Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#47607 by amazed Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:44 am
well done aimos - you need to write directly to these people now. I notice MsT said they do collect it - but when will they start doing something! ASIC told me they couldnt do anything about it and they will file my complaint - like it was the first one! Waht kind of database do they have.

The email address people again is:
Liane Cannavo <[email protected]> or
Leigh Coughlan <[email protected]>

Write directly to these two people.

How about letters to editor in the main newspapers - Sydney Morning Herald or whatever - get our message across in NSW - its not much but its a voice out there that perhaps someone may read our letter and not go and buy on line!
Advertisement

#47615 by Ms T Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:56 am
amazed wrote:well done aimos - you need to write directly to these people now. I notice MsT said they do collect it - but when will they start doing something! ASIC told me they couldnt do anything about it and they will file my complaint - like it was the first one! Waht kind of database do they have.

The email address people again is:
Liane Cannavo <[email protected]> or
Leigh Coughlan <[email protected]>

Write directly to these two people.

How about letters to editor in the main newspapers - Sydney Morning Herald or whatever - get our message across in NSW - its not much but its a voice out there that perhaps someone may read our letter and not go and buy on line!

I spoke to Leigh Coughlin, ASIC today and she told me unfortunately ASIC doesn't have the jurisdiction to deal with what is a contractual relationship between Petfood247 and customers (us). It seems the onus of responsibility for this really does belong to the Department of Fair Trade (DFT).

So as I recommended previously, COMPLAIN TO DFT LOUDLY and have faith that justice will prevail eventually. It is also worth complaining to ASIC as well, although don't expect them to act as there is nothing they can act upon.

DFT do collate all complaints, verbal and written, of course written complaints always hold more power. This can be easily done online. Hang in there folks!
#47655 by vinnysmith Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:40 am
Link removed from message. ~Bubbles

I have just bought Frontline from this site and it cost me 1 dollar more than petfood247, I recommend people who are using petfood247 to use this site as it is just as cheap.

But unlike petfood 247 , this site has a PROPER phone no (not just mobile) , ABN etc, GST reg no etc

So if you are looking for a site with good prices this one is pretty good !

Moderator Note: I removed the link you provided. We don't promote businesses on this site. I am glad that you found a place to get the supplies you need. We just don't do that here. Things would get messy. ~Bubbles
#47736 by Aimos Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:47 pm
In the last 2 days I've had a lot of progress with the complaints process.
I received an email from ASIC saying they are reviewing my complaint and will be in contact. I have also received an email from the ACCC saying they are currently investigating the issue, quoting this in the email "The conduct that you describe risks breaching this provision of the ACL. For this reason I have lodged details of your complaint in our confidential national database"
I also got a phone call from OFT today saying that they have now received over 400 complaints and it has been passed on for action and she informed me that yesterday they had a media release for an offical warning on Petfood 247 which is as follows (found on OFT NSW website)

Fair Trading Deputy Commissioner Steve Griffin today warned the public not to deal with online pet supplies business, PetFood247 and its proprietor, Gary John McDuff.

Mr Griffin said PetFood247’s website is www.petfood247.com.au and the business is based in Bangor.
“NSW Fair Trading has received more than 400 complaints about PetFood247 since November 2009,” he said.
“Additional complaints have also been received by consumer protection agencies in Victoria, Western Australia and South Australia.
“Complaints concern the late or non delivery of goods and the failure of the business to respond to enquiries about delivery.”
Mr Griffin said Fair Trading had previously sought and received assurances from Mr McDuff that he would institute a complaints handling process and improve his communication with customers over non-delivery or delayed delivery of goods.
“Fair Trading does not believe Mr McDuff has systems in place to enable him to meet orders within a reasonable timeframe,” he said.
“Mr McDuff has also been unable to demonstrate to Fair Trading officers that he has an adequate plan to improve his handling of complaints from customers.
“Complaints against PetFood247 and Mr McDuff continue to be received and the behaviour of the business and its proprietor constitute unfair business practices.”
Affected NSW consumers should lodge complaints with NSW Fair Trading either online or at any Fair Trading Centre. Consumers affected in other jurisdictions should contact their relevant consumer protection agency.
Consumers who have not received their orders and who have made payments via credit card should contact their bank to request a charge back.
The public warning has been issued under Section 86A of the Fair Trading Act 1987.
For more information or advice call NSW Fair Trading on 13 32 20.

So a small win for consumers there! It just shows to keep lodging the complaints with Fair Trading!
Personally, still no goods received this week, fingers crossed for a delivery tomorrow!!
#47737 by JanH Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:18 pm
Woohoo!!! :=)

At least it's a start. Keep those complaints going and help shut this guy down for good!!!

The media release is at
http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/About_us/News_and_events/Media_releases/2011_media_releases/20110302_public_warning_on_petfood247_and_gary_john_mcduff.html
Pass it along to anyone and everyone you can think of.

Thanks for the heads-up @Aimos.
#47738 by amazed Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:55 pm
Brilliant!!! :beer: Finally something has been done - albeit very small - one small step.... but its something - we cannot rest there, as this is just a 'warning' a slap on the wrists for Mr McDuff - as most of us know we got bitten THEN we saw everyone's posts and information - none of us saw them before we placed the order.

We now need to get this warning out to as many people as we can - letters of the editors of our various newspapers, ACA, websites etc. Anything!!

Still keep writing to Fair Trading and ACCC (Consumer Affairs). Aimos you're right unfortunately ASIC cant do much. But ACCC and Fair Trading can.

If you see any web provider posting PetFood adverts - send them the Fair Trading warning. As they themselves could be in trouble for promoting a crook!

I cant believe how many emails I've written to these various institutions - but I'm not stopping! :bondage:
#47754 by rupert Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:53 am
Petfood247 have been issued a public warning by the Department of Fair Trading. The Public were advised not to deal with Petfood247 after more than 400 customers credit cards were debited and no orders received. The public warning against Pet food 247 is listed below:

Public warning on PetFood247 and Gary John McDuff
2 March 2011

Fair Trading Deputy Commissioner Steve Griffin today warned the public not to deal with online pet supplies business, PetFood247 and its proprietor, Gary John McDuff.

Mr Griffin said PetFood247’s website is www.petfood247.com.au and the business is based in Bangor.

“NSW Fair Trading has received more than 400 complaints about PetFood247 since November 2009,” he said.

“Additional complaints have also been received by consumer protection agencies in Victoria, Western Australia and South Australia.

“Complaints concern the late or non delivery of goods and the failure of the business to respond to enquiries about delivery.”

Mr Griffin said Fair Trading had previously sought and received assurances from Mr McDuff that he would institute a complaints handling process and improve his communication with customers over non-delivery or delayed delivery of goods.

“Fair Trading does not believe Mr McDuff has systems in place to enable him to meet orders within a reasonable timeframe,” he said.

“Mr McDuff has also been unable to demonstrate to Fair Trading officers that he has an adequate plan to improve his handling of complaints from customers.

“Complaints against PetFood247 and Mr McDuff continue to be received and the behaviour of the business and its proprietor constitute unfair business practices.”

Affected NSW consumers should lodge complaints with NSW Fair Trading either online or at any Fair Trading Centre. Consumers affected in other jurisdictions should contact their relevant consumer protection agency.

Consumers who have not received their orders and who have made payments via credit card should contact their bank to request a charge back.

The public warning has been issued under Section 86A of the Fair Trading Act 1987.

For more information or advice call NSW Fair Trading on 13 32 20.

The link to this warning against using petfood247 is here: http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/About ... cduff.html
#47765 by GomerPyle Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:26 am
Congratulations to all those who have taken the time and effort to complain and try to get this company to behave correctly.

It's now a whole lot easier for anyone making a card re-claim or taking legal steps now that there is an official condemnation on the internet, and I wouldn't describe it as a 'small' step. For some peculiar reason this company doesn't appear affected by the laws of natural physics and seems capable of trading in spite of horrific publicity, but being 'named and shamed' by a government body is about as bad as it comes.

If he can't deliver goods for weeks or months he should say so - it's as simple as that, and this appears to be the crux of his problem.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#48031 by detorka Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:25 pm
well what do u know.... still havnt recieved my refund or seen the products i ordered, so now i have rang office of fair trading who stated as it says in previous posts that the company is under investigation and i asked if they needed me to make a complaint to assist there case and i was told no that they had over 400 complaints already.... i also just visited the website and it states that the shop is CLOSED woohoo bout time they closed it down... Well done to every one, our voices have finally been heard!
#48042 by vinnysmith Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:43 pm
It says

Shop is closed.
We will soon be back to serve you.

Thank you for your understanding.
We will soon be back to serve you ??? :yikes: :?

I am just lucky when we ordered last year we found this site and rang him and the product arrived. I am glad there are other "proper" sites on the net.
#48047 by Ms T Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:02 am
REMAIN VIGILANT
It's fantastic that our continuous actions and numerous complaints have brought about Petfood247 being publically named and shamed. Now it will be interesting to see what their intentions are given the message about closing.

Are they genuinely attempting to put in place professional business measures?
Are they winding the business up, just to reopen under another name?
Are they laying low for a few months hoping that we all forget about them, so that a new batch of unsuspecting customers get bitten?

We all need to keep checking their website weekly to keep tabs on them, plus we need to make sure that the Department of Fair Trade media release is posted on as many forums as possible. And most of important fo all is to make sure people still make compaints to the DFT if/when Petfood247 reopen and repeat their business patterns.

Let's hope it doesn't happen again, but it's hard to believe this leopard will change it's spots.
And give ourselves a pat on the back!!!
#48227 by densan Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:03 pm
Hi all.............I too have been a victim of petfood247 !!!

After ordering in early February and waiting till 1st March, I emailed to no avail !!! His Mobile ph number voicemail was full, so I rang his home number (which has been provided in earlier posts). I was assured by him, that my order was on its way. To date nothing !!

I have contacted my bank and am hoping for a refund. Even the bank had had dealings with other disgruntled customers !!! I have reported him too to NSW Fair Trade ( and have had a reply) and have sent an email to A Current Affair.

This morning I thought that I would try him again. He was very composed, I asked him whether I was going to get my order, or not. He asked me to wait a moment while he check the web, I told him not to bother as it was closed. " It's having work done on it " I was advised. Yeah right, I said. I asked him if he was able to sleep straight at night, after knowingly taking money off people with no intent to supply the goods. He was silent !! I advised him that he better make himself presentable for A Current Affair when they come knocking. What a piece of work......................I do hope that this is the END of this dispicable man, he needs to be stopped from re surfacing again !!! Thanks all
#48247 by Helenan Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:38 am
I ordered Frontline Plus for cats x 12 and some Urine off solution from this website 30/01/11. My bank statement shows my visa card was charged $146.99 on 02/02/11. I then received notification of dispatch 09/02/11 but have received nothing to date. I received no reply to my first email advising I had not received the goods. My email today was unable to be delivered as mailbox full and I now find that the online shop is closed. I have now lodged an online complaint to NSW office of Fair Trading. This is my first negative experience with online shopping but when I found this website I was quite astounded to find these have been ongoing issues for YEARS. I recommend anyone finding themselves in a similar position take the minimal amount of time to register a complaint as this "business" shouldn't be operating. I've even paid freight & 10%GST for goods that have not arrived, its totally unacceptable.
#48265 by rommel2009 Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:11 am
for what it's worth, i am another victim of this state and am prepared to support any court case.

i am also going to send an email to GOOGLE ADS to try to stop him advertising and also his INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER.

if i knew this heartless b@stards address, i'd also send him a small parcel with a present from my dog!

this is only the 2nd negative experience of internet purchasing since 1994 and hopefully comm bank credit card insurance will come good....
#48272 by JanH Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:18 am
@rommel2009

I think you'll find some "useful" information on Page 1 of this thread! :D

Be sure to file to get your charge reversed and lodge a complaint with NSW Fair Trade and ACCC.

Good Luck!