Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#79091 by f1zzzle123 Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:09 am
Hello my name is xxx and i would like to alert people of a scam artist going by the of Cynthia Stewart.

She has contacted me on a regular basis enquiring about a car i have for sale here in New Zealand On our local Trademe site.

Cynthia has emailed me numerous times asking about the vehicle and asking me to set up a paypal account so she can pay me through that system. which has come accross a little bit dodgey and didnt trust her, She was addiment about me setting it up,

I followed the paypal guidelines and set up an account, i then recieved an email saying that she has put the money into paypal and i was to deal with her shipping company Asped Express". I didnt feel confurtable with this situtiation so i searched the company on google and the search had come up with this website scam warners.

This is a copy of the email PAYPAL sent me

This e-Mail confirms that you have received an Instant payment of $6,600.00 NZD from [email protected] via PayPal MERCHANDISE Payment Service.

Reversals : This method of payment can not be reversed.

View the details of this pending transaction below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary of this transaction
Transaction ID MYR849375694INT
Merchandise Amount $5,000.00 NZD

Transport Charges

Total Amount

Merchandise Title
$1,600.00 NZD

$6,600.00 NZD

Laurel Car

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transport Company: "Asped Express"

Courier Details: Account Name: Rajkumar Sivakumar
Account Number: 14360077493525
Bank Name: CIMB
Swift Code : CIBBMYKL
City : Selangor
Zip Code : 69000

And this is an Email staing the i have not accepted the transaction
TRANSACTION STATUS : TEMPORARY ON HOLD

As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and as per PayPal Merchandise Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer's account which includes the Transport/Delivery Charges by Asped Express Transportation.

You would have to Pay the Shipping Charges to the Transport Company through Bank Transfer, In order to complete this transaction and get the whole funds Released into your account. So therefore, we advice you to Proceed with the transfer of the excess sum $1,600.00 NZD to the Transport Agent and send us a Copy/Photograph of the Bank Transfer Receipt.

NOTE: This is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this transaction.

Please, find below the Bank Account Information where the Funds should be sent via Bank Transfer.

Transport Company: " Asped Express "

Courier Details: Account Name: Rajkumar Sivakumar
Account Number: 14360077493525
Bank Name: CIMB
Swift Code : CIBBMYKL
City : Selangor
Zip Code : 69000
she is claming that i have misled her and trying to rip her off, i have not aceepted any money from paypal inregaurds to this matter

thankyou for reading and any information you might have that will help me over come these scams will be most appreciated

Thankyou
Advertisement

#79094 by David Jansen Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:32 am
Welcome here f1zzle123

I have edited out your real name.

Good of you to check this scammer out, and for not paying anything. The scammer never made a payment via paypal, and the email you got was fake. Paypal never holds payments untill they get confirmation from one of the parties. It is a trick to make the victim pay for the non existent shipper. That money would go straight into the pocket of the scammer.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#79098 by Arnold Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:03 am
she is claming that i have misled her and trying to rip her off, i have not aceepted any money from paypal inregaurds to this matter

Total nonsense as there is no money to accept. Some scammers do resort to things like that rather than abandon a scam. You may even get a threatening email claiming to be from the police to try and frighten you into sending the money via Western Union. Can you quote the two email addresses the scammer used please.

#376988 by Gusto Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:42 am
***Limit Account Access & Legal Action***(Transaction ID-MYR849375694INT​)
Online Verification <[email protected]> 21 November 2018 at 07:58
To: *****

Dear *****,

It is important we know the status of the Item bought from you by one of our clients, Emliy Linda with Transaction ID: MYR849375694INT, otherwise legal action will be taken against you since you have not e-mailed us the shipment receipt.

We believed you entered into agreement by requesting money through E-Transfer payment from the buyer, and by not e-mailing us with the details of the tracking number information, you are violating PayPal users agreement in act of the 1999 Law in collaboration with the World Law Enforcement Agency.

You are now mandated to complete the transfer by making the shipment and email us the proof within the next 6hrs, failure to do so would result to the involvement of the FBI/RCMP for violating PayPal's instructions and users agreement in act of the 1999 Law in collaboration with the World Law Enforcement Agency

We are ensuring to make Online Transaction a safer place, therefore we need to set confidence on all our users. We request for the tracking number information from post office to prove the shipment has been made within the next 12hrs and we will fund the money into your account or you will face the consequences of LEGAL ACTION.

This is done for the protection of both the seller and buyer from the ongoing internet fraud activities.
Sincerely,

The PayPal Team.