Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#95236 by PW64 Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:42 am
Hi Bubbles, I did give both the name and email address (Sarah Neale - [email protected] )used by the scammers in my report above. I did not see the point in relisting all the other wording as it is identical to that already shown in several places on your site and even the bank account name and details are already shown on your site.

I am aware that Western Union etc. were/are the favourite choice of the scammers but most people are hopefully now wise to that and to use a large bank does definately make the transaction sound much more genuine.

Edited out comments which are beyond the scope of ScamWarners. PM sent to Member. ~Bubbles
Advertisement

#105832 by macB Thu May 31, 2012 10:54 pm
I've just been had on this Ebay Motor scam. The ad for a Benz CL500 was on a site www.28car.com in Hong Kong. All looked genuine enough and I and seriously kicking myself for not checking this site or others Send HKD30,000 (around 2,400 pounds) to, again, Barclays Bank. The account holder is Jurgi Goldberg. Seller was Frank Young claiming to have moved to the UK and needed to sell...blah, blah, blah. Have reported to ActionFraud already but sure that's the last I will see of my cash.

However, I am stringing the scammer along though as I have said I want to pay the other half of the money now. He has sent a different bank as he said this 'Ebay agent' was newly assigned. Then, once the cash is received the car can be delivered via DAS. I am thinking to send a dummy bank receipt to keep him active at the bank. Does anyone have any idea how the bank or Police could catch him/her now, if he is still checking for the money receipt

Any advise appreciated. Not expecting money back but at least to get them caught

Thks
#105834 by macB Thu May 31, 2012 10:58 pm
Just another note. I have looked up the domain support-ebay.com and found the owner details. Would this be the scammer (unlikely) ? So, how does the scammer use this domain?
#105910 by paulhes Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:44 am
macB wrote:Just another note. I have looked up the domain support-ebay.com and found the owner details. Would this be the scammer (unlikely) ? So, how does the scammer use this domain?

it's uses that domain to send fake ebay invoices of payment !

the scammer has bought the domain either with a paypal account or with a stolen credit card or has paid for it using one of the bank account that the scammer is using to steal peoples moneys ...
#113062 by wizzy12 Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:35 pm
Twice in 2 weeks, have I answered an ad for x 2 different caravans, being sold by x2 different account sellers, and I have received an email off [email protected] Twice I have reported it to Ebay, I also stated to Ebay today, that I think the press would be interested in this, perhaps we should contact the press, and then maybe something would be done about this situation that people are facing. I have posted about this scam on facebook, to hopefully stop it happening to someone else
#113110 by Bubbles Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:46 am
I like the way you are thinking wizzy12. The only way to really stop scammers is to educate the public about them and for people to recognize the scams and not fall for them. This is one of the goals of our site here, to educate and warn about scams.

You will do a great service to warn all of your friends and family about scams and they way they function. :)

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#117256 by wizzy12 Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:54 am
Have also posted this on Facebook again, please can everyone that knows about them if they have a facebook account, let all your friends and the police know
#117301 by angii Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:13 am
wizzy12 wrote:They are also using this email address [email protected] they are advertising Caravans on GumTree,

My friend and I were looking at Narrowboats one came up from a Private auction on Ebay guess who the email name was from
[email protected]

After many passing emails back and forth we decided to contact the police and also Ebay fingers cross that something will be done about these people.

Also after reading on here everything seems to be coming out of Scotland Dundee for all or most of the address'
Maybe someone should get in touch with the Scottish police or MP's
They then sent me a link to a private listing page on Ebay (looks authentic but it is fake), I have contacted ebay and YES it is FAKE
#117326 by wizzy12 Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:16 pm
If you read some other threads they are using many different email address's, but the content of their email is near enough the same every time, and it always states that there are in Scotland and you can't view due to work commitments. Yet again I have posted all of this on facebook, plus I have sent the information again to the police.
We have come accross this 3 times in a few weeks, they are doing this big style, and they need to be caught quickly
#123513 by melonfarmer Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:32 pm
Just a follow up to a previous post: I fell for this scam and transferred cash to a Barclays bank account that was being operated fraudulently. Barclays wash their hands off the whole situation claiming it is not their responsibility (Money Laundering Regulations anyone?).

However, I have made a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman. I read today, in the context of the Santander "free forever" shambles, that the bank that is being complained about has to pay an admin fee (though sadly not to a Nigerian uncle) of £500.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19506634

The "Neale" scams seem to always be through Barclays so if you are a victim, please follow it through to the Financial Ombudsman (if you are UK based).

Barclays may begin to take this seriously once they have paid the £500 fee a few hundred times :roll: .
#149938 by James49 Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:45 am
melonfarmer wrote:

Barclays may begin to take this seriously once they have paid the £500 fee a few hundred times :roll: .

Unfortunately, in reality the FOS £500 fee will not hurt them as they can claim it back as an expence via tax (my daughter works for an insurance broker who thinks that the FOS is toothless)

It annoys me that Barclays host all of these accounts :evil: :evil: