Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#68087 by BooneDog Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:47 am
Here is the email of the person trying to get money from people off of Craigslist last weekend. As you can see I kinda played stupid with him/her. I also knew something was up for trying to sell this RV for such a low price when it should be worth around $25,000 and it must have been flagged fast since it disappeared in about an hour. Read the emails from the bottom up so to make more sense. :lol:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 6:33 PM
Subject: RE: 1998 Gulf Stream Ultra
To: @gmail.com

eBay will set up the payment method. In order to secure the transaction, they will not provide me with these types of information. This is not my call to choose the way the payment will be send. You'll receive all the details regarding this issue as soon as I will register the sale with them.

In order to step forward, I have to register the transaction with eBay so I need your contact details, full name and shipping address. They will provide you right away with all the details (delivery and payment information). Please tell me if you're still interested.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 18:02:37 -0700

Subject: Re: 1998 Gulf Stream Ultra

To: [email protected]

OK, I posted the $2,800.00 in USA funds to Pay Pal. Please ship as soon as you can.

Regards

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Francis Warnick <[email protected]> wrote:

The VIN is 1FDCE40S0VHA55124. Let me explain you the process..

It will be shipped from Havre, MT and I'll pay the delivery costs. After they will receive your amount, they will give me the OK to start the shipping process and I'll do it in the same day if possible. You'll have five days for inspection. Only after you'll receive, inspect and agree with the RV, eBay will release the money to me.
eBay has a Return Policy available for the transactions, if the RV is not as I described it or you'll find something wrong with it (which I don't think so), the total amount will be refunded by eBay and I will pay the shipping back.

Tell me if you are still interested and I will contact eBay regarding our transaction. In order to do that I need your contact details, full name and shipping address. They will send you all the details (delivery and payment information).

----- Original Message -----
To: Francis Warnick
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 1:38 AM

Can you please send me the VIN #, my sister lives in Big Sandy and is willing to take a look at it and pay you cash if it all checks out. Please let me know if she can come by tomorrow to look at and let me know what your phone is and provide directions to where it is located.

Thanks!

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Francis Warnick <[email protected]> wrote:

I live in Havre, MT, I've just moved and the RV is here with me. It has clean title, cleared of any obligations or fees (no lien).

I want to close this deal through eBay. It will be shipped from Havre and I'll pay the delivery costs. It will arrive at your address in 3-5 days, then you'll have 5 days for inspection. I'll start the shipping process in the same day with the payment confirmation. eBay will keep the paid amount until you'll receive, inspect and agree with the RV. This is their policy regarding this type of transactions.

Tell me if you are still interested and I will contact eBay regarding our transaction. In order to do that I need your contact details, full name and shipping address. They will send you all the details (delivery and payment information).

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 1:21 AM

Hi Francis, I would like to come look at it, please let me know where I can do that.

Thanks!

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Francis Warnick <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

I appreciate your interest regarding my Gulf Stream Ultra.
I will sell it for $2,800. The price includes shipping and insurance to your address.
Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks
Last edited by Michael on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removal personal data
Advertisement