Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#14721 by Mr Creosote Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:39 am
http://www.finetofair.com

Apologies if this is the wrong place to put this, they are offering goods at knock off prices, they have registered their website for just one year and they deal with Western Union and Moneygram. They also posted on a board I use after hijacking a persons account. It generally smacks of a scam, are you guys the right people to help investigate? Or could you point me at a place where I can post about this before people get taken for a ride.

Cheers

Mr Creosote
Advertisement

#14724 by Peta Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:02 am
Hi Mr Creosote,

Thanks for reporting this information. The website appears very dodgy. You've come to the right place. Some of the other members who have more experience with this type of scam will be along shortly to help investigate this site. Failing that, we'll be able to put you in touch with the right people.

It appears to be the type of scammer that we bait over at our sister site 419eater.com here. You may need to register to view that forum.

Love your "Meaning of Life" username :P
#14773 by Mr Creosote Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:34 am
I've done my fair share of baiting over at 419Eater this is a bit different to the normal lads that I'm used to, which is why I posted on here. I don't know the procedures for this. All the trademarks are there for a scam, just not sure how to procede and certainly wouldn't want to bait someone I wasn't sure about.