Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#219337 by Bryon Williams Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:24 pm
His plan is to send you a fake Paypal payment using a free email provider. The email will look real but it is not from Paypal.

The fake Paypal email will tell you that you have to pay his mover, shipper or agent via Moneygram or Western Union before your fake money is released.

He is attempting to steal your money. No one will ever come to pick up the vehicle.

Paypal would never hold your money. Alway log into Paypal directly with any links to check your balance. This same scam works with fake checks.

Sell your vehicle face to face. Please keep your messages within Craigslist mail system. Scammer hate when you do this. Please do not provide buyers your text number or private email address.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#219447 by rdnkwman Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:13 pm
Thanks for the advise. Fortunately I did not lose a penny! However someone else might. I have the cell number that he used to contact me. Would it help to post it? I have all his messages saved, and the wording is almost verbatum as to what I have seen posted here. Any help I can provide, let me know!
#231331 by chris2000 Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:06 am
I put my car up for sale and got this message from a " Paul Mangion"
Thanks for getting back,i'm cool with the price likewise the condition as described on the advert,i work with New Zealand Oil and Gas (NZOG) and we are presently offshore in New Zealand Taranaki Basin on kupe project.We do not have access to phone at the momement and that's why I contacted you with internet messaging facility.Regarding the payment,i will be paying you through PayPal linked up with my westpac bank account,please get back to me with your paypal details so i can process the payment,you can alternatively send your bsb acct name and number if you have no PayPal acct.I have also contacted my courier who will come for pick up and deliver it to my place in Darwin after the whole fund has been cleared into your acct.
Await your reply
The grammar is off and the story just did not make any sense, so I goggled him and found he has sent similar messages to others. Thank you everyone for exposing these scammers