Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#73261 by Zebra Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:15 am
Scammer should be already known, however: this scammer will write you, after you sent him an email with your PayPal contact details, an email which looks like it is from PayPal, containing a "successfull transfer" of the money you have asked for your item. You can simply check this by login in your PayPal account, there will be no transferred money.

Original message after buyout:

Hello,i just won your item on eBay and i did beleive that it's in good condition as was listed,so kindly send more of the pictiures to my mail at [email protected] ,furthermore,am an oceanographer and am currently at sea at the moment, i bought the item as a gift for my Uncle and also pls confirm your paypal email address for immediate payment' Therefore,i have a pick up agent that will come around to pick the item up from your location. Thanks.

After that, I got another message:

Pls,can you confirm your paypal email address now to my mail at [email protected] for immediate payment as well. Thanks.

Don't fall for this, just don't answer his emails, withdraw his purchase and report him to ebay.

I took out the brackets so email address is easier for search engines to find. ~Bubbles
Advertisement

#73309 by Bubbles Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 am
Welcome to ScamWarners Zebra and thank you for posting this information. You have given some good information.

Scammers do spoof emails from PP to make their scams seem legitimate and that money has been placed in your account. They are lying.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#73335 by Zebra Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:48 am
You're welcome, you guys do a great job here.
Last edited by Bubbles on Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed direct quote of post above.