Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#82601 by tk1622 Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:19 pm
Here is another one I recently received: David "Dave" Pagar. First he asked if it was still available then when I said yes, here is what he responded with:
"Ok then, thanks for your response. I want the item but i live in PA. I can overnight Money order to you as payment. I would take charge of the pick up because i have other stuffs i already bought in your city and Nelson Leigh would handle the pick up on my behalf. Send me your contact details. Name, address, zipcode and cell# if you are really willing to sell. I would get the money order sent overnight asap. Once you receive and cash it then Nelson will contact you for pick up. Let me know
Regards."

Way too many of them out there- good luck everyone!
Advertisement

#82651 by Bubbles Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:51 am
Please post up the email address Kgarcia, that way people searching to see if they are dealing with a scammer can find the email address.

I have moved this to the Online Selling topic area.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#83098 by AlanJones Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:39 am
Hi eyeliner and welcome to ScamWarners.

Unfortunately there is not much that can be done to stop these scammers apart from publicising their information so that potential victims can avoid being scammed. They operate anonymously from internet cafes in places like Nigeria, so there is nothing the authorities can do about them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#85928 by bigfatmomma Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:08 am
Same email from Gary:
His conversatioin string follows:

Hi,
I am interested in your post on Craiglist , Let me know if its still available
Thanks

Gary
Ok then, thanks for your response. I want the item but i live in PA. I can overnight Money order to you as payment. I would take charge of the pick up because i have other stuffs i already bought in your city and Nelson Perez would handle the pick up on my behalf. Send me your contact details. Name, address, zipcode and cell# if you are really willing to sell. I would get the money order sent overnight asap. Once you receive and cash it then Nelson will contact you for pick up. Let me know
Regards.

That wont be a problem. Once you receive and cash the payment then Nelson will contact you for pick up over the phone. All you need do is get back to me with the required details so i can mail out the money order. Thanks

To which scammer replied:
Sounds good. Consider it sold. I would get the payment sent to you asap and i dont do fakes. once you receive the payment, pls get me updated immediately to enable me inform Nelson to contact you for pick up and do Keep other buyers away to avoid disturbances. I would mail it out to you.
Regards

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Account disabled