Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#46990 by Eagleace Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:25 am
Good work on the number maccanh. I did the same thing as you & have reached him on two seperate occasions on the number you provided. I have now received the item I ordered. Though will never order from Gary McDuff again. I suggest everyone keeps hassleing him in this number.

maccanh wrote:
maccanh wrote:
amazed wrote:To Maccanh - You said you rang and spoke to Gary??? Are you kidding me? Are you the lucky one!
What number did you use? All the numbers I have used do not go through. I'd appreciate if you would mind sharing the number so we can also speak to Gary to get our order sent. However - let us know if you really DO get your order or if it is another false promise of his! Keep us posted and please share the number with us.

Gary sent an email this morning to say that my order has been despatched so I am hopeful it will arrive.When I rang It was about 5.30 at night and just asked if that was Gary,( I was friendly) I said I had ordered & I was worried that it may not arrive because I had read some bad stuff about the company on the internet. He asked for my order number & then said I would receive it on Thursday. I asked if the company had been having problems and he said "I have not been working for a couple of months but I am back now"...or words to that effect. So I just thanked him & hung up.
The number I got him on was 0295437818
I will let you know if my order does arrive.

Woohoo!!! It did arrive on Thursday phew -that's a relief. I want to thank the people on this site for supplying me with his home phone and I hope others will be reimbursed if their orders don't arrive. Thanks everyone.
Advertisement

#46991 by GomerPyle Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:21 am
Eagleace wrote:Gary said "I have not been working for a couple of months but I am back now"...or words to that effect.

How bizarre ? - however, if he is continuing to bank cusomers' money then he isn't in a position to take a time out, for whatever reason, or should I suggest that he also takes a time out from banking money too ?

The frustrating point being that there is a business opportunity here which he's going to lose to competitors if he continues to operate this way.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#47052 by LupoLexi Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:57 am
Thanks everyone for advice on this forum. I ordered some pet goods from Gary McDuff on 10 January 2011.
In spite of a number of calls to his voice mail box and e-mails, there was no reply and no goods arrived.
Following advice from this forum I twice telephoned Gary at home ( Sunday morning seems a good time to contact him). After the second call he kept his word and the order arrived on Thursday 17 February 2011,just as the time limited I had stated was due to expire.
I had mentioned to him that I was prepared to lodge complaints to various consumer protection agencies as mentioned in this forum, if there was not a satisfactory response in the time limit stated.
During our conversations he showed he was aware of my order and my earlier requests.
I have just received one item ordered and a cheque for the rest. The cheque did not bounce.
Garry John McDuff's home number is:- 0295437818.
#47098 by Diva Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:19 pm
I placed and order on the 04/01/2011. $227.48 to much to just lie down and play dead on. I have reported him to OFT and my credit card company. Do not purchase from this guy he will not return calls or emails. Can anyone tell me the outcome of the case on the 16/02/2011?
#47109 by detorka Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:44 am
Ok i have to admit, i am also one of the suckers. I made a purchase on 1st of feb 2011 for $180.47, and after not receiving the products i decided to do an internet search and what do u know, i found this helpful website. I have since sent an email stating that if they dont refund my monies within a time frame, i will be reporting it to DFT and i have contacted my bank to put in a dispute. Lets see what happens now.... also does any 1 know of the outcome of the court cases, he might not be answering my calls cause hes behind bars, wishful thinking!
#47169 by Bubbles Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:28 am
We are glad that this site has been helpful to people who have tried to do business with this company. The tenacity and research people have done is amazing.

I too will be interested in the outcome of the court case. The wheels of the court systems often turn slowly.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#47319 by Aimos Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:29 pm
I see that Im in the exact same situation as every other person here...Frustrating I didnt look further into the company before ordering.
I purchased $148 of Flea and Worm products for my Dogs on the 27.01.11, received the confirmation email straight away so Didnt think twice.
A week later, hadn't heard anything but thought because of the flooding around the state (QLD, Northern NSW) that there may be some delays.
Then on the 07.02.2011 I received an email saying the order had been "shipped" Still not overly concerned, thinking I may receive the order in 2-3 days.
Another week later still nothing.
14.02.2011I send an email asking when I will receive the order...of course no reply.
15.02.2011 do a bit of research and stumble accross scamwarners!
I contacted Fair Trading QLD and they explain not much can be done and would basically be a waste of my time, I then contact my credit card company and start the dispute process which can take in excess of 90 days! I also found alternate emails to contact "gary" from previous posts, so again sent another email. Called alternate phone numbers and like everyone else, voicemail full and no answer on the home phone.
I have contacted A Current Affair, but heard nothing. Maybe we could send a few more emails to them? Maybe once its publically known what this man is doing it might make him remove his website.
The sad thing is that he is obviously a company that supplies Pet goods, but just picks and choices when he wants to send people there goods, hoping that most will just let it slide. He's paying good money to be the first page in Google searches so there must be plenty of people losing there money to him to keep him going!
I'm going to persist with the home phone number people have had success with, and hope I eventually get the goods!
#47328 by JanH Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:24 pm
@Aimos

Welcome to the growing ranks of the "taken".
You are doing the right thing, but don't let anyone at any of the agencies talk you out of filing a complaint. It is not a waste of time.

It needs to go on record to count against this guy. Even though it doesn't do much immediate good, especially for you, every formal complaint is ammunition against this guy when the time comes, and trust me, the time will come.

You will find all the details you need to file complaints with several agencies on page 1 of this thread.
As a hint, you can save time and effort by copying and pasting the text from your first complaint into Notepad or Word to use on the others. At least file at Fair Trade NSW and ASIC.

There are other suggestions in the information sheet on page 1, as well.

Good Luck to you.
#47349 by amazed Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:01 am
OMG I cant believe the post by Sara and the scumbags trying to threaten her with legal action - ha ha ha - go on try it! Actually it is not a bad idea - it will save you the court costs - can you imagine going into court with all these posts printed out - for the past couple of years and handing them to the judge??? What kind of case would that be? AND the best thing is he would have paid for it all - hhmmm not a bad strategy - so Mr McDuff and Liz from Accounts (you stupid idiot) take someone to court - I'm sure we could rally many of these posters to turn up at court! hilarious! ......idiots....
Anyway, I received a response from ASIC which concerns me greatly as they commented saying they couldnt do much until they received other complaints - seems like these complaints are being 'saved' on the database under several different entries! I'd suggest writing directly to these lady:

Liane Cannavo <[email protected]> or
Leigh Coughlan <[email protected]>

This is the letter received:
The supply of goods such as pet food is regulated by the fair trading agencies of each of the states. While we regulate company registration and the public impacts of how directors perform their duties, we do not regulate the commercial activities of companies.

I understand from your complaint that you have brought your issues to the attention of the NSW Office of Fair Trading and/or the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. Given our limited jurisdiction, at this stage we are not in a position to make any further inquiries about the issues you have raised.

Although we have decided not to take any further action at this time, this does not affect your right to pursue this matter privately. Your legal advisor can provide you with more information about what options are available to you.

We have recorded the information you have provided us on our internal database, and this information will assist us should we receive further similar reports and further action by us becomes appropriate.

If you have any questions about this letter please contact me on 02 9911 2910.
Yours sincerely

Leigh Coughlan
Misconduct & Breach Reporting
Stakeholder Services
#47352 by Catsrule Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:18 am
JanH wrote:I would LOVE to be at the hearing on 2 March!!!

It is shown to be at
Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal of NSW
HURSTVILLE:
Wednesday, 2 Mar 2011
2:15 PM at Hearing Room 2 Floor 3, 4-8 Woodville Street Hurstville NSW

If anyone can, please go down to the Tribunal and show your support.
Maybe someone can get more info on Mr. McDuff, and even a photo to share with us all!

I was going to try to get there, however I have just checked https://esd.cttt.nsw.gov.au/Hearing/Hea ... nCode=2220 and Petfood247 is no longer listed for hearing ???
#47357 by amazed Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:56 am
Does anyone know how we can find out about the court case - from reading various posts I think there was one listed for 15 February? and then another for 2 March. But the listing shows the 2 March one disappeared. Settled out of Court perhaps?? Likely, can you find out anywhere if it did? Interested to know - also if there was one early February.

Wish I was in Sydney - love to take this A**hole to court!

Is there a price on a pet's health (when your cat is very sick!)
#47360 by nyk Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:05 am
:oops: I am yet another person to add to this post, and when looking through couldn't believe how many people have posted. I ordered goods in december 2010 and didn't think anything of it when I had an email with my order details.

My credit card was actually charged twice for the one order, so i sent an email to let the dog mcduff know and there urgent attention would be appreciated, I put it down to being around the festive season that I got no response, but after not receiving a thing a week later I emailed them a few times again with no reply, so i did the phone call process with no joy, then I searched the internet and couldn't believe how stupid I was not to of done the search first.

After reading a lot of peoples post I decided not to even try and get through to this ____ but took the advice of some of the posts and rang the bank to start the process of getting my money back, the bank advised me to cancel my card as I wouldn't be covered if they took anymore money from my account, so I not only have to waist time filling out papers, I also have no credit card till they send me a new one, then you start finding out who you've given your card details to, like the child care centre for automatic payments, so this also cost me a dishonour fee, just waiting for more dishonour fees to come in?

:twisted: I can't believe that the site is still going and even with all these posts and complaints that he is still allowed to carry on with the website and take peoples money.

My bank payed the money back into my account but I am still racking my brains on how to alert people before they purchase from him. Basically you can set up a website and sell goods you don't have or have no intention of sending and no one can do a thing about it.

Still haven't received any goods or emails (but what did I expect) :?
I will keep checking in here to see when this _____ gets taken down

good luck everyone
#47426 by Ms T Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:17 pm
KEEP COMPLAINING AND LODGING COMPLAINTS AGAINST PETFOOD247

Did you know that Department of Fair Trade collates all complaints even if they are only verbal complaints. Don't give up reporting Petfood247 becasue you think it's useless. It's not useless, and in fact having previously working in both State + Federal compliance departments I know that investigations need a lot of evidence.

Very often this will be done with little fanfare behind the scenes, and then POW!!! However I can guarantee it's absolutely essential that people continue complaining, both verbally and in writing. It may take a little while, but remember nothing changes if nothing changes. People power is very effective, look at what is happening around the world.

DON'T GIVE UP, we need all of you to keep up the fight against Petfood247, an extremely bad business operator!!!
#47481 by Aimos Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:36 pm
Update: I phoned the 02 954 37818 at 6am QLD time today, and surprise surprise I got hold of a lady who put me on to Gary.
I explained I placed an order a month ago, nothing turned up and no emails were returned. I also told him I was concerned as I had seen a lot of bad reveiws and was afraid I would not be getting the goods that I had been charged for.
He said that on the 7th February the goods were shipped, I did get an email stating that. I told him that seems to be the general story most customers were being told and maybe he should change "shipping" companies as they don't seem to be reliable. He Told me it was Australia Post, I just said hmmm thats odd from Australia Post. I also explained that he was very hard to get hold of, as I couldnt leave a voicemail on the mobile number and had tried the land line for 2 weeks with no answer. He seemed puzzled by that and said the ladies would look into it asap! Ha, it makes me feel sick as to how easily and calmly this Joker can lie!
He told me he will send out replacement goods tomorrow morning and I should have them by the end of the week.
Lets see if he can at least not lie about that.
Last Friday, I lodged complaints the ACCC and Office of Fair trading NSW. I also noticed on a previous post that a direct email address was added for ASIC, I will forward emails with all the details to these email address too. Anything to help stop this lying fraud!
I still think that everyone should send an email to A Current Affair, he needs to be publicly shamed! Maybe that will help him tell the truth.
Fingers crossed for a parcel on Friday!
#47601 by Diva Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:06 am
UPDATE :- As I previously posted I have not received an order that was placed and payed for on the 04/01/2011. I managed to contact Gary McDuff on the 26/02/2011. He knew straight away what my order was. I requested a chq by return mail. He took down my address and guess what NO CHEQUE has arrived to date. I have now contacted my credit card company and maybe I will be able to recover my funds that way. This guy is bad news do not order from him.