Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#64471 by Budaboy3 Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:47 pm
Name Used: Katty Richards (Made a mistake at the end of one email and put Mrs Jen)
Email Address: [email protected]
Fake Paypal email used: [email protected](r) (r in a circle)

Date: August 26, 2011
** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

hello,

still for sale?...

Katty

Thanks for your reply, Iam seriously interested in your listed item ,I have been trying to buy this for a very long time and its been very stressful
buying this.,.
I'm really lucky finding this at this time... i have no problem with your asking price,so I will offer you $120 so as to close other
bids as soon as possible,but i hope it's in a good condition...
I am located in Remsenburg city,NY as I'm wanting to purchase this product for my son who is studying out of state.
I have no problem with paying the money upfront into your paypal account through my paypal account since its a safe way to exchange funds....
If you have an account with paypal just get back to me with your Name and verified paypal e-mail address, and i can make your payment ASAP but if you don't have one you can log to paypal at http://www.paypal.com and easily set up your own personal account since it's free.
I want your honesty in return to my faithfulness to you during this transaction...
I would like to see more pictures please.
Your immediate response is really appreciated.
Mrs Katty

ok then get back to me with your paypal e-mail address so that i can forward it to paypal for the payments asap
thanks

Date: August 27, 2011
thanks I got it as sent...I have notified paypal immediately to make and authenticate the payments first thing by Monday morning...... paypal will send the confirmation mail to the mail you used in opening the account after deducting the funds from my account..The mail should be in your spam email or inbox,
I mean this email [email protected]
so kindly get back to me once you have seen it...
Pls dont forget to get the item packaged as you await the confirmation......
Regards

Date: August 29, 2011
The payments have been made now.Go and check the mail you
used in opening your paypal account, the confirmation mail have been sent there..
check the inbox or the Junk message you should see it there......So, pls get the postage cost to the verified address
via Post office(USPS EXPRESS MAIL) and ship out the item via EMS SPEED POST
asap cos i have told
my son to be expecting it.I have also included extra $60 for the
shipping.i think that should be enough for you to ship
Name:David Ajani
Address:#40,Williams Street
City:Abeokuta
State:Ogun
Zip Code:23439
Let me know how much it costs you to ship.After you ship get back to me
with the amount you used to ship. .I am really sorry for the inconveniences
thanks
Mrs Jen

thanks .I really appreciate your honesty.. well i will be glad
if you could ship this morning and i will be waiting for your response after shipping thanks....
Paypal awaits the shipping tracking number from you as well...and kindly ship it via Post Office (USPS EXPRESS MAIL)
the tracking you are expected to be given should be XX*******XX
hope to read from you soon
thanks

I live local but i work in NC so I’m currently in NC. This is legit. I just need someone to help me do the shipping.
I’m ready to bear the consequences if anything goes wrong. PayPal is more reliable, easy and fraud free...
Am buying it for my son...please get it sent asap before thhe end of today
thanks

Date: August 29, 1:49 AM (The fake Paypal Email)

Dear Merchant,

We have really condoned your adamant attitude concerning this transaction. YOU CANNOT BACK OUT AT THIS STAGE OF THE TRANSACTION. However, if you do not comply today,both your PayPal account and your bank account linked with it, would be unfavorably affected , in that you would have to pay a sum to the buyer for a decline of transaction. The buyer as well is disturbed and she is about to sue the PayPal Company for this whole transaction not going through because we have every process of this deal recorded at the Economic Department in the FBI.
We really need a POSITIVE RESPONSE from you as soon as possible today, or else ,we embark on our decision to deduct money from your bank account linked with your PayPal account and pay the buyer. Get to the Post Office today and get the item shipped as soon as possible today. We have been assuring her all this while and however, we WILL NOT rescind any of our actions TODAY. The shipping address is verified. Therefore, we implore you to get the item shipped as soon as possible today before noon.
Your protection is one of PayPal's biggest priorities. By using the very latest in secure technology and employing a large team of experts in all areas of online safety, PayPal continues to be a leader in safe online payments around the world.
PayPal protects her customers in ways that many other financial institutions do not. For instance, card issuers often charge for their fraud prevention tools, but at PayPal you'll find the same tools for free. Not only that, but unlike many of our competitors, PayPal's fraud experts work behind the scenes, monitoring activity and possible fraud indicators to help ensure an extremely safe network. No fraud case has occurred with us since inception because of all our safety measures taken to put smiles on the faces of all our customers world wide. You can ignore this if you like but our decision still stands.

Thanks .

Thank you for using PayPal!!!

Your Safety, Our Concern.

PayPal Account Review and Complaints Department.
Sincerely,

PayPal
Copyright © 2009-2012 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Date: August 29, 1:52 AM (a few minutes after the fake Paypal email, she emails me. Threatens that she will contact FBI)
> What are you taking about do you wanna scam me, what are you telling is
> that you don't get the confirmation of the payment in your mail as a receipt
> of the payment, why are you lying to me did you want me to loose my money ok
> i know what to do at this stage i will report you to the police ok not the
> local police FBI they will help us to settle this case.. just
> get the item shipped asap to the address given you OK
> For your information.

That was the last email she sent me because I told her that I saw her on this site. I am posting her again to show her updated email and tactics.
Advertisement

#64511 by began steele Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:18 am
Please don't tell scammers what you find out as we like to keep them ignorant. They may change the script, email addresses etc, and become harder to find. Glad you weren't conned and thanks for the info.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.