refund or any other benefit from our side. We TRUSTED you but you being reluctant showed us many things about it. There is no way now you will get a single penny from us. So whatever happens, as per our policy you will not get money back. You got $1.xx some, keep it and be happy with it. Now wait as long as you can.
We are thankful to our management that we blocked Italy and will never do business becuase most of the package get stolen at customs. If by posting bad thing about us making you happy, then we are happy for you too. We decide to entertain you more. BE happy with $1.xxx. Thanks NN.
#147736 by European-user1972 Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:44 am
I guess you are right, I should have googled their name earlier and find these posts. One thing learned again.
I received the items from Koybe-inc very quickly .... in 5 days from USA to Europe
However... there was a problem with the items, half of the goods was faulty and did not work, causing damage to the laptop.

But ok, this can happen I thought... then I send an email to inform them of the fault... most companies on Ebay do react promptly within 24 hours in these kind of cases. Not now... I started to scroll through the feedback, especially the negative feedback. What was very disturbing that there were so many similar cases of defective RAM in this case, either nothing worked or only half of the ordered.

So this is no exception anymore and this is also no bad luck anymore.
I reply on this post here now to get it listed high on the google rankings again as recent...because this post dates already from 2011.

So just to let people know that apparently there has been not so many changes in the company itself yet.
I guess the guys from Koybe-inc will soon not ship to the whole of Europe anymore as they already let us know here they will not ship to ITALY anymore.

The fact that things get stolen so many on their way to Italy is of course not the reason that they deliver faulty RAM. Koybe-inc should be aware of the power of the internet and that soon nobody will bay at them anymore.

The only thing you have to do is post this on all local and international forums about online shopping.

The funny thing is that this page already came up as the first hit on Google.... should tell the guys and girl at Koybe-inc that there is really being less money earned than should have been possible.

I will let you people know how it goes on from here and if the matter is resolved in time.

As said, half worked so my laptop is (after repair) running on 1256 MB memory instead of the 2GB... but for a media player quick enough....so I have time....

Now time will tell if KOYBE-INC did learn something from their mistakes in the past...

All best you you all and beware in buying from Koybe-inc.
#147739 by European-user1972 Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:02 am
Just to show you people how much bad publicity you can get from selling bad stuff.

these are the negative feedbacks of the last month for Koybe-inc.

>1st didn't work, returned, seller asked for more $, 2nd didn't work BUYER BEWARE
Oct-27-12 17:16 Feedback conversation
>Negative feedback rating Never received item
Oct-23-12 06:25 Feedback conversation
> Negative feedback rating THE MEMORY DID NOT WORK
Oct-19-12 09:50 Feedback conversation
> Negative feedback rating fait buggé mon mac, aucune communication
Oct-18-12 13:16 Feedback conversation 2GB Notebook RAM Speicher DDR3-1333Mhz SO-DIMM APPLE
>Negative feedback rating They did not send the proper type of RAM, put another sticker upon the original.
Oct-18-12 11:40 Feedback conversation 1GB DDR2-533 Notebook RAM SO-DIMM 533 Mhz PC 4200 LAP
>Negative feedback rating Die Lieferangaben sind gelogen - ständig nur Ausreden - NIE WIEDER !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct-16-12 08:23 Feedback conversation 2GB 2x 1 GB DDR 333 Speicher PC2700 PC 2700 184-PIN RAM
>Negative feedback rating nach über 2 Wochen nicht geliefert und kein Geld zurück
Oct-16-12 04:23 Feedback conversation 2GB 2x 1 GB DDR 400 Speicher PC3200 PC 3200 184-PIN RAM
>Negative feedback rating known memory compatibility issues by seller - taking a chance at your expense
Oct-16-12 01:04 Feedback conversation
> Negative feedback rating Seller shipped wrong item I had to pre pay to return it. Not very satisfied
Oct-15-12 05:09 Feedback conversation
>Negative feedback rating The Item wasn't what he seller said, ende up having to return at my expense
Oct-12-12 18:29 Feedback conversation
>Negative feedback rating Not working in my motherboard
Oct-05-12 01:43 Feedback conversation
>Negative feedback rating Based on the title of this item, I thought it is compatible with my PC but not
Oct-04-12 10:36 Feedback conversation
>Negative feedback rating sent 2 please responds, no answers
Oct-02-12 06:41 Feedback conversation
>Negative feedback rating The item is not workable. It is completely a cheating bussiness.
Oct-01-12 23:20 Feedback conversation
>Negative feedback rating Was sent wrong item, took 2 weeks to the right part. Very poor communication.
Oct-01-12 18:56 Feedback conversation
>Negative feedback rating I have not received the ordered goods
Sep-30-12 06:10 Feedback conversation
>Negative feedback rating item does not work. I have sent an e-mail and called no answer will report
Sep-26-12 17:07 Feedback conversation
>Negative feedback rating Artikel funktioniert nicht trotz mehrfacher Tests auf verschiedenen Geräten-PC.!
Sep-12-12 01:26 Feedback conversation 2GB 2x 1 GB DDR 400 Speicher PC3200 PC 3200 184-PIN RAM
>Negative feedback rating seller recommended wrong memory and shipped it twice. had to open ebay dispute Sep-07-12 11:47 Feedback conversation
>Negative feedback rating RAM didn't work in PC. I'm not the first 1. Google their username. SCAMMMERS!
Sep-01-12 10:34 Feedback conversation
>Negative feedback rating I tried to purchase this item but the vender refused my card, I purchased elsewh
Aug-31-12 19:48 Feedback conversation
>Negative feedback rating The ram didn't work.Seller didn't offer a good solution.Completely dissatisfied.
Aug-29-12 04:48 Feedback conversation
>Negative feedback rating I received wrong item. NEVER again do business with you!
Aug-26-12 13:08 Feedback conversation
>Negative feedback rating entgegen der beschtreibung viel zoll an
Aug-04-12 02:37 Feedback conversation
2GB 2x 1 GB DDR 400 Speicher PC3200 PC 3200 184-PIN RAM

So you all can see, this is no bullshit, this is no slander, this is the truth.

Updated when more info is available (when they react...so when they don't... there will be no more post for a while from me.... then you all know enough..... don't buy at Koybe-inc.)
#147981 by European-user1972 Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:02 pm
What strikes me as a weird coincidence, is that the people from Koybe-inc or Koybe Corporation, are all Indians (from India,.. not the Native Americans!), and that the RAM they sell is from an Indian company called OM Nanotech-Dolgix which has their only with address listed service center on 3.5 miles distance of Koybe Corporation in Simi Valley (besides the official office in Singapore and India)

The RAM they sell is constructed on PCB from Brain Power that is also used by Corsair and Crucial and contain mostly Samsung logo chips with an untraceable number. (Knock-off??)

Would this be a Firm making knockoffs and selling them knowingly through Koybe-inc on Ebay??

One starts wondering.

I found on other forums a lot of people with memory problems when they use the Laptop memory that describes exactly the same as above...from Dolgix

Makes one think triple before buying the stuff from both Dolgix or koybe-inc or Sunrise (own website same memory, same price) which is their other service center without address. in San Jose.

Did I just stumble upon a big knockoff scam with several "fake" or "money laundering" companies.... we should check these companies registries. And the IRS should check them as well

Just wanting to share this with you all.
#149415 by European-user1972 Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:00 pm
Well some more news,

Koybe keeps insisting that the goods will be returned first, understandable maybe, but since they have a track record of scamming, you need to send it registered, this is from most countries only available for parcels starting with 2Kg, for a few memory banks together 35g (1.2oz) this is hardly economic efficient. The scamming bastards and bitches know this.

Because the Ebay or Paypal buyer protection requires sending the items back with track and trace, this is also false security.

Remember, the scammers Koybe Inc or Koybe.com or Koybe Corp or whatever they will call themselves in the future, they know this... they know it will be expensive for everyone outside the USA to send it back using track&trace and therefore virtually nobody will do this. They will send (to keep their ratings up) to most USA clients good memory, all memory that returns anyway and the faulty ones they buy for almost nothing from Dolgix, these will be shipped to overseas destinations and this way earn more money for the factory faults..and their own pockets... for your information ..... the president of the company Koybe inc... has the next information available if you want to ask him personally:

KOYBE CORPORATION
290 E EASY ST STE 2
Simi Valley, California 93065
USA

Arumix Inc
290 E Easy St Ste 2
Simi Valley, CA 93065

This information is current as of August 20, 2012.
Company Name: KOYBE CORPORATION
Entity Type: Corporation File Number: C3016264
Filing State: California (CA)
Company Age: 5 Years, 8 Months
Principal Address:
290 E Easy Street Unit 2
Simi Valley, CA 93065

Registered Agent:
Ruchika Khattar
1960 Amberleaf Lane
Simi Valley, CA 93065

PRESIDENT
Ruchika Khattar
1960 Amberleaf Lane
Simi Valley, CA 93065

Ruchika M Khattar
Home (805) 578-0005
1846 Lakota St
Simi Valley, CA 93065-0234
Associated: Amit Singh, Manav M Khattar, Neeru Khattar

Their Ebay address (if true):
Koybe Cor
1445 E Los Angeles Avenue Ste 101
Simi Valley, California 93065 USA
(805) 304 3647 (wireless)

Address of the memory service center
OM Nanotech-Dolgix

Shiva Associates Inc.
4115 Guardian Street,
Simi Valley,CA93063
USA
Tel: +1-805 584 3200

So,... if you ever do business with these companies, make sure you pay by credit-card through paypal, then if the goods do not arrive, you can do a charge back on your credit card on the same basis as for the Ebay and Paypal buyer protection reasons. This might take much longer, but the scammers have no money as long as the claim exists with your creditcard company. The chance is much bigger your money will be returned without sending the items back (especially easy when the items never were delivered, remember that US first class mail which is used by the scammers, is not signed for by the receiver.

Disclaimer:
Please note that it is illegal to claim you did NOT receive a package when you actually did, even when the scammers cannot prove this!!! So understand that I really do NOT encourage you to do this.

So to conclude this scam report, for educational purposes, scammers can be scammed too.. read and learn.
You will never make the same mistake again.

Tags: scam, RamScam, Koybe-inc, Smileandtango, Koybe.com, US first class mail,
#149503 by Bubbles Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:52 pm
European-user1972 wrote: scammers can be scammed too.. read and learn.

Scamming scammers actually makes you no better than they are. We do NOT recommend or support scamming of any type. Do not be surprised if this topic is removed. Scamming is an illegal activity regardless who does it or for what reason.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#149598 by European-user1972 Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:50 pm
Bubbles wrote:
European-user1972 wrote: scammers can be scammed too.. read and learn.

Scamming scammers actually makes you no better than they are. We do NOT recommend or support scamming of any type. Do not be surprised if this topic is removed. Scamming is an illegal activity regardless who does it or for what reason.

Sorry if I am mistaken, but is that not exactly what I said:
Please note that it is illegal to claim you did NOT receive a package when you actually did, even when the scammers cannot prove this!!! So understand that I really do NOT encourage you to do this.

and then :
for educational purposes

So removal is of coarse to by the grace of the moderators, understand that the information I give is for educational purposes only, so that people know and realize that this is exactly the way scammers work...and that I totally agree with you that one should never scam anyone...
Of course removal of the post would be (in my opinion) a violation of the freedom of speech and preventing education of the people reading these fora, exactly the reason of this forum, isn't it??

Greetings from the scammed Koybe-inc. victims
#149735 by Bubbles Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:24 am
PM sent.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#153956 by European-user1972 Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:35 am
Hi there everyone,

Some good news and another warning:

Good news first, I was successful in getting my money back after spending $13.50 on sending my faulty RAM back with tracking to the seller, all done via the Paypal resolution center.

Then I went for a search to replace the faulty ram, on ebay...and found ALLINTHEDEAL which uses the same prices and surprisingly also operating from Simi Valley, like koybe-inc, which no says on their ebay page, as a shipping location Ventura.

Also they use the exact same text in their adds and return policies. As I read on steampile, they are scammers that send the same faulty ram...so might be actually the same persons using another alias.

The funny thing is that when you google their name (koybe-inc), this website pops up second. Allinthegame not yet, but that might change soon :twisted:

I guess the scammers also read these posts, because they changed the sending of the items from USPS First class mail, to Standard International Shipping instead, which costs more,... $5.99 now instead of $2.99 (allinthedeal same story).

Anyway, my advise is to buy elsewhere, for Europeans it might be better to buy for now less money (free shipping) in Hong Kong... same risks but better tracking options in case you need to send something back).

Good luck to you all and whenever dealing with someone online.... google first..
#153961 by TerranceBoyce Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:26 am
The company operates from a residential rental property and I note another company operates from that address called Arumix Inc, that appears to have also sold memory and furniture ?

Actually it appears that various companies use that address.

Registrant:
Arumix Inc
1960 Amberleaf Lane
Simi Valley, CA 93065
US

Domain name: SUPERSONICDEAL.COM

Administrative Contact:
Khattar, Manav
1960 Amberleaf Lane
Simi Valley, CA 93065
US
Technical Contact:
Khattar, Manav
1960 Amberleaf Lane
Simi Valley, CA 93065
US

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle