Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#9303 by baldmanlance Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:30 am
what can we do to them? Can we send them a computer virus? I am waiting for a reply back from one of the 2 scam scums that replied to my Craigslist ad. All I want is my money in 5's and 10's. :bondage:
Advertisement

#9304 by Ralph Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:07 am
Hi BaldmanLance
Welcome to Scamwarners

I fully understand your frustration but we can not and will not condone the sending of virus' to Scammers, some people have done this in the past and it only causes harm to Innocent third parties.

Scammers use computers in Internet cafes mostly, so when you infect a computer you will only be hurting the cafe owner who in most cases is innocent, further, scammers will send these same virus' to other people such as their victims or anybody who may have upset them, for instance, the people here at Scamwarners

There are other more effective ways and safer legal ways I will add, to slow down their ability to scam

If you are interested in this you may want to visit our sister site www,419eater.com

You could also post as many details as possible about the scam which will act as a warning to others and give potential victims something to search on if the get suspicious

Finnaly, tell your family and friends about your experince, public education remains our best weopon in our fight against scams

If you have any other questions, please dont hesitate to ask
#9305 by baldmanlance Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:57 am
well, I received an e-mail from [email protected],
How are you doing? Well, i just wanna know maybe you still got the
above item available for sale?

I responded and said yes. never heard back from him. then I got an e-mail from,
Hello Good day, do you still have the above item available for slae?

I said yes I do.

Hello, thanks for getting back to me well i got interest in purchasing
ya item but i'll like to issue out check to you as my mood of payment
for now so if you want me to purchase the item from ya you can get
back to me with information to write on the check like Name, Address,
Zip-code, state and ya contact cell # in case when my shipper'll be
coming for the pickup of the item in ya location......Plz, get back to
me asap..Thank

I told him that I would hold onto the car until the check clears or he could write a friend a check and pay cash which I prefer. Then....

alrite i gonna wait for the check to clear b4 any further transaction
just get back to me with the information to write on the check..Thanks

I then told him that I would like to do the transaction in cash via 5's and 10's when the shipper arrives. I am now waiting for the reply. This is not my first time with a scam. I have dealt with them on puppy scams. which ended with them threatening to harm me. Which I told him to come and try it.
#9306 by Ralph Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:54 am
Thanks for posting the extra detail

I have been trying a couple of differnt seacrhes on the detail provided and so far not able to tell you to much. is that axactly how the emails came to you? wishful thinking that wasn't the case.

It's a cheque scam where you will be required to pay funds drawn on a fake check, the checks may well pass the provisional clearance after 5 days but just because you have access to the money doesn't mean they are good

Banks can take months to confirm a fake cheque and when they do they will be expecting you to repay every last cent plus some

You may also like to try these links for more advise

http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams
warnings and advise on this site

http://www.fraudguides.com/internet-cra ... -scams.asp
another good guide
Last edited by Ralph on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
#9307 by baldmanlance Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:03 am
Yes that is the exact wording I cut and pasted the e-mails I am thinking that the 2 know each other because I did not get a reply back from Vincent but Benson Collen was right after him. And they have the same spelling and word usage.
#9309 by Ralph Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:24 am
Yes, the auction scammers change their email addresses often but the script normally stays the same, it can be a dead giveaway in most cases, just not this time, mind you, it is late and I am struggling to keep my eyes open :wink:

Ask anything you want to know, somebody will always be close by here :wink:
#10437 by Ralph Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:35 am
Arizona, that is actually great advice, thank you,

I do wish you would NOT spam our site with your advertising though :wink:
Last edited by Ralph on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
#10438 by AlanJones Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:43 am
^^^ It's good advice because you wrote it (about 3 posts up!)

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#10440 by Ralph Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:58 am
Well, I do believe in the advice I give :lol:

Also pointed out a typo that I have now fixed :wink: