Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#74679 by andrea94235 Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:09 am
hi i am selling my car and i got a email from someone who wants to buy it. he sent me a check but it was for more than i told him the car cost and he said to just send him back the extra after i cash it. i havent cashed it yet. he also said that i need to ship the car to him because he is out of the country on business. he said to use eagle shipment company to send the car because it is the only one that will bring cars into his country. the hole thing feels kinda weird, can you help me? thank you in advanse. :)

this is eagle shipment companys web site
http://eagleshipmentgh.com
Advertisement

#74681 by Justin Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:45 am
Hello andrea94235!

THIS IS A SCAM! It is a clasic overpayment check scam. Do not cash the check it is written from a stollen account. It would initially clear because banks are required by law to do so. Later your bank would notify you the check was bad and you would be responsible to pay back the money including the money that was sent to the scammer.

The website they gave you is fake. It was created only a few weeks ago and registered for only one year. Very common for scammers sites. Just stop all communication with the scammer and he will eventually give up and go away.

Glad you got suspicious! Can you please post all the scammers details like his email address and phone number if he gave you one. It will help others avoid the scammer.

Justin

#74682 by Helen Halper Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:46 am
Welcome to Scamwarners, andrea94235!

This is a complete scam. Either rip up the cheque or write fake on it in big letters and save it for a reminder of how you didn't get scammed.

The "shipping company" website is also fake...

=-=-=-=
Visit AboutUs.org for more information about eagleshipmentgh.com

href="http://www.aboutus.org/eagleshipmentgh.com">AboutUs: eagleshipmentgh.com

Registration

Service Provided By: Namecheap.com
Visit:

http://namecheap.com

Domain name: eagleshipmentgh.com

Registrant Contact:
WhoisGuard
WhoisGuard

Protected ()

Fax:
11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90064
US

Administrative

WhoisGuard
WhoisGuard Protected

([email protected])
+1.6613102107
Fax: +1.6613102107
11400 W.

Olympic Blvd. Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90064
US

Technical Contact:
WhoisGuard
WhoisGuard Protected

([email protected])
+1.6613102107
Fax: +1.6613102107
11400 W.

Olympic Blvd. Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90064
US

Name

Servers:
vns1.nocdirect.com
vns2.nocdirect.com

Creation date: 11 Oct 2011 16:30:00
Expiration date:11 Oct 2012 08:30:00

#74792 by Nailgunner Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:25 pm
The site is down - Somebody has gone in and vandalised it. No loss to the world, although it's best to report it to the registrar and hosting company and get the thing permanently killed.

Are they who they say they are? Google their email address or mobile phone number and see where else they've been. Use Google Images to see if they have stolen somebody elses' photographs.
#74817 by andrea94235 Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:57 am
thanks for your guys help i will stay away from the scamer. nailgunner the site looks the same to me... maybe my computer is being wierd.

i also got a strange warning email from the address [email protected] it says this

Dear <Removed - Michelle>

Please do not continue talking with the fraud artist who sent you a cheque over the amount you asked for your vehicle. This scammer is located in Ghana, and had the fake cheque printed at a local print shop in his country and sent it to you. His country is extremely corrupt. Should you cash this cheque and send him the excess money, your bank will hold you accountable for the funds when they do not clear.

In addition to the fake cheque scam, the fraud artist has also told you to use eagle shipment as the shipper. This company is also fake and run by the fraud artist. Any money you send them will be stolen from you by the very same fraud artist. Please do not send them any cash, and please change the password to your email. Signing up for an account on that site was not very wise. I would suggest you use a password for your email that you do not use anywhere else.

Sincerely,

the Jokerz

in Deutsch:

Bitte nicht weiterhin im Gespräch mit dem Betrug Künstler, der Ihnen einen Scheck über den Betrag, den Sie für Ihr Fahrzeug gefragt geschickt. Diese Betrüger ist in Ghana befindet, und hatte die falsche prüfen bei einer lokalen Druckerei in seinem Land gedruckt und verschickt es Ihnen zu. Sein Land ist extrem korrupt. Sollten Sie Geld dieses Kontrollkästchen aus und senden ihn das überschüssige Geld, wird Ihre Bank halten Sie verantwortlich für den Fonds, wenn sie nicht klar machen.

Zusätzlich zu den gefälschten Check Betrug, hat der Betrug Künstler auch Ihnen gesagt, Adler Versand als Absender verwenden. Dieses Unternehmen ist auch gefälschte und wird von der Betrug Künstler. Das Geld, Sie schicken sie von euch von den gleichen Betrug Künstler gestohlen werden. Bitte schicken sie nicht alle Geld, und ändern Sie bitte das Passwort zu Ihrem E-Mail. Die Anmeldung für ein Konto auf dieser Website war nicht sehr klug. Ich würde vorschlagen, Sie ein Kennwort für Ihr E-Mail, die Sie nicht anderswo verwendet werden.
#74835 by Justin Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:17 am
That email is from whoever vandalized the site and meant to be a warning to you. You know it's a scam now so you can just move on and try to find a legitimate buyer for your car. Only deal with people willing to meet in person and pay cash.

Good luck!
Justin