Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#190172 by Bryon Williams Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:42 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners manek333,

Your English is fine.

No there is not a way to catch these thief's. They are most likely in West Africa sitting in an Internet Cafe. They are also using fake names and free email providers.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#190173 by AlanJones Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:55 pm
manek333 wrote:email [email protected]

This is a domain that the scammer has set up specifically for the scam - please could you post the full email you received from them, including the headers (remove your personal details), so that we can report it as fraudulent.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#190251 by AlanJones Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:33 am
Email from the domain

X-Apparently-To: XXX via 188.125.85.187; Fri, 07 Feb 2014 09:33:59 +0000
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received-SPF: pass (domain of archcoalminers.org designates 209.85.220.44 as permitted sender)
X-YMailISG: KG8O.jkWLDs.8nszd4ztdOUINQVk2CsPXsTjLMRGPkJ9EyGl
IEiTHunaJJ28.f87AMiigxj55aHWE6xo.6bdNk65a2sYrLYY4HTSB9H0mCbR
biqHI8AMlhNxRhu9fD8sCmzqKV_Hdb6vFQ4AgH.BEI9W0xTyenjsqfcPMLd4
S3MnKQvq6RwvPlPn2ErXvWlDdHAb1zJu1bv_5CSzbhxsiC5i03v7uZoT_JLM
rnP0ugDEDf3qLghE7JH3LXuaZ14MfmNxA6qTIuH8DROLUmmlOIi.s25Fz5lR
0Gihmx6JTtBeHaUM63LxvbTLleYOe990BGARINHSF82wy7ew8RkBj3vJGQkh
5s0mc3n0UVpnbETcfhalF6QApKw2Me8QTPLC4UhtjhFeZUCrNKkDQ7.mXo_Y
MiRBmq69fp.CE7kOelEDpx6M4daHBhQNuwNnYPXagNaWYeoTaa4sTBy8CR_9
YoENjG_LFAvwGXsT.m0clDnDDZX6wXbwRTsGHjZLUJ6wsRmxy7e49W_Vb2Td
V5pGqw2RfByqcBCPMD7xbtYgi87YwJCIRE9vlyTtC_8X5SEN1j6j2jN8uaN7
WaQvepMcWAaABLuUSfYjfMOuNS8WJ_6ZXLK8Q8DpgkAPeVXGXfkonMxc_7eP
rMbLsTRFLlPkb3ZdSG.PmTF10MkkOybb7D3F2tdeQD7C3dMaBizNnQZonZfC
lqP95ZilEUC_YIsqEPzSfVV5MpLz91CXLGRcIBb4HnCzAHcKwdvgy_EbqrkQ
esJXjzvKYFaBBNN.2TdNKrGOzVJXVbcA4Jd1.tTrqRwo7TzDcU_eVhxcBSQ6
XWaBPYLYLIiRYk.8CfnsO0bJXe2nEdAxvaSrAmTt77hUctdTQ3SKgIsLEfEa
EkteAthOEOqPe7p2QA8_dhBeVLXJ75P7fXphP7e89dQzREuAV6RV5oGv16z7
j49Hh2plaOwZrBTDpKslgPz_NVFL0nm8MP8rs3tWQiJZcQViSdQCP1lL6Tfd
kgUMeq9zIpLkPgy3SxhhalunStDJf_9SfOOK4NhuBRA8IHTGiSVrVnckkf3S
jLu.hbyjmjgKeT6YRvAcQMUVFlMLIEULyPIL5EMFoecNB9dSBZ7vcOYbNL22
BZclZtgOjJV0BaIpVPJQsE9TXEZbZAcjuJ8m18mmpTL8qWvNVvC8wiPENEiw
nwT6CzpHxHMY3yOb_LPkiZKUfdtGr3VvYhqzcQnbv3joi9spr0yBLRN5BoNc
mMgp5lzXmXjIYN3tlItOAWUg9ZdcGu3at1lrPL36sRnyWW_XnJdql53w82Za
KfFzDEW40qknuECPGHd9umFjL4QkBCmdH4UNJyEZK.yp4499R9b3XxjOPcwY
_OQodmRcpjBmbvuptxehLyW9PNwJOgMyzn2zvFlvEXg39Tjrr.7Fl.tFPaal
t1dZsm0oI1qMI6GtIoyrRsT.SFpTY8E-
X-Originating-IP: [209.85.220.44]
Authentication-Results: mta1194.mail.ir2.yahoo.com from=archcoalminers.org; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=archcoalminers.org; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO mail-pa0-f44.google.com) (209.85.220.44)
by mta1194.mail.ir2.yahoo.com with SMTPS; Fri, 07 Feb 2014 09:33:59 +0000
Received: by mail-pa0-f44.google.com with SMTP id kq14so2951385pab.17
for <XXX>; Fri, 07 Feb 2014 01:33:57 -0800 (PST)
X-Google-DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=1e100.net; s=20130820;
h=x-gm-message-state:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date
:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;
bh=ZTVQHr+sM5L0OW8+2W5JsX2Zccn2kzYvFsI9PI+lia4=;
b=fx9v4kVqTMxeIhRUoyLKn3ZgLIhwoSJTrvzW6j7XdxvoZbWGM8Nrc+YwEIH49uoeou
p+Pdi4k97/+8E0Sd1jG51hqUIKo1oVk390H+8DsWOF7V91xP+zm/zJlULzubni/SnDDL
SOp+OqPXifE9F5UvpNEYuX9cl+YqntjvoGx0bzi5an9qkYCv+53gkz8H3So8M7vOmZGp
zF0zpfMVrLNt4HrS6rj4upclpy3KFG61Po4bZpNE6J0MbBbmjKZnUxy2UawHwjRzWm3L
S8oaoixGgnLxwO534bqtjBETEinpgs7ouQyLhD78aEUWYPpHYuDsQBTM1brQGwAeS3Wz
kYXA==
X-Gm-Message-State: ALoCoQn6MepkQFWPfn0ihihSZGorfFjRdcYRUVa7NcuoTbOOZotwH3SzKpyFCHW4vDj4Kv089Qqb
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Received: by 10.66.221.103 with SMTP id qd7mr6522122pac.44.1391765636951;
Fri, 07 Feb 2014 01:33:56 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.68.72.201 with HTTP; Fri, 7 Feb 2014 01:33:56 -0800 (PST)
X-Originating-IP: [123.136.106.43]
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 17:33:56 +0800
Message-ID: <CAMpYALLo63_rM7Eu22utH3e=cegZtdrcFY5F34DZ1_PrbNxmDg@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: Re:
To: XXX
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=047d7b5dbaa266c80304f1cdb0ea
Content-Length: 2653

Dear XXX,

I am very interested in purchasing your Car from you. present I am currently out of town due to the work I do presently in Silesia,Poland, I will not be able to come personally. However,What I will do is transfer you the amount through PayPal and also any additional transfer charges. I will cover everything so you don't have to worry. I will send a private Pick Up courier company which will come to pick up from the address you will provide to me once you receive and Confirm the payment funds into your account, My shipping agent will handle everything perfectly With my Pick Up Company including any Document and others, whenever they come for the pick up after you received and confirmed the total funds into your PayPal account.I have provided you with my information below:

Move In Address : Kilsgärdesvägen ,Storvreta, Uppsala

If don't have one ,can easily register one www.paypal.com, In order for me to make the payment I need the following information from you:

Name :
Your PayPal e-Mail Address :
Amount :
Phone Number :

Look forward to your prompt reply,
Kind regards.

Henri.

ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:Header Analysis Quick Report<br>Originating IP: 123.136.106.43
Originating ISP: U Mobile Sdn Bhd
City: Kuala Lumpur
Country of Origin: Malaysia
* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline

The domain is being reported for fraud.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#190476 by essj17 Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:52 pm
Hi,

Just got this through - thank goodness for this website making me wise to it!!!

I am assuming this is the same type of thing, although he also says he could pay straight into my back account? How should I respond to him?

First message:

'Hi, I saw your van advert,Is it still available? what's your lowest price? Awaits your immediately'

My response:

'We have just had new radiator, new clutch and new brake pads put on
and going to renew tax for 6 months for new owner so lowest would be £4500'

His response:
'Hello,
Thanks for the reply.I'm pleased with your price of 4500 and i want you to get back to me with more pictures of the (interior,engine and the exterior) of this vehicle (if available) because i won't be able to come for the inspection due to the nature of my work.Am buying it for my holiday cos I'll be coming soon from our rig as am an engineer and am on a rig offshore.As for the payment..i can only pay via the fastest and secure way to pay online (PayPal) here,pls get back to me with your PayPal details and in case you don't have,you can also get back to me with your bank details so i can proceed with payment and contact the courier agent that will come to pick it up and deliver it in my place,and With the issue of my details,transferring the name of ownership and signing of all paperwork will be done by the courier services company agent so you don't have to worry about that. I await to hear from you soon.'
#190478 by AlanJones Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:30 pm
essj17 wrote:I am assuming this is the same type of thing, although he also says he could pay straight into my back account? How should I respond to him?

Any payment you receive will be fraudulent and end up being reversed by your bank.

The best thing to do is just delete his mails and block him. No one buys cars without viewing them first - so if the buyer isn't interested in viewing they aren't legititmate.

#190565 by AlanJones Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:49 am
The scammers are using the email address [email protected] to send their fake PayPal emails

You've received a payment
Dear XXX,

Henry fuechtmann just sent you money with PayPal.

Reversals : This method of payment can not be reversed.

Status : Pending - Courier Transport Company Awaiting Payment.

Seller Protection - Eligible

Payment details
Sent from

Sent to

[email protected]

XXX
XXX
Sent on
10 Feb 2014
Transaction ID

Good amount

Additional pick up fee

Money transfer charges

Goods Description

Sub total

Payment method 9V3298616G137294V

15,500.00 DKK

4,000.00 DKK

300.00 DKK

Automobile

19,800.00 DKK

Automobile Purchase
Message in your payment email Hi, I'm pleased to have bought your Car and have paid via PayPal as requested.Henri.

Important Notice:

This Payment has been successfully processed and approved. You will receive another message shortly, this will give the directive on how to complete the transaction and due to the fact that this transaction is subjected to be a Payment for AUTOMOBILE purchased from you, we reserve the right to make sure this transaction is safe and also verify the legitimacy level because a huge amount of money is involved

Have you increased your withdrawal and receiving limits? Just log in to your PayPal account, go to the Account Overview page, and click View Limits.
Yours sincerely,
PayPal

Help Center | Resolution Center | Security Center

Copyright © 1999-2014 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (United States) Ltd. is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the Europe as an electronic money institution.

PayPal Pte. Ltd., the Holder of the PayPal stored value facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Consumers (users) are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully.

PayPal FSA Register Number: 226056.
PayPal Email ID PP530.

PayPal is ready to work for you

Hello XXX,

You have received a PayPal Payment of 19,800.00 DKK from Henry fuechtmann ( [email protected])

A temporary hold has been placed on transfer activation for this transaction.

As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and as per New PayPal Payment Policy,We have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer's account which included the Transport/Delivery Charges (WORLD WIDE COURIER).

In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your PayPal Account.We advice you to deposit the excess sum of 4,300.00 DKK which includes the Bank Transfer Charges to the Transport Agent Bank Account Provided for us by the Payee and send us a Scanned Copy/Photograph of Deposit Bank Receipt (in .JPG Format).

NOTE: This is important, As a security measure to ensure safety and faster processing of this transaction Please ensure when sending the payment, the transfer service option should be Express, Express Money Transfer will be faster for both parties & will help us to verify and process your payment into your PayPal account.

Please,Find below the Bank Information of the Transport Agent where the Funds would be deposited.

Transport Company: " WORLD WIDE COURIER "

Holders Name : Liew Pow,
Bank Name: Hong Leong Bank
Account Number : 270-50-12475-7
Swift Code : HLBBMYKL
Bank Address: No.2, Jalan Puteri 2/4
Bandar Puteri
Puchong 47100
Selangor
Malaysia.

Bank Details - Confirmed

Your Account will be credited accordingly upon the receipt of details requested. Should either be sent in JPG format or as an attached File.

invoicing Online Checkout
PayPal Here PayPal Payments Debit Card
Mobile Solutions

Enjoy all the perks of PayPal Payments

Online checkout is just one of the features you get with PayPal Payments. Check out the rest.

You may contact PayPal customer service by Clicking Here or reply to this message directly using the reply button in your email to submit the required information and include either transactions.

Copyright ©1999-2014 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

PayPal Email ID PP530.

Bank account has been reported

From Henri Fuechtmann
Dear XXX,

I have just completed the payment,And you should have received a confirmation email from paypal in regards to the payment.If you could please re-send me the address to where i will send the courier company for the pick up,After you received and confirmed the total funds into your PayPal Account,So that i can provide them with it.The company that I will be dealing with is wwc(World Wide Courier) I have dealt with them many times before and found them to be very efficient & Reliable.

As you may have noticed I have made an additional payment on top of all the other charges,The sum of 4,000dkr including the Transfer charges of 300.00dkr. This needs to be sent to the courier company which can easily be done through Online Banking or Bank Deposit to the shipping agent Bank Account. This is their requested form of payment when it comes to dealing with international exchanges.Upon receiving the payment they will arrange to pick up within the next 48 hours. They will probably call you and choose the date the pick up will be made,Which reminds me if you could also send me your contact number again i will forward it to them so they can arrange a convenient pick up time.

The Shipping agent fees will have to be sent to the wwc(World Wide Courier)Bank account which you will need to do, However as you see you will be reimbursed as soon as the funds will clear through paypal.

The amount that I have just transferred to you is on hold through paypal as they need the Bank Deposit receipt to confirm the courier company has been paid.Once they received that then the payment will be cleared into your paypal account.Just to reassure you that the amount has already left my PayPal account and simply being held by PayPal until the transaction is completed successfully.

Here is The information you need in order to complete the payment via Online Bank or Bank Deposit listed below:

Holders Name : Liew Pow,
Bank Name: Hong Leong Bank
Account Number : 270-50-12475-7
Swift Code : HLBBMYKL
Bank Address: No.2, Jalan Puteri 2/4
Bandar Puteri
Puchong 47100
Selangor
Malaysia.

Thanks for the understanding and co-operating in the matter.Please transfer the money as soon as possible so that we can arrange everything without delay.(don't forget I need the pick-up address and also if you could provide me with your phone number too that will be great)Nice doing business with you. Look forward to hearing from you soon and completing our deal.

Thanks,
Kind regards.
Henri..

#192155 by chenry Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:20 am
Just about caught by "phillip Edwards" text from 17023299329 email [email protected]

email that was sent after my first contact.

Hi thanks for getting back to me and do as well advise on the least amount you will like to give it away,can you assure me that i will not be disappointed with it. I'm ready to pay your asking price,i am buying it for this year,but i just want you to assure me very well on this.But the issue is that I'm very busy for now and am not around so my agent will be coming for the pick up after the payment have been made to you and he will be present for all necessary thing that is needed. Due to my job, there is strictly no call that is why am texting you our satellite server has been down due to work. But I'm able to access my mail anytime as i will make use of wireless laptop.i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it

My Mode of payment is via PayPal,but i have it attached to my Bank account and this is why i insisted on using paypal to pay. I will be responsible for all the paypal fee/charges on this transaction and i will like you to get back to me with more pics if available, if you don't have an account with paypal, its pretty easy, safe and secured to open one.Just log on to http://www.paypal.ca
I hope we can make the purchase as fast as possible. I have a mover that will be coming for the pick up once the payment clears and they will be handling the title for me. So i look forward to hear from you soon.Kindly get back to me with your

PayPal E-Mail Address:

Many Thanks
#192158 by TerranceBoyce Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:38 am
Welcome to Scamwarners chenry.

You can make calls from the Space Station and prison so, unless he's being held prisoner in North Korea his claim sounds unlikely, especially as he obviously has an internet connection to look up your item.

He knows his accent will give him away and if he speaks Pidgin English it's unlikely you'll understand much of what he says. Scammer groups share these messages between each other because they know they work and they believe they make them sound plausible. They know it puts a picture in your mind of a regular local buyer but speaking on the phone will blow that illusion.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#207386 by Tony Oz Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:27 am
Well I just got the strange email wanting to buy my car using payment to paypal etc. Thankfully, you good people gave me the warning I needed to not go anywhere with this - it sounded tempting but certainly strange and I was very suspicious. Lucky I checked. Here is what I received from 'Mike Wolfe':

"Hi thanks for mailing back, Great it's still up...are those pics posted the present condition,i will also like to know if you are the first owner...am ok with the price and the condition,am buying it for my holiday,because i'll be coming soon from our rig.I'm a petroleum project engineer on a rig offshore,i won't be able to come for the inspection due to the nature of my work,i would have love to call in person but we have call restriction due to bad weather condition our satellite server has been down.I will be paying you through PayPal the safe and easy way to pay online..Kindly get back to me with your PayPal details(name and email address) so i can proceed with the payment, but If you don't have a PayPal account you can easily set up one just log on to www.paypal.com and sign up as its very easy.. I will contact the courier agent who will come to pick it up and deliver it in my place.Await your reply.

Mike."

Well, unfortunately for 'Mike' he won't be hearing from me again!! Keep up the good work guys - its nice to know there are good people out there helping others!