Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#83654 by Ryan Hains Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:48 am
Craigslist-Ebay-Paypal Scammer
Nigeria

He uses many fake named email addresses.
Spoofed Paypal emails from [email protected] [email protected] and [email protected] (really from [email protected] and [email protected])

Also fake paypal buyers email adresses:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Added 8/24/2012
[email protected]
Added 9/24/2012
[email protected]
[email protected]
Added 1/22/2013
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Uses Phone number 424) 666-1067

The scammer wants to steal your merchandise and have you ship it to him

The scammer will want to purchase an ‘item’ you have for sale on Craigslist, Ebay or another online site and may offer you more than your asking price to have you remove your advertisement quickly.

He will ask you to receive payment via his 'verified' PAYPAL or BANK payment and ship the 'item' to a relative or friend for him.

The scammer has an elaborate set of FAKE Screen Shots of very official looking Paypal Emails verifying payment received. These emails are NOT from Paypal. They are from the scammer.

First mail

thanks for the mail i really want to buy this for my pastor on a missionary trip, I will offer you $250 for it so as to remove the item from Craigslist as soon as possible.I will be paying through PAYPAL because i have a verified account with paypal. So kindly get back with your paypal email address so i can make payment into your paypal account. Once payment clears, shipment will be handled by me through my personal (EMS)Express Mail International, so you don't have to pay for shipment. Get back to me if my approval is granted. I would like to see the pictures
please....Thanks

Once the victim accepts to receive payment via Paypal they receive this mail.

Spoofed Gmail from '[email protected] [email protected] via gmail.com'

*** Congratulation You've got new funds *** !!!

Dear: XXXXXXXX

You have an Instant Payment of $250.00 USD from Mrs SCAMMERS NAME
View the details of this transaction online

Purchased From: XXXXXX

USD $200.00 USD
$200.00
Shipping & Handling: $50.00
(included by the Buyer)
Postal Insurance: USD
Total: USD $250.00
City: Abeokuta
State: Ogun State
Postal Code: +23439

Address Status: Confirmed

This PayPal payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been " APPROVED " but will not be credited to your account until the Payment Arrangement has been finalized and messages are sent to us for verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller.
Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send all your inquiries to us through this mail Click here and our customer service care will attend to you.
As soon as we hear from you about the shipping arrangement
, This is due to the security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller,the money will be credited to your account.
s been credited to your PayPal account.
Copyright 2002-2011 PayPal.. All rights reserved. PayPal (Europe) Limited is authorized and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United State as an electronic money institution. PayPal FSA Register Number: 226056.

The next mail is a follow up to re-enforce the first FAKE Paypal Mail and to get the victim to ship the 'ITEM' before payment can be credited to the victims account .

PAYPAL
Dear, XXXXXXX

You have received a PayPal Payment of $250.00 USD from SCAMMER NAME.

A temporary hold has been placed on this transaction!

This is a confirmation email of the payment of $250.00USD you received from Mrs SCAMMERS NAME what is required of you in order for your account to be credited is the item's tracking/reference number, this number will be given to you at the courier office after you might have sent the item to the bearer, this is part of our new policy and a security measure in order to protect both the buyer and the seller, also to verify if the item was really bought from you we have sent you a confirmation email earlier to inform you that the payment is legal and has been confirmed, also to guide you against fraudulent acts.

We have included the buyer's full name and amount paid for you to know this message was really sent from PayPal. We advise that you make sure the item is sent out as soon as possible and request for a tracking number at the post office after you might have sent out the item, then you can email us the number by replying directly to this message after it might have been given to you at the courier office so as to credit your account without delay.

After we receive the number from you for security verification, your account will be credited at once, Our system has witness new upgrades, Please don't be surprised if you see us forwarding you to new customer attendants, its due to the amount of fraud going on involving our name which we are trying all our best to limit and put a stop to. As soon as we receive the requested information from you, your account will be credited.

PayPal Account Review Department.
Sincerely,

Next mail sent to confirm to victim how to complete FAKE Paypal transaction and get their non-existent money

Dear XXXXXX
This is a confirmation email of the payment of $250.00USD you received from Mrs SCAMMERS NAME what is required of you in order for your account to be credited is the item's tracking/reference number, this number will be given to you at the courier office after you might have sent the item to the bearer, this is part of our new policy and a security measure in order to protect both the buyer and the seller, also to verify if the item was really bought from you we have sent you a confirmation email earlier to inform you that the payment is legal and has been confirmed, also to guide you against fraudulent acts.

We have included the buyer's full name and amount paid for you to know this message was really sent from PayPal. We advise that you make sure the item is sent out as soon as possible and request for a tracking number at the post office after you might have sent out the item, then you can email us the number by replying directly to this message after it might have been given to you at the courier office so as to credit your account without delay.

After we receive the number from you for security verification, your account will be credited at once, Our system has witness new upgrades, Please don't be surprised if you see us forwarding you to new customer attendants, its due to the amount of fraud going on involving our name which we are trying all our best to limit and put a stop to. As soon as we receive the requested information from you, your account will be credited.

PayPal Account Review Department.
Sincerely,

Mrs. A.S. Roseline

The next mail is another attempt to re-enforce the previous FAKE PAYPAL MAILS and to keep the victim away from the real Paypal.

***CALLING PAYPAL IS NOT NECESSARY**

Dear XXXXXXX
Be informed that the payment received from Mrs SCAMMERS NAME ($250.00USD) is confirmed and will only be credited into your account as soon you email us the Shipment tracking number once you get back from the post office for verification.

Be informed that this transaction is only available and can only be tracked and traced via email, so do reply back to us if you have any question about the transaction and not via phone call . Although we check our e-mail frequently, we do not consider it to be an alternative to telephonic contact in emergency situations. Feel free to contact us directly to our customer care service.

We are assuring you a 100% safety as we are doing this to secure both the buyer and the seller. The transaction has been verified and your money is safe with PayPal.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
CLICK HERE TO REPLY

The Paypal scammer may send you threats of legal action if you do not ship your merchandise to him.

Threat Mail

***GET IT SHIP OR LEGAL ACTION WILL BE TAKEN WITH THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION****

Dear:XXXXXXXX

This transaction can not be canceled It is important we know the status of the money otherwise, legal action may be taken against you, since you have not replied to the confirmation of payment made to your account by Mrs SCAMMER NAME as soon as possible.
We believed you entered into binding agreement by requesting money through PayPal,and by non-response to the payment confirmation made to your account you have violate the PayPal agreement. This is a legal deal and however the buyer has already contacted us in other to take actions about your non-response.We are ensuring to make PayPal a safer place, therefore we need to set confidence on our users. Just make sure you mail it out as soon as possible
We request for the Tracking Number to prove postage of the item in less than 48hours and we will fund the money into your account or face the consequences of LEGAL ACTION . so all you need now is to send the item now within 24 hours or you get arrested by ( FBI ).

We use proprietary technology and constantly innovate to help ensure your transactions are safe. In addition, PayPal has over 20,000 staffs worldwide dedicated to keeping PayPal accounts safe, and stopping online rime rate.We work with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) worldwide to shut off fraudulent websites as soon as possible.
PayPal's Fraud Investigation Team is highly experienced in fraud prevention. Several members of the team were former law enforcement officials with extensive experience in fighting online fraud. PayPal's fraud investigation team focuses on: Identifying and preventing fraud before it occurs, Detecting fraud in process Mitigating loss, if fraud does occur, Delivering information to law enforcement around the world to help stop those committing online fraud.

------------------------------ ------------------------------ ------------------------------ ----------
NOTE: Failure to respond to this e-mail means your Name and Address will be forward to the law enforcement Agency, which may result to an Arrest, because you are practicing Scam, and your Account with Western Union Money Transfer will be BLOCKED, In order to free yourself from this'' Send this item within 5hours and send the Shipping Tracking/Reference Number to our department for Verification. If you have any comment on this issue do not hesitate to contact us. Although we check our e-mail frequently, we do not consider it to be an alternative to telephonic contact in emergency situations. Feel free to contact us directly to this mail.........

Thanks for your co-operation.
Yours sincerely,

These are empty threats. He has not sent any money to paypal for you and you owe him nothing. He is just trying to steal from you.

In this scam Paypal has not received any money to be paid to you and you will lose your merchandise if you ship. It is almost impossible to stop a shipment

If you have sent merchandise you may be sent more mails asking you to send PAYMENT PROCESSING Fee’s to get your money. Please do not, it is just another way to scam you out of more money.

This Scammer also does Paypal overpayment scams for shipping of large items. (furniture and Autos).

He doesn't want these items, just your CASH !!

He will ask you to receive a FAKE Paypal overpayment and send the extra money via Western Union to a shipper to pickup the 'ITEM'. Do not send any money by WU to a shipper, the shipper is the same scammer or an associate.
Last edited by Ryan Hains on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Advertisement

#84100 by LesCasterus Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:14 pm
Thank you SOOO much. You just saved me $940. God bless. :bowdown:

Ok, this guy is cursing me out. He is calling me the "F***ing scammer". His emails directly match the ones posted here. What a scum bag. Oh? Here comes the FBI threats.
#86157 by jtori Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:56 am
[email protected]
kim [email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

These above are all "scammers" that replied to some listings on Craigslist. Some said they wanted to send me a bank certified cashiers check, others suggested Paypal-

Regarding Paypal, unless you google your paypal and not use the link the scammer gives you, you could view yourself if the money is there. I legitimately sold an item and the buyer offered to pay me up front with Paypal, I checked my account and the money is indeed there.

I am told however, that if scammer says that Paypal is "holding" the payment, that is not a good thing because apparently Paypal does not hold payments.

Should I be concerned if they have my real e-mail address?
#86162 by AlanJones Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:27 am
Hello jtori and welcom to ScamWarners.

You are correct in what you are saying about PayPal not holding payments. If someone really pays you by PayPal then as you say the payment shows up straight away. PayPal do not offer an Escrow service where they hold payments pending some action taking place.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#95702 by mav1701 Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:23 am
This scam happened to me just today, so it's still active. The ebay user was sadiaoliver01 and claimed to be from the UK. Initially, she asked for the 'final' price to ship to the UK. After I gave her that price, she "fake" paid it with the spoof emails and asked me to ship it to South Africa instead.

Neither PayPal nor Ebay had any record of the payment despite me having received what looked like email from each stating that payment had been received.

Email headers from both EBay and PayPal show the return address as '[email protected]' which is obviously suspicious. Not only would they not use gmail accounts -- they also wouldn't be using the exact same one.

I put in a motion with Ebay to cancel the transaction. Hopefully they do so without charging me since this was an obvious scam and the buyer never intended to pay me.
#175722 by ydiarte Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:56 pm
I just got a text, from that number (424) 666-1067 this is what they sent me regarding a furniture piece I am selling:

Text from: (424) 666-1067
"I hope I can trust you on this, am actually buying it as parts and as for the payment, I'll be cutting you a cashier check and i'll have it mail to you via defense courier service (DCS) my mover will take care of the pickup at your location after you've cashed it. in the meantime I need you to get back to me with the name to be written on the check and your mailing address. thanx, SGT.Miles (USAF)"

Should I trust this????? anyone has had any problems with dealing with something like this??
#175725 by Bryon Williams Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:18 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners ydiarte,

It is 100% scam.

In this scam the scammer is NOT interested in your "item". He wants to steal your money.
The scammer will ask the Seller to cash a fake Cashiers Check / Money Order / Certified Check that is for more than the price of the 'item'. He will then ask the Seller to send the over payment to his Fake Shipper / Agent by Western Union or Moneygram to pay for the pickup and shipping.

The check / Money Order will be fake it will look real. Do not deposit or cash it.
Even if your bank tells you that the check/Money Order has cleared, it does not mean they will take responsibility for it when it is returned. They are required by law to give you access to money within a few days.

But later, when the check/Money Order goes to a clearance house or the original bank, the check/Money Order will be returned and you will be held responsible.

It can take days, weeks, or even months for the fraud to be discovered and you will be required to pay all of the money back, regardless of who sent the check/Money Order to you. The bank also may have you charged with 'Financial Fraud'.

This same scam can be done with Fake Paypal Payments. The scammer will send you an email pretending to be from PayPal with Payment Made. He will then tell you to pay the mover / shipper / agent via Western Union or Money Gram. If you send money by this method. You will never see it again.

Bryon

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#334186 by chimiscule Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:58 pm
I am in the middle of the scam now and playing their game so I can keep contact with them while law officers do their thing.

I already sent them item tho (A White PS Vita) to a Donna Flores who actually exists at that address according to whitepages. I have the ip and whitepages of all the scammers.

They have pretended to send me $300 which has been "approved" by paypal but a mistake was made now I need to send them $150 to get a total of $550 (they added a $100 for the mistake)

I just keep asking for more days to give me time to send them the money via western union

Is there anything else I can do? do you know they actually are? They used that A S Rosaline name on me too.

I am kicking myself for falling for that verification crap, a lot of sites actually use that but this is my first ever ebay sale.
#334187 by Bryon Williams Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:05 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Stop all contact with the scammer. He is using fake details and you are using your real information.

The receiver is most likely a victim like your self. She believes that she has an online job receiving packages.

You will not get your "item" back nor will you get anyone arrested.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/