Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#77671 by weave2k0 Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:34 pm
This email set off red flags from the start, I posted a car for sale and the first reply I got was this:

Name: Greg
Phone:
Email: [email protected]

Question
Good day, i want to buy your vehicle and i will like to know the present condition of it and also will like to know when last it was used. get back to me with your final selling price if you still have it available for sale. Regards, Greg

I replied :

It's in great shape, I'm a private seller, so I use it every day. $4500 would be the lowest I would be able to take.

Thanks,

He came back with:

Thanks for mailing back,i really appreciate it, am really interested in it, and i will appreciate it if you can send me more pictures if you have cause due to the nature of my job,phone calls making are restricted. I can't be able to come and view it and pay in cash but i have contacted a pick up company and they will be coming to pick it after i have paid for it,i can only pay through Paypal as i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking,but i have my bank account attached to my PayPal account and this is why i insisted on paying you through PayPal,so kindly get back to me with your full name and paypal email address so i can proceed with the payment now, but if you don't have an account with them you can set up a paypal account via http://www.paypal.com it very easy and fast, it wont take you much time to do that,I will proceed with the payment as soon as you send me your paypal email address and contact the pick up agent to arrange a convenient pickup time with you,once payment has been transferred and cashed.

I believe i can trust you on this transaction cause i need a faithful and loyal person to transact business with.
I hope to read back from you soon.
Thanks,
Greg

ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 172.129.30.149
Originating ISP: America Online
City: n/a
Country of Origin: United States
* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline

I Think I'm just going to ignore any future emails, it sucks that the first email I get about my car is a scammer, LOL.
Advertisement

#77705 by Bubbles Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:33 am
Welcome to ScamWarners weave2k0, yes it is unfortunate scammers are every place. It is great you recognized it was a scammer that had contacted you.

Your best course of action is to stop communicating with the scammer. He has real information about you and that is enough of a reason to stop responding with him.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.