Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#84031 by hedgehogz Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:59 am
guys, i made some purchases online but never receive anything from the scammer. Though its not too much money, but i insist to make some reviews so others may not be a victim like me. Can anyone let me know where i shall notice my reviews like forums or sites in Australia so those B2C companys who are cheating people can face public condemning? I would like to dedicate myself in my spare time to fight those scammers.
Advertisement

#84068 by Helen Halper Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:10 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners, hedgehogz!
I'm sorry that you lost money to the scammer. I can't advise you on Australian forums but please post their info here - emails that you received, with the headers intact. Take out your name and email address, but leave all of theirs. This is how we warn people here, and anyone who uses google will find your post and hopefully not be scammed. :D

#84106 by Bubbles Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:41 pm
Hello hedgehogz,

We deal specifically with Advanced Fee Fraud (AFF), those emails you receive saying you have won a Lottery you didn't enter, or you have a relative who died and left you hundreds of millions of dollars, or a trunk box has been found with millions of dollars in it and all you need to do is pay some "fees" and you get a percentage of the "millions".

AFF typically involves payment through Western Union or MoneyGram.

While we have allowed some topics regarding businesses which have poor customer service, that is not our focus.

We do investigate fraudulent webstes and sork to get them shut down, especially when they are attached to AFF.

If you post some more information, we can guide you a little better. We do have members here who reside in Australia and may be able to point you in a direction.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#84728 by hedgehogz Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:18 am
Thank you, guys. I will document those scammer soon. Just i find this site http://www.productreview.com.au/ and i see the scammer has negative comments there as well. May any of you know if this site is powerful enough in Australia to condemn? I would highly appreciate if you can provide similar sites. :=)