Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#213764 by MJ78 Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:23 am
I have just had the same but with a guy selling a Audi TT 2012 plate for £6,000 stating car was in Birmingham
Autotrader ad has now been removed, conveniently!!

I asked to meet and test drive the car and response was: -

"The price is correct. My car is in perfect working condition, very well maintained with no issues. No scratches, dents or rust. Always garage kept, non smoker owner, no pets, never been involved in accidents and no outstanding finance. It comes with full service history backed up by receipts and invoices and all the documents including the V5.

Current location of the car is Elgin, IV30 1SU. I have moved here with my job. £150 extra will be the delivery fees. I have many people interested in this car. First decided, first served.

If you are interested let me know soon and I will explain you more in detail!
P.S. My mobile says no network coverage but I do check emails regularly

In different circumstances i would have opted for a face to face selling but due to the nature of my job, delivery is my only option. As i was saying, for extra £150 delivery can be arranged to your place. By searching the most convenient way to sell my car, I've decided to use Safe Pay from Google and after checks on ID documents and car's documents, I was approved to use it. As buyer, you've got an insured 3days inspection period and you'll receive the car before any money will reach into my pocket.
Shortly described: we reach an agrement over the price and delivery conditions. you pay Google and they inform me once it's done. I will deliver the car within 2-3 days. Once you will receive the car, you may take it to your mechanic, check it's condition, test drive it, check with the police it isn't stollen, doesn't have finance owing. If you want to keep it once the inspection period is over, you will have to inform Google and they will release the money to me. Contrary, I will support the delivery back costs and Google will refund you your money.

Reply with your name and delivery address so we can get the ball rolling. Once the transaction is registered Google will send you all the info regarding payment and delivery.

A fast reply will be much appreciated as many people are interested."

All sounds a bit familiar!!! His email address is [email protected]

I am going to report this to Autotrader, ebay and the police!

Thanks all
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.
Advertisement