Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#8516 by Clair Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:23 am
The people behind the website www.TopQualityComp.com are running a scam out of Nigeria. The website offers great prices on computers, phones and other electronics. They claim to be located at 635 West Colorado Street. Glendale, CA 91204. USA Tel: 775-860-2644. Fax: 818-572-0301, but there is no such business at that address.

The way the scam works is you place an order online and they ask you to send money via Money Gram. Once you send the money, you will never receive the goods.

Here are some other email addresses and telephone numbers associated with this scam site.
Telephone number: 818-242-6678
Formerly were using the website: www.QualiCompCa.com
Have several ads placed around the internet, including:
http://tqcbbb.vstore.ca/
http://tqcbbb.blogspot.com/

Email addresses:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

The IP on the topqualitycomp.com emails resolves to Nigeria, according to nextwebsecurity:
Scammer Found ! (ID: 3612)
IP Block 41.219.192.0 - 41.219.255.255
Country Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Comments Starcomms Nigeria Limited
Advertisement

#13904 by search4you Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:36 pm
I have been on a search for a client on this one and I have some more info that may be value:

> Top Quality Computer
> 635 West Colorado Street #121
> Glendale, CA 91204

The address is held by an architect who denies knowing of the scam.

The moneygram goes to an "Ian Allegro"

They also are populating craigslist off and on in the last year.
#13929 by The Enchantress Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:17 am
Welcome to scamwarners search4you.

Thank You for posting this information which will alert and save others from being scammed. :=)

Note from here;

http://www.ripoffreport.com/On-Line-Stores/Top-Quality-Computer/top-quality-computer-topqual-7e783.htm

I made a purchase on TopQualityComp.com, and it turns out this website is a complete scam (note to those coming across this in a search: don't purchase anything from there!).

Unfortunately, I was stupid in sending them a wire, and am unable to dispute the transaction at this point. My goods never shipped. I am out $260. After endless contacting of the company, I have filed reports with the BBB and FTC. I have send e-mails, faxes, phone calls, and a letter to this company. Nothing.

They simply don't respond, and trying to get in contact with them simply leads to dead ends.

I did a bit more digging, and their "Testimonials" are directly pulled from other websites. They claim to have high ratings from the Better Business Bureau, but only complaints actually exist in regards to their company. Their phone number redirects to something called "CallWave". Their business address isn't even theirs, it is the address of another building they are purportedly in.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.