Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#153215 by 881half Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:06 pm
Great, I thought I had sold an item on Craigslist. Jerk!
This email came from Britney Jones [email protected]

"Good to hear back from you. I'm Okay with the price
of the item.
Presently, i am out of town with my AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS TEAM
to raise funds for Children,adolescents and young adults with regards to them attaining
optimal physical, mental and social health and well-being,therefore i won't be able to
come for the inspection due to the nature of my work. Moreover, I would have loved
to call but our satellite server has been down in recent days which
restricts our calls. I will be paying you through PayPal as it is the
only Medium at which i can send Payment at the Moment.
I would appreciate if you email me with more pictures (if available) too
since i won't be be able to see this in person. And if you don't have a
PayPal account, It's pretty easy to set up a PayPal account at
http://www.paypal.com . it's just a few minutes away from signing up. it's
safe and secure for
both Parties and i have been using PayPal to buy and sell for years
now without problems. Please get back to me with your PayPal email so i
can proceed with the payment and contact the Pick up Agent who will
come for the Pick up of the item.
I will need these following details so i can proceed with the payment right away

1:Your PayPal e-Mail Address
2: Home Address

As soon as you get back to me with your PayPal email, I'll proceed
with full Payment. I look forward to reading from you soon.

Regards

Britney"

Then I get this from [email protected] on behalf of [email protected].

"Dear ,

A temporary hold has been placed on your funds, Follow the verification procedure below so we can release the funds to your account

The payment has been deducted from the buyer's account but will not show up in your account balance due to the temporary hold placed on it.The total fund is being held at our fund verification team desk for verification due to the large amount of money involved..Below is the verification procedure you are to follow before we can release the total sum of $1,700.00USD which is on hold to your account.

Fund Verification Procedure
1:You are to send the added shipping fee upfront to the shipping agent's name and address below via Western Union at any of their offices.
2:Forward the Western Union money transfer confirmation copy to us at [email protected]
,after sending the shipping fee online or the scanned copy of the Western Union receipt if the shipping fee was sent at a Western Union office so we can proceed in our verification process and release the total fund to your account few minutes after we get the requirement from you.

Note:The Buyer will not be permitted to reverse the funds before or after you have sent the shipping fee of $800.00USD to the shipping agent's name and address below via Western Union.This means that you are also safe and secure by sending the shipping fee upfront to complete this transaction.

Name:

Address:
JIMMY JARAMILLO JR

2406 Gessner Dr Houston,
TX 77080,
USA

Fund Verification Team are to verify all international transactions and make sure both buyer and seller are safe and secure.Contact us through our email: [email protected]
if you have any inquiry as regards this transaction or any international transaction.

Note: As this transaction was done via our e-mail payments service, any inquiries and necessary information should be sent to us by directly replying to this message, because of the status of this transaction, it has not been passed on to our customer care phone service section and all inquiries should be directed to this e-mail address as it is the one monitored for your transaction.

This payment was issued to your account through our online payment service and monitored by our fund verification team.Contact us through this email [email protected] if you have any inquiry regarding this transaction or any international transaction."
Last edited by Bubbles on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Quotations added for clarity.
Advertisement

#154313 by kuya1284 Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:26 pm
I just created an account to say that I received the same message. After googling for the email [email protected], this thread popped up. The person used the name Julie Martinez instead of the previously mentioned names. Something didn't smell right and I'm glad I found this thread to confirm the scam.