Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#76929 by electricmoore Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:29 pm
I'm trying to sell a boat motor for my father in-law on Craigslist. I recived and email asking if it was still available from an email address of <[email protected]>; asking "Hello is thie item still Available sell???"
I then recive this email from a Robert Gamsel with the email address of <[email protected]>;
Stating the below:

Good to hear back from you, Hope it's in good condition like you stated because I have taken a close look at the advert and am completely satisfied, . I'll want you to remove the advert from web and consider this item is sold to me, I'll be paying via Certified check and the check will deliver to you by next day delivery .So i want to be the best offer by offering you extra $100 to your money as the best offer and i hope you will keep this item for me
Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Postal Code:
Phone Number:
Not P o Box Address:
Total amount for the item :
Also you should be aware that you won't be responsible for shipping as i will have my mover come over and pick it up as soon as you received the check and. I also have some other goods i already bought in other location which my mover will pick up all together. i will get back to you once my secretary made the payment out to you.
Thanks.

I have never had some one ask me to do overnight check like this. I haven't talked to the person or anything. As far as i'm concerned this is a scam. I also saw someone else on this website asking about the same person so that threw a red flag for me.
Advertisement

#76932 by Inspector Gadget Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:53 pm
No doubt that, when you receive the check he'll want you to cash it and send the balance to xxx.
Shortly after, you'll be told by your bank that the check is fake/counterfeit and you'll be liable for the money. It's good that you saw through it before anything nasty could happen to you. You should tell him 'Sorry, but you've had a better offer' and ignore him from then on. Even if he does offer an even higher price.