Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#70575 by payner Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:44 pm
Thanks so much for this site it was easy to verify that the dick-head that was trying to scam me used the same name.
Carnen Forsthye is a scammer on Craigslist from overseas. He wont' tell you right away,but later he will let you know he's in London and that's where he wants his overpayment return send. I hope someone else can look him up and find this site. Thankfully I let him know he wouldn't be scamming me. He had the same email as is listed in this site. See below: He has multiple names when he emails, but uses the same address as you can see my list below. He may also list as Carmen, as well as Carnen. He keeps asking for the refund of his fake Money orders, so I told him he can pick them up when he picks the items up. Here's one of his email responses.
Hi,
Thanks for the response.I am willing to pay your asking price.I will pay you with money order as its the only way i can pay you at the moment due to the fact that i am away for a family emergency.I will make arrangement for the pick-up after payment have been received by you. I dont mind adding an extra $20 just for you to keep it in my favor.Reply with your full name and address where payment should be sent,and a phone number where i can reach you.Please take the posting off craigslist today and consider it sold to me.
Expecting to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Look for these email addresses especially on Craigslist
CARTER MARTINEZ [[email protected]]
Carnen Forsthye [[email protected]]
Advertisement

#73155 by angerymama4 Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:21 am
I too was almost scammed by this person i got that exact email fallowed by this one
"I have given my assistant the go ahead to mail payment to you.You should receive payment within the coming week.Once payment is received we can proceed with the pickup.Thanks for your understanding and patience.
Let me know as soon you receive it.
Thanks."
and then again with this one
"I urgently have to bring something to your notice. I just found out that my Assistant overpaid you. The payment meant for another transaction was made out in your name and sent to you. However I want to believe I wont have a problem with you on this. Once you receive the payment, Please proceed to the bank and cash the payment, deduct your money and send back the balance to me via western union. So I can proceed with arrangement for pick-up. Once more, I hope I can fully trust you with this? I will await your response on this so my mind can be at rest."
DO NOT ACCEPT ANY MONEY ORDERS FROM ANY OF THESE PEOPLE to the previous poster thank you so much without your post i would not have know so thank you thank you

Sincerely one angry mama
Last edited by Bubbles on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quote boxes for readability.
#73208 by Bubbles Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:15 am
Welcome to ScamWarners angerymama4. This is what our site is about, helping people to keep from getting scammed or helping people get away from scammers.

Thank you for positng the emails you received. As you have figured out, the checks would be forgeries and you would have difficulties with the bank and police if you did cash / deposit the check. I hope you have stopped communicating with the scammer.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#81231 by demeulenaere Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:43 pm
I wish I found this much sooner, though I figured out the scam prior to being scammed...it has been a long drawn out issue...So the posted emails are identical...My initial email was from someone named George Greggs...then every other email was from Andre Pekins. I actually got to the point where he sent me two 925 dollar Money orders for a 45 dollar purchase. (they looked authentic to me) I actually did receive the name to send the return money order as John Pekin in London, which when I googled the location showed a law school.

NAME OF RECEIVER: JOHN PEKINS
ADDRESS: 5 Westminster Bridge Road,
CITY: LONDON
ZIP CODE: SE1 7XW

The Money orders came in an envelope with no return address, but had Middlesex, MA as the stamp of where it came from...I did a search on inforegistry who found a John Pekins based out of Franklin, MA...which doesn't seem too far from Franklin...I haven't taken this further, but thought I would share with this group.
#112810 by aScionsEnd Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:23 pm
Just received the same exact scam on craigslist. I recieved the first email from
"williams wendy [email protected] via craigslist.org "
within an hour of creating the post on new haven, ct craigslist. Soon after I received the same email as above posted by Andre Pekins
"ANDRE PEKINS [email protected]

9:01 PM (20 minutes ago)

to me
Hi,
Thanks for the response.I am willing to pay your asking price.I will pay you with money order as its the only way i can pay you at the moment due to the fact that i am away for a family emergency.I will make arrangement for the pick-up after payment have been received by you. I dont mind adding an extra $20 just for you to keep it in my favor.Reply with your full name and address where payment should be sent,and a phone number where i can reach you.Please take the posting off craigslist today and consider it sold to me.
Expecting to hear from you soon.

Regards,"

Thnks scamwarners, wish there was something we can do to make these bastards pay.
#116084 by Rokoz Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:35 am
He sent me a money order as well, as long as I don't cash it, I will be okay right? I was selling my watch
#116369 by Rokoz Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:14 pm
HI
INFACT THIS IS A MESSAGE OF WHICH AM USING TO

EXPRESS MY NEGATIVE FEELING TOWARD YOU HAVE

COMPLETELY MAKE THINGS BAD NOW MY SHIPPER ALSO

HAVE SOME OTHER ITEMS TO PICK UP FOR ME IN YOUR

AREA AND THE SHIPPING COMPANY HAS ALREADY MAKE

ARRANGEMENT WITH THE OTHER SELLER OF
THE ITEMS THAT THEY ARE COMING TOMORROW FOR THE

PICK UP AND THE SHIPPER IS GOING TO USE THE EXTRA

MONEY WITH YOU FOR THE SHIPPING FUNDS SINCE THE

PAYMENT AS BEEN DEDUCT IN MY COMPANY ACCOUNT,NOW

TELL ME HOW THE SHIPPING COMPANY CAN NOW COME FOR

THE PICK WHEN THE MONEY TO USE FOR THE SHIPPING IS

STILL WITH YOU?GENTLEMAN I NOW GIVE YOU THE
CHANCE OF TODAY FOR YOU TO MAKE SURE YOU DEDUCT

YOUR MONEY FOR THE ITEM AND ALSO $50 FOR YOUR

RUNING AROUND AND HAVE THE BALANCE SENT TO
MY SHIPPER TODAY BY WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER

IN CASH, BUT IF BY THE END OF TODAY I DO NOT READ

FROM YOU THAT YOU HAVE SENT THE EXTRA MONEY TO MY

SHIPPER THEN I BELIEVE YOU WANTED TO CHEAT ME ,AND

EXPECT MY LAWYER /THE FBI POLICE IN YOUR

HOUSE,.DONT EVER FORGET AM WITH YOUR CONTACT

ADDRESS AND I CAN DO SOMETHING SILLY SHOWING YOU

THAT AM OLD ENOUGH TO TEACH YOU A LESSON IN LIFE

AND MAKE YOU SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IN JAIL

BUT YOU STILL HAVE THE CHANCE OF TODAY FOR YOU TO

MAKE SURE YOU SEND THE MONEY TO MY SHIPPER
,.GET BACK TO ME WITH THE WESTERN UNION

INFORMATION WHEN YOU SEND THE
MONEY TO MY SHIPPER ANXIOUSLY, WAITING TO RECEIVE

THE WESTERN UNION INFORMATION TODAY

Today I received this from the same email.
#116375 by Rokoz Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:35 pm
This is my first run in with a scam, I'm seventeen and was simply trying to sell my old watch. I will do as you say and continue to ignore it. Thanks again for all the help!